VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Boston over Philly in the Series

Boston won a hard fought series against Montreal without scoring a power play goal (and giving up one SH goal) and has success against Philadelphia this year. Forget last year, revenge factor is bullshit in my opinion. The Bruins matchup with Philly much better than with Montreal. Montreal is young and fast and wore out Boston...Philly is a big and physical team that plays "smash mouth" hockey, exactly what the Bruins like. Having Pronger back on the ice is big for Philly, but I'm not sure how effective he's going to be. He didn't look that great in Game 6 and Game 7 and still might not be 100%. I think Lucic will get it going this series and play some better hockey, as Philly plays a similar style to Lucic's liking.

Not a homer play. I've waited for the Bruins emotional win to get out of my system and waiting for the line to get where I want, which is currently +105. I think the Bruins take this one in 6 games and I'll be making it a Top Play.

Boston Bruins Series +105

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bruins have about a 10% chance of winning this series. Good luck.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Reasoning?

Or just throwing numbers out of your ass?

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

Thomas needs to stand on his head every game for Boston to win this series. Flyers have too much depth for Boston. Yeah they play physical hockey but you are forgetting the speed they have with Leino, Giroux, Van Riemsdyk....not too mention Carter is banged up. If Boucher plays well and Pronger is back to his normal self, Flyers win in 6. Thomas was the reason the Bruins won 3 of 4 in the regular season only letting in 2 goals in 3 games total if you exclude the 7-5 game that both goalies played like shit. As well as the fact that in the last meeting Pronger was not playing...and the 3 other meetings were back in January and December so they are pretty much irrelevant.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

flyers gonna turn it up now, they going to the cup

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    Thomas needs to stand on his head every game for Boston to win this series. Flyers have too much depth for Boston. Yeah they play physical hockey but you are forgetting the speed they have with Leino, Giroux, Van Riemsdyk....not too mention Carter is banged up. If Boucher plays well and Pronger is back to his normal self, Flyers win in 6. Thomas was the reason the Bruins won 3 of 4 in the regular season only letting in 2 goals in 3 games total if you exclude the 7-5 game that both goalies played like shit. As well as the fact that in the last meeting Pronger was not playing...and the 3 other meetings were back in January and December so they are pretty much irrelevant.
    Pretty square post if you ask me. Really like the Bruins to knock of the Flyers. Only thing that is stopping me from unloading on this is how bad the Bruins powerplay was that last round. There will most likely be a ton of powerplay opportunities for both teams due to the physical play from both sides. If the Bruins powerplay continues to lack then they won't be able to squeak by a tough Flyers team. With that being said, I wasn't pleased with what I saw from the Flyers. Sabres played them tough and had a chance at home to knock them out at home but blew a third period lead and eventually lost in OT. So you could very well say that the Flyers are sort of lucky to even be in the second round.

Anyways, good luck with your Bruins series bet.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

The only reason the Flyers had to go to 7 was one man, Ryan Miller. Two 1-0 shutouts...without those 2 great performances by Miller...Flyers would've advanced in 5.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Player for player the flyers are the better team. The bruins were just as "lucky" to get past montreal

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Player for player the flyers are the better team. The bruins were just as "lucky" to get past montreal
    How were the Bruins lucky to get past Montreal? They went up to Montreal and outplayed them for 2 games, finished the job in OT and then protected home ice. All this with horrible special teams AND Montreal taking advantage on the PP

Boston outplayed them 5 on 5 for most of the series and when it counted....overtime.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Pretty square post if you ask me. Really like the Bruins to knock of the Flyers. Only thing that is stopping me from unloading on this is how bad the Bruins powerplay was that last round. There will most likely be a ton of powerplay opportunities for both teams due to the physical play from both sides. If the Bruins powerplay continues to lack then they won't be able to squeak by a tough Flyers team. With that being said, I wasn't pleased with what I saw from the Flyers. Sabres played them tough and had a chance at home to knock them out at home but blew a third period lead and eventually lost in OT. So you could very well say that the Flyers are sort of lucky to even be in the second round.

Anyways, good luck with your Bruins series bet.
    Good post

supr_villn
    the play never changes
    supr_villn's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOS ..

.. revenge or not -> they're the better team play !

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I think Philly is actually the play here. Boston is indeed a deep team with a talented goaltender, but even with Thomas' numbers this year, I think Miller is a better goaltender. Wiggums makes a good point in that Philly would have won in 5 were it not for the heroics of Miller...and I don't think Thomas is quite up to that (altho I love the guy). Philly also gets Pronger back who is absolutely crucial, word too is that Carter will be back later in the series. I just think Philly is slightly more talented offensively and defensively and despite an edge to the bruins in net, as we saw in the last series Philly can handle those situations. Tight series I imagine however, but if JVR, Briere and Giroux play anything like they did round 1, Philly will just be too much for Boston.

SprayBoy

Also Vegas, I do like your insight, and I like your call on Lucic, but Pronger was anything but looking "not so great" those last 2 games. In game 6 he played all of 4 minutes, so sure he wasn't effective there. But game 7 he looked really fresh, the commentators mentioned it a few times and analysis from tsn and nhl.com said he looked really good. I think whatever was ailing him (if it truly was just a virus) is gonezo. He looks like the old Pronger. Also, just on another note, Philly now has a solidified starter in net in Boucher. I think odds are stacking in Philly's favour. But BOL to you, gonna be an awesome series!!!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Thanks Spray. My biggest problem with the Philly goaltending situation is what happens if Boucher doesn't deliver early on? I'm not sure how long his leash is and Philly has already proven they're not afraid to make a change. Two teams have played with the goaltender in the first round...and both advanced somehow LOL

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Bruins were not lucky at all against Montreal. The Bruins won that series in spite of the referees. Did you watch the games ? Only the Candiens get a power play with 2 minutes to go in a game 7.

SprayBoy

You're bang on right with that Vegas, the leash definitely isn't long, and everyone knows Laviolette is not one to shy away from playing any goaltender anytime. But at least it LOOKS like Philly has a goalie right now, I mean it's much more solidified than say Bobrovsky was starting in game 1 against Miller. I actually imagine they'll stick with Boucher for the remainder of the playoffs even if he gets pulled if not for the mere reason that Philly needs consistency and an end to that goalie controversy. I see this series going the distance, with Philly winning it at home in game 7. Thomas is my favourite American player however, plus I have him in a player pool so wouldn't mind him playing like he's capable

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1091

Philly will skate all over Boston!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

1-0 Bruins already...that was quick. I barely had a chance to sit down and get amped up!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Great way to open the series for Boston, took home ice away from Philly.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

2-0 Boston heading back home!!!

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Looks good now VI, living in the CT area alot of people have Bruins fever right now. Bar I was at was going nuts during that ovetime

VegasInsider
    Update your status

woooo 2-0!!!

I'm feeling a

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lookin good so far..Hope they keep it up I bet boston to win series 4-0 @ +1500 and 4-1 @ +750

got bruins winning east and cup too

VegasInsider
    Update your status

MurrDogg4
    MurrDogg4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Great pick and go Bruins!