MON£Y_MAK£R
    MON£Y_MAK£R's Avatar Become A Pro!

MON£Y_MAK£R's Picks

I wanted to wait for a few weeks of the new season to pass before sharing my picks publicly as it's more difficult to accurately cap games in the opening weeks of the campaign.

I have been analysing and capping MLB, NBA, NCAAB, NHL, NFL and NCAAF games for the past 3 years and after experiencing consistent long-term success over this period, thought I would share my picks on SBRforum.

I will share all of my selections on this thread (not just MLB) and my target is to hit 60+% long-term.

Best of Luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

Atlanta Braves [T.Hudson] @ LA Dodgers [T.Lilly] (2.5 Units)

Tim Hudson takes to the mound for the Braves to face Ted Lilly and the Dodgers tonight. Hudson has a solid 1.29 ERA on the road this season and has been strong historically in this matchup winning 9 of 12 team starts vs the Dodgers. Lilly has a career 4.41 ERA vs the Braves and has an elevated 7.71 ERA in his home starts this season. The Braves pitching edge extends past the starters as they hold a 1.71 road bullpen ERA compared to the Dodgers 6.93 home bullpen ERA on the season.

The Dodgers are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games vs teams with a losing record overall and 2-7 SU in their last 9 games vs right handed pitchers. The Dodgers have been struggling offensively lately scoring 3 runs or less in thier last 3 consecutive games. The Dodgers also fit a negative home underdog system tonight. 'Bet against' home dogs that scored 4 or fewer runs since a home dog win taking on an opponent checking in off a home loss. Look for the Braves to take the series opener on the road tonight.

Verdict: Take the Atlanta Braves moneyline (-125 odds)

Best of luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

Atlanta Braves [T. Hudson] @ Los Angeles Dodgers [T.Lilly] (2.5 Units)

Tim Hudson takes to the mound for the Braves tonight opposing Ted Lilly and the Dodgers. Hudson has a solid road 1.29 ERA this season and has been strong in this matchup historically winning 9 of 12 team starts vs the Dodgers. Lilly on the other hand has a career 4.41 ERA vs the Braves and an elevated 7.71 ERA in his home starts so far this season. The Braves' advantage in the pitching department also extends past tonight's starters as the Braves hold a 1.71 road bullpen ERA compared to the Dodgers 6.93 home bullpen ERA on the season.

The Dodgers are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games vs teams with an overall losing record and 2-7 SU in their last 9 games vs right-handed pitchers. They have also been struggling offensively recently, scoring 3 runs or fewer in their previous 3 consecutive games. The Dodgers also fit a negative home underdog system tonight which indicates to 'bet against' home dogs having scored 4 runs or fewer since their last home dog win facing an opponent checking in off a home SU loss. Look for the Braves to take the series opener on the road tonight.

Verdict: Take the Atlanta Braves moneyline (-125 odds)

Best of luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

apologies for the double post

MON£Y_MAK£R

Soccer: Manchester United & Barcelona (Champions League Finalists) -110 odds (2.2 Units)

MON£Y_MAK£R

Los Angeles Angels [E. Santana] @ Texas Rangers [C.J. Wilson] (2.88 Units)

C.J. Wilson is 1-0 SU with a 2.84 ERA at home so far this year. The Rangers are 27-11 SU in his last 38 starts overall, 20-6 SU in his last 26 starts as favourite and 17-4 SU in his last 21 home starts. The Rangers bullpen has a 3.31 home ERA this season and a 3.03 ERA overall.

Texas are 6-0 SU at home this year, averaging 7 runs scored per game at home this season and 5-1 SU this year when playing at night. The Rangers are 44-18 SU in their last 62 games when the game total is set between 9.0 - 10.5.

The Angels are 5-14 SU in their last 19 games after allowing 2 runs or less in their previous outing. They are also 1-6 SU in their last 7 road games vs left-handed starters.

Verdict: Take the Texas Rangers moneyline (-144 odds)

best of luck all!

Hip2Bsq
    Hip2Bsq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks good. I am on tex as well for another system.

MON£Y_MAK£R

Chicago White Sox [E. Jackson] @ Tampa Bay Rays [D. Price] (1 unit)

The White Sox and Rays will be facing each other for the second time this season. The first series was taken 3-1 by Chicago with 3 of those four games playing 'under' the posted game total. One of those 'unders' was the result of the same two pitchers matching up for today's encounter (Jackson & Price).

