I_WILL_WIN
    I_WILL_WIN's Avatar Become A Pro!

GOY type play - 5-25 - STL vs SDP

Chris Carpenter has yet to show the St. Louis Cardinals this season that he can still be a dominant pitcher. Mat Latos' struggles with the San Diego Padres extend back a little further.
    Both look to break deep slumps Wednesday when the Cardinals seek their first three-game sweep of the Padres in the history of Petco Park.Carpenter (1-4, 4.88 ERA) was a combined 33-13 in 2009 and 2010, but hasn't come anywhere near that success so far in 2011. After going 0-2 in his first seven starts, he beat the Cubs 6-4 on May 10 despite allowing 13 hits in seven innings.Five days later, Carpenter gave up a season-high eight runs over 6 1/3 innings in a loss to Cincinnati. He was better but still lost against Kansas City on Friday, yielding three runs and nine hits over 6 1/3 in a 3-0 defeat.Asked if he was frustrated, the 2005 NL Cy Young Award winner was all business."No. I find myself getting ready for the next start," he said. "You have to continue to grind and do the things you have to do to get ready, then go out and pitch."Carpenter opened 2011 at home against San Diego, and didn't get a decision after giving up two runs and two hits in seven innings of the Cardinals' 5-3, 11-inning loss. St. Louis is 2-8 in Carpenter's starts this year, but he's 2-0 with a 1.29 ERA in three career starts at San Diego.For most of last season, Latos (1-6, 4.60) appeared to be the next star pitcher in the NL, improving to 14-5 with a 2.21 ERA after a win Sept. 7. The right-hander ended the year by losing his final five starts while posting an 8.18 ERA.A shoulder strain delayed Latos' 2011 debut until April 11, and he dropped five of his first six starts. After beating Colorado on May 15, he gave up four runs and eight hits in six innings of a 4-1 loss to Seattle on Friday."I'm not getting results because I'm not making good pitches. Or I'm making good pitches, but I'm not able to finish the way I was last year," Latos told the Padres' official website.Latos didn't record his seventh loss last season until Sept. 17, when he was lit up for a career-worst eight runs and nine hits in 1 1/3 innings of a 14-4 loss in St. Louis. Latos is 0-2 with a 25.31 ERA against the Cardinals (30-20), but he's yet to face them in expansive Petco.St. Louis leads the season series 3-2, and is going for its first sweep in San Diego since Sept. 3-5, 2001, in Qualcomm Stadium. The Cardinals won 3-2 in 11 innings Tuesday as rookie Daniel Descalso's third hit of the game scored Allen Craig with the go-ahead run.Kyle McClellan allowed two hits over six innings, and four relievers gave up only three walks the rest of the way,Brad Hawpe hit a two-run homer in the first inning for the Padres, who have dropped a season-high five in a row. San Diego (19-30) also became the first team to score two runs or fewer in eight consecutive games since the Cubs from April 29-May 6, 2006."Obviously they are frustrated with what the results have been. But they come to the park every day to play," Padres manager Bud Black said.San Diego's Ryan Ludwick is 0 for 12 in his last three games against his former team.

St. Louis Cardinals (25 units)

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

anything against the padres can only be a game of the day type play. you bet against them every single day and wear a path out to the winning ticket window. good luck!

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree but you can get a way better price than that already down to -110 range most places, hold out longer and Cards may be the dogs

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

we certainly know how to pitch to Ludwick and his big loopy ass swing, that why we traded him.

thebestthereis

why the total is 6.5 is a joke. somebody is sleeping or smoking crack.

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

stl is the play in this one. But goy type play? honestly not even top 3 game of the day.... both pitchers in a horrable slump. this is basically a toss up game.. 2 pitchers pitching triple a type ball. Both will get lit up, lets see who gets lit up more though

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    why the total is 6.5 is a joke. somebody is sleeping or smoking crack.
    i cant play over or under today.. Line is begging you to take the over. line is way 2 low for 2 pitchers who are in great amount of struggle lately

thebestthereis

san diego cannot fuckkking score with a fist full of hundreds on Hollywood blvd!!! they should be +200. this is a joke!