CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Texas with Ogando....

I really like this kid and although he may not pitch deep into games early on in the season, i see good value in backing Texas as a dog. The fact i think Ogando keeps Detroits bats in check, I'll take plus money and a small play on the UNDER. GL

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i love to bet against detroit, even though verlander will fuk the rangers up for a while, i just think after he's gone the rangers will get some hits. but i like to look for the bats, i don't trust pitchers to win the whole games.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Verlander and Tigers get it done in game 1. They need the wins and are very hard to beat at home. Texas is 8-1 and needs to start regressing towards the mean.

I think Tigers take game one and three....Rangers win game 2 behind C.J. Wilson.

EastOakland
    EastOakland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

You realize that verlander is 3-0 vs texas in the last 3 years. And ogando has only pitched 6 innings max and it was vs a horrible team (mariners). He did pitch good, but detroit is a hole different lineup and he will only pitch 6 innings max again. Verlander will pitch till the 7th or 8th. And why is a great team like texas at +money...no free money. Im rolling detroit.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

And ogando has only pitched 6 innings max and it was vs a horrible team (mariners)
    This

doe
    doe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ogando is good heard that he has a blister on his hand verlander's better however the over is my play these 2 teams can score I feel both pitchers can give up@least 3runs each texas ml will get consideration close to game time

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

already in the book!

rangers @ +118
    dodgers @ -105

good luck, bros.
    see y'all tomorrow.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

anyone like under 8 for this game...verlander will keep the good texas line up on check...he will prob give up a solo home run..Ogando is good but not a proven starter yet so he will prob give up 3 or 4 runs during his 1st road start..i think the score ends up being around 4-1 or 4-2

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This
    I realize this but he came out of the pen last year and posted a 1.30 ERA in 44 appearances. He sports good stuff and should keep Detroit in check for the first 5-6 innings. GL

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by EastOakland View Post
    You realize that verlander is 3-0 vs texas in the last 3 years. And ogando has only pitched 6 innings max and it was vs a horrible team (mariners). He did pitch good, but detroit is a hole different lineup and he will only pitch 6 innings max again. Verlander will pitch till the 7th or 8th. And why is a great team like texas at +money...no free money. Im rolling detroit.
    Texas is seeing plus money because the pitching matchup vs public perception. The public loves Verlander and knows very little about Ogando.

Rbyrne

Texas has a good bullpen so even if he only goes 5 or 6 innings the pen will come in and shut things down...not to mention they also have the second best closer in the whole league...only closer that is better plays for the yankees

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    anyone like under 8 for this game...verlander will keep the good texas line up on check...he will prob give up a solo home run..Ogando is good but not a proven starter yet so he will prob give up 3 or 4 runs during his 1st road start..i think the score ends up being around 4-1 or 4-2
    I like the FF under so far. Don't trust Detroit's shitty bullpen.

Wind's going to be blowing SW at 25 Monday -- hitters face south, so that should be a factor.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    Texas is seeing plus money because the pitching matchup vs public perception. The public loves Verlander and knows very little about Ogando.
    % are pretty split so far -- I'm seeing 54% on DET.

Rbyrne

yea but i expect verlander to go 8 innings so i think the pen can manage 3 outs LOL...valverde aint too bad....yea i heard the winds would be blowing 23 mph in from right center towards 3rd base...and also a 30 percent chance of rain...so with the wind blowing in that direction should keep most fly balls in the park...what u think?

Rbyrne

i hit the under 9 in the rangers 3-0 victory over my orioles today...if a less than 100 percent guthrie can hold this powerful texas line up to one run which was a solo shot by Beltre...the pen gave up the other 2 runs then what will a locked in verlander do?....and the tigers line up doesnt scare me..the have miggy and the rest arent very consistent

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I actually like DET tomorrow fwiw JV has very good numbers against TEX and DET has good numbers vrs TEX Last 3 seasons agree with other poster about TEX coming back down to earth tomorrow.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Going with Texas myself, shutout system chase play

pt111
    pt111's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some things to consider (IMO) for this game...

1. Verlander hasn't faced the Rangers since 09.

2. Ogando has never started against this Tiger's lineup (let alone ever against the Tigers)

3. Winds seem to go against homers in Detroit.

4. Rangers as an underdog...

Obviously the Rangers have the reputation of being a team of hitters but how about their pitching? Verlander has proven himself to be the Tiger's ace while Ogando is trying to prove himself as a capable starter. Before the season began, people were doubting the Rangers in their division and the A's were projected to win the division. I believe the Tiger's bat's will be able to get to Ogando. The whole Ranger's lineup has a combined 2 HR's (Beltre & Napoli) against Verlander. I would love to bet the Tigers in this situation but I believe it is best to watch how Ogando fares against this Tigers lineup since it is so early in the season.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pt111 View Post
    Some things to consider (IMO) for this game...

1. Verlander hasn't faced the Rangers since 09.

2. Ogando has never started against this Tiger's lineup (let alone ever against the Tigers)

3. Winds seem to go against homers in Detroit.

4. Rangers as an underdog...

Obviously the Rangers have the reputation of being a team of hitters but how about their pitching? Verlander has proven himself to be the Tiger's ace while Ogando is trying to prove himself as a capable starter. Before the season began, people were doubting the Rangers in their division and the A's were projected to win the division. I believe the Tiger's bat's will be able to get to Ogando. The whole Ranger's lineup has a combined 2 HR's (Beltre & Napoli) against Verlander. I would love to bet the Tigers in this situation but I believe it is best to watch how Ogando fares against this Tigers lineup since it is so early in the season.
    Excellent points here. Thank you all for your input and opinions. GL today!

VicVega91
    VicVega91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excellent thread. Thanks for the early morning info guys

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

verlander at home with a -135 price is a bet all day and on sunday no matter if they play the rangers (he dominates) or god (he only faced once). actually better yet, let's wait for him to -250. good luck!

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

3-0 in the last 3 years?! Holy crap! All in boys!! Haha.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless Verlander pitches 9 innings the Det pen is gonna give up the runs and kill your ML or the defense is going to give up the 4 errors like yesterday and kill your ML. So many ways the Detroit defense will kill your ML.

terrors3
    terrors3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Texas and the over

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status

Rbyrne

told yall that under 8 was the best play...ahahah what an easy win...i went big on it....LOL at everyone who took the over with two very good pitchers on the mound today hahahahah