No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I find it interesting

Two of the hottest pitchers in baseball square off today in Boston: Verlander and Beckett. JV is 2-0 with a 1.57 ERA in his last three starts. Beckett is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in his last three starts. That's 4 ER allowed in the last 40.1 IP between the two.

They're also tied for either the AL lead or all of baseball (can't remember) in opponent BA at like .171.

So on to the weird part: the total. It opened at 7.5. What? Hell, the Gee vs. Hernandez battle in NY today had a 7.5 line (I know it's the NL, but still). Verlander's last two starts against TOR and KC were 7.5. These are two mediocre offenses at best.

I figured this would open at 7 and maybe even drop to 6.5. It's been hammered down to 7 by the public, who of course are anticipating a classic pitcher's duel. I think it's ripe for the picking now. I say take the over 7. I see a push at worst.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Good play. Verlander is likely to bounce today after being extended his last 2 starts. He usually does. I don't really play overs, could see this being a 5-2ish game, but can't fault your thinking.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Good play. Verlander is likely to bounce today after being extended his last 2 starts. He usually does. I don't really play overs, could see this being a 5-2ish game, but can't fault your thinking.
    I suck at MLB totals, so tread lightly. I probably just secured a 2-1 game.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

hard not to like det. Verlander way more efficient so det has a much better shot to get to hit sox pen. Beckett has been throwing as many pitches as Verlander to get threw 6 or 7 innings.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If Verlander does not go 9 innings, guys like Benoit come in and personally take your under ticket and torch it so quick ashes don't even remain.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    If Verlander does not go 9 innings, guys like Benoit come in and personally take your under ticket and torch it so quick ashes don't even remain.

that pretty much goes for both teams, if pens get involved it goes over.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

if you poison jenks and wheeler before the game you have a 99% chance of winning