sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5163

must be the economy too, ie unemployement, gas prices.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The young generation is losing interest in baseball

Its the seniors keeping it alive
    Where do you see this? I don't think there are any numbers saying less kids are playing baseball during the summer and moving towards... what other summer sports are there?...

As it's been said above, tickets for 2 cost $100. We're still in recovery mode from the recession and the average fan that used to buy those upper-deck seats are now saving for vacations and not spending $200 on a family trip to a baseball game. It's that simple.

The people not going to games because of steroids/lack thereof are just as crazy as those that gave up on baseball/hockey because they went into a lockout. The game changes and through the advertising the leagues get from the changes more than make up than the people who leave because it changed.

Lower salaries ==> lower ticket prices and fans will start showing up again. Either that or wait for the economy to recover in 2015.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i am a smoker. why would i go to a sporting event today ?
    it's not fun walking a half mile just to smoke a butt,
    then walk back and sit, do it over again.
    same with going to bars (where in many places smoking is not allowed anymore)
    and rock concerts.
    nothing is truly enjoyable for me if i can't have a cigarette.
    i'm old enough to remember going to concerts and sporting events
    and being able to smoke. those days appear over.
    just another freedom out the window.

i used to play baseball, but to watch it for 9 innings is
    beyond tolerable to me. talk about boring. zzzzzzzzzz

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12515

Not interested in fighting traffic to see a game. I can root for my team from anywhere.

greenshark11
    greenshark11's Avatar Become A Pro!

times are tough but i still find the money to go watch the braves

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

I've been watching the Giants-Pirates series a bit. Looks like you can get a good seat in Pittsburgh.

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post

jays have the richest owner by far in baseball too bad they dont spend any money i think they are at 65-66 mil thats rediculous . i know they say they will spend 140-150 mil but when will it happen?

and why you only picking on toronto? becasue they are in canada? how bout marlins indians royals rays mets a's mariners nats just to name a few
    Im canadian, they are my team. I wanted to give insight on what i see in them.
    watch ur mouth kiddo

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1969

Quote Originally Posted by DemoralizdDreamr View Post
    Im canadian, they are my team. I wanted to give insight on what i see in them. watch ur mouth kiddo
    what u mean watch my mouth?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Anyone surprised here is not living in the usa. If you are then u are joking or are a retard.

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Tired of watching millionairs playing baseball like they are walking the red carpet.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Tired of watching millionairs playing baseball like they are walking the red carpet.
    you must really hate the NBA then. well, unless you're a huge fan of fireworks and marketing aimed at 8 year-olds.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

They can't afford it. No jobs and high cost of everything. Everything sucks for the public now. Some people thinking about going to Mexico for the higher quality of living.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The young generation is losing interest in baseball Its the seniors keeping it alive
    I agree.

Before back in the day kids played on the local diamonds until the street lights when on. Now kids don't even know how to throw a ball rather they play xbox all fukkin day shoving hoagies in their mouths.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

I was at a Braves traditional Double Header 2 weekends ago, they play the games back 2 back with just a 30 minute break in between. So they were honoring Fridays rain out on Saturday 2. The staduium was empty, might and i mean might have been 8-10 Thousand people there. I paid over $200 for 2 tks to sit 5 rows behind Mets on deck circle, there was empty seats all around me. If i ever go back i'll buy cheapest seats available and seat in those same seats.

First 12