Robert Ferringo
    Robert Ferringo's Avatar Become A Pro!

MLB Stadium Weather

* So, in its infinite wisdom Weather.com is doing away with its “Events” section, which provided detailed weather information for sporting events. This sucks because, as anyone that used these pages can attest, their MLB stadium weather pages were unequivocally awesome. I found they were somewhere around 90-95 percent accurate (they never had Coors Field’s wind right, but were always spot on with Wrigley) and they had the cool little diagrams that showed which way the wind was blowing in a given ballpark.

Well, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other pages that had good, detailed, reliable weather info for MLB stadiums. It always helps to know if the wind is blowing in or out of a given park and how that can influence the game based on whose pitching.

I have been using that weather.com site exclusively for about six years so I don’t have a clue about where to go for info now. I’ve seen a few that offer info and even info on the wind direction and speed, but it usually says like “18 mph SW”, which only helps if you know which way the field is pointed. I’m sure I can track down that info and then figure out what is what. But if I can find a site that already has everything I’d rather save myself the time.

Any help or points in the right direction would be appreciated.

Happy Easter to all.

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Robert Ferringo
    Robert Ferringo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Outstanding.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

And I am guessing you have used this for awhile and found it to be pretty accurate? I will say, had I known about the wind blowing in that strongly in Florida I probably wouldn't have played 'over' today. (As if Jiminez and Johnson weren't enough of a deterrent! Damn it!) There was already one ball that would have been a two-run shot that was kept in the ballpark.

Anyway, thanks again and good luck.