Price checks in off a 3-2 victory in Boston where he gave up 2 runs and 5 hits in 7 2/3 innings of work. He didn't pitch too badly in his first matchup with the White Sox this season allowing 3 runs and 9 hits in 6 innings. A.J. Pierzynski (2-8), Juan Pierre (2-9), Mark Teahen (0-5), Carlos Quentin (1-7) and Gordon Beckham (1-11) have struggled with the Rays’ starter. The White Sox offense is struggling right now as they are hitting just under .220 as a team while hitting .225 at night as well.

Jackson has also enjoyed some success vs the Rays in his career. In their matchup earlier this season he gave up 1 run and 4 hits in 8 innings, striking out 13 batters and walking just 1 in the process. He is 3-0 with a 1.44 ERA in 3 career starts vs the Rays. In Jackson's previous outing in Tampa, he threw a no-hitter, striking out 6 and walking 8 in a 1-0 victory. The Rays' hitters are 22 for 115 (.191) against Jackson with Johnny Damon (8-42), Kelly Shoppach (2-13), Ben Zobrist (1-8) and B.J. Upton (1-5) among those struggling against the White Sox starter. The Rays have played 12 Unders in 15 games this season as they are hitting just over .220 on the year.

This game should be a pitcher's duel with a low-scoring result being the expected outcome favouring the 'Under' here.

Verdict: Take the 'UNDER 7.0' Game Total (+100 odds)

Best of luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

Quote Originally Posted by Hip2Bsq View Post
    Looks good. I am on tex as well for another system.
    Glad your on the same page. Good luck!

MON£Y_MAK£R

Correction: CWS/TB game total should be 'over/under 7.5' runs not '7.0' (+100 odds) with a 1 unit play on 'under 7.5'.

good luck

MON£Y_MAK£R

NHL: Philadelphia Flyers @ Buffalo Sabres (1.2 Units)

The Flyers are just 2-6 SU in their last 8 games, 3-6 SU in their last 9 games vs the Sabres and 6-16-1 SU when playing on the road vs Buffalo.

The Sabres are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games overall and 5-0 SU in their last 5 home games.

The Sabres took the opening game of the series in Philly and were pegged back in game 2 to tie the series 1-1 heading to Buffalo. Look for the Sabres to take advantage of home-ice tonight and regain the series lead over the Flyers.

Verdict: Take the Buffalo Sabres moneyline (-120 odds)

best of luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

Chicago White Sox @ Tampa Bay Rays (2 Units)

I'll back the Chicago White Sox Monday to put an end to their 4-game losing streak while beating the Tampa Bay Rays for a fourth time this season. Chicago sends their hottest starter to the mound in Edwin Jackson tonight. Jackson is 2-0 with a 2.89 ERA and 1.232 WHIP with 24 strikeouts in 18 2/3 innings. He beat the Rays once this season already, giving up just 1 earned run and 5 base runners while striking out 13 in 8 innings of a 5-1 victory.

David Price was the loser of that same game, giving up 3 earned runs and 10 base runners in 6 innings. Price is now 0-4 with a 4.88 ERA and 1.542 WHIP in four career starts against Chicago. Jackson loves facing the Rays, going 3-0 with a 1.44 ERA and 0.880 WHIP in three career starts against Tampa. He even pitched a no-hitter against the Rays last season. Chicago has been the better offensive team this year, hitting .270 and scoring 5.3 RPG while Tampa is hitting .224 and scoring 3.6 RPG.

Verdict: Take the Chicago White Sox moneyline (+111 odds)

best of luck all!

MON£Y_MAK£R

That's it from me for tonight. It's unusual for me to have this many picks in one day but I like all of these for tonight.

Best of luck to everyone with their selections!

MON£Y_MAK£R

I thought I had posted this up already for tonight but must have missed it..

NBA: Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls -11.5 (3.3 units)

Indiana played as well as they could in game 1, but still managed to lose by 5 points. The Pacers shot just over 46% from the field. That won't happen again tonight. Chicago allowed just under 90 points a game at home this season, and are one of the best teams at preparing and taking away what the other team wants to do. On the other side of the ball the Pacers defense has no answer for Derek Rose, who got to the rim at will in game 1. Also look for the rest of the Bulls players to have a better game shooting, which should turn into an easy win. The Bulls beat the Pacers by 21 and 19 points in their two previous home games against the Pacers.

Chicago is 25-11 ATS off a home win this season, and 23-9 ATS after a game where they failed to cover the spread this season.

Even with the cover in game 1, the Pacers are just 13-24 ATS as a road underdog of 6.5 to 12 points over the last 2 seasons.

Verdict: Take Chicago Bulls point spread -11.5 (-110 odds)

best of luck all!