SamWise
    Bet with your Head, not with your Heart
    SamWise's Avatar Become A Pro!

Friday early game reds/cubs disccusion

Why are the REDS the underdog here?
    Volquez has worse ERA however GARZA laid off way more hits then Volquez.
    Red are 4-0 in Last 4 meeting in Chicago and 6-1 in the Last 7 Meetings...
    Volquez seems to have very off/on days and fluctuate much but overall I think REDS are the easy pick here.
    any Insight from anyone?

Reds are the pub bet so I want to stay off but I just dont see an angle why I have to take the CUBS

Thanks feedback welcome.

Cranium
    Cranium's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1439

Garza has pitched well this year but has received no run support....I like the Cubs in this one. GL in whatever you decide!

SamWise

Personally I think REDS are the trap today. Volquez can always implode or pitch a gem but I would rather go with the pitcher whois consistent. hmm.. still pondering.. anyone else??

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I think the Cubs are the play...the potent part of the Reds' lineup has not seen Garza's stuff, while the Cubs have logged in some at-bats on Volquez, though nothing much came out of them. The Reds' bullpen has not been all that impressive lately. Personally, this game is a no-play for me, but if I had to choose, I'd play cubs small.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

As a rule of thumb I always fade the teams coming back from West Coast trips on their first game back home. This is due to realizing the party is over now they have to be back with their spouses again.

I will go with Reds based on this RoT.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

oh man look at those flags.

SamWise

good luck all took the cubs ml.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    As a rule of thumb I always fade the teams coming back from West Coast trips on their first game back home. This is due to realizing the party is over now they have to be back with their spouses again.

I will go with Reds based on this RoT.
    RoT won again.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i swept this ************. side and total.

lurk
    lurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I made a small play on the reds because I saw a little value in it, but mostly because I wanted to have something going on in the early game. I was at work and couldn't watch the game except for the pitch by pitch on my phone and I wanted to ask anybody who saw the game, was the strike zone getting called really tight or were they just throwing it all over the place? I couldn't believe how many batters everybody except masset were falling behind. I was expecting that somewhat from volquez, but it seemed to keep up the whole game. Anybody notice anything to take from this game? Reds seemed to keep putting themselves in terrible situations and miraculously getting out of them as soon as they didn't have any more room to screw up. Seemed to be one that the cubs could have easily won going away. Thanks for any insight everybody, these are two of my favorite teams to play.