zse55
    zse55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Top Pick for Monday 5-23-2011

IDNDIANS +105

The Red Sox are playing much better of late but keep in mind this is a team that doesn't play real well on the road. This hot stretch of baseball may have just as much to do with the fact that Boston has been at home throughout much of it. In fact before their sweep in New York last weekend, the Red Sox started the season just 6-11 at home so far this season.

Cleveland comes in with the best record in baseball. This red hot stretch goes way back to last year as the Indians are now 36-17 their last 53 regular season games overall. Lots of reasons for this play tonight including the fact the Indians have won 22 of their last 30 against right-hand starters, 20 of their last 27 series opening games and 22 of their last 26 home games against teams with a losing road record.

Those points are all good ones but the main reason for this play lies with Indians starter Justin Masterson who has taken his game up another level or two so far this season on the mound. Masterson was good last season showing some signs of breaking out into the next level and he has done just that so far this year. Incredibly Masterson has nine quality starts in just ten overall starts to this season. He has allowed only one home run the entire year in 60 innings of work as the Indians have won eight of his last eleven starts overall and four of his last five at home. The extra bonus in this one is the fact Masterson should be fired up to go against his former team, the Boston Red Sox in this one.

It's all about getting good prices when betting MLB and when you are getting the best team in baseball, who have been almost unbeatable at home this year, with one of the most steady and consistent starters in the game on the hill and all of that at a plus price, well that is almost too good to be true. Take the Indians here in this one.

Pick grade: 1-5= 4

Good Luck!!

Go Thundering Herd!!!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Nice write up. I think I'm staying away from this game tonight. Unless I get another itch. Good Luck on your play.

zse55
    zse55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks parlay junkie.. I got dogers-ml, phillies-ml, and angels-ml...tonight in a 3 team paraly. hope it hits!!!!!

ParlayJunkie
    ParlayJunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by zse55 View Post
    Thanks parlay junkie.. I got dogers-ml, phillies-ml, and angels-ml...tonight in a 3 team paraly. hope it hits!!!!!
    I hope it does to. I need all 3 of those pitchers to get wins for my fantasy team.