Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chase Systems - what am I missing here

A chase system is just a progression right? And we all know that in the long run progressions are doomed to fail right? Am I missing something?

And a chase system in baseball is even MORE tricky because of the money lines and so forth. I was sort of kicked out of the Shut-out chase system because I was Mr. Negative bringing up what I felt was logical problems, asking serious questions and trying to figure out how these people were "winning" hundreds of units a year.

Of course I asked to see actual data and it was never put forth because I was being Mr. Negative.

So - am I missing something?

Buried_PIRATE
    Shaved my chest.
    Buried_PIRATE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please lock this thread immediately..

Nah I am curious too, I think the key is being disciplined enough that at some point you just take the loss at some "fair" loss and just continue on with the chase system.

Also this isn't roulette where out of 1000's times you are going to get some "sick" patterns, I think you can pick and choose your spots more gracefully

Grinder12000
    Grinder12000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why lock - is this controversial? I suppose it is. It's just that I have never seen so many progression systems in any other sport! Just surprised! I'm not knocking it - I love progressions and have played with MANY but never with actual money (I've seen what happens).

I would love to see a work sheet with actual money lines and how it's done. On paper using whole numbers and no vig it's easy but messing with -145 +120 -190 blows my mind.

sorry if this is bringing up bad vibes - new here!
    Last edited by Grinder12000; 04-27-11 at 08:23 AM.

nickdotcom
    nickdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1025

I use a chase system. 3 losses in a row and I move on. It's working well for me thus far...