BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland Indians to win tonight vs. Seattle

The Indians are playing solid baseball right now on a 5 game win streak. Starting pitchers have been performing well, and the tribe has some real live bats right now. Travis Hafner has turned his career around so far this season and is pounding the ball and putting up huge stats .375 average 2 homers and 6 RBI's. Orlando Cabrera has been an important addition to the Indians this season hitting for a .360 average so far. Most importantly the bullpen has been clutch and they have 3 rested key bullpen pitchers who are ready for tonight after getting the night off with the Indians destroying the mariners last night. Tony Sipp has performed well in his 7th inning relief role, and set up man Rafael Perez has been lights out in clutch situations. Closer Chris Perez has been shaky in his 3 appearances, but has gotten the job done and finished games off. The bullpen will be rested coming off their 3 game series sweep of the Red Sox earlier this week, and Justin Masterson should put together another solid outing of 6-7 innings.

Justin Masterson is pitching very well right now and will start the game tonight vs. the Seattle Mariners. He is (1-0, 1.29 ERA) on the season thus far, and gave up one run in seven innings of a 7-1 win over the White Sox last Sunday during his first start of the year. Masterson is 2-0 with a 1.16 ERA in three starts and three relief appearances against the Mariners. He faced them once last season, giving up one hit in six scoreless innings of a 9-1 home win Aug. 15.

The Mariners are trying to stop a 5 game losing streak, the starting pitcher for the M'S tonight is Doug Fister (0-1, 3.18). Fister lasted 5 2/3 innings at Oakland in his first start last Sunday, giving up three runs and eight hits in a 7-1 defeat. Fister is 0-1 with a 4.63 ERA in two starts against Cleveland. He gave up four runs and seven hits in 5 1/3 innings of a 6-3 home loss against the Indians Sept. 2. last season.

For all of these reasons I am going against all of my common sense and betting 7 units on the Moneyline for the Indians tonight, to beat the Mariners. But....follow with caution, I am currently down 5 units on the season and hold a 8-12 betting record so far, maybe you should fade my pick

BigTenBets10

welp guess I am the only one who called this one, nobody responded, I cashed on this game tonight!

BamaBill67
    BamaBill67's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had it in a parlay

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

cashed this as well
    nice play

angtank
    angtank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff!!!

BigTenBets10

It was a whole lot closer than I thought, but they got it done. I might make a small play on the Indians to win tomorrow night as well. Not sure who is going to be starting for the Indians, so that will determine if I make the play or not, but the M's are falling fast losing 6 straight after starting 2-0

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenBets10 View Post
    The Indians are playing solid baseball right now on a 5 game win streak. Starting pitchers have been performing well, and the tribe has some real live bats right now. Travis Hafner has turned his career around so far this season and is pounding the ball and putting up huge stats .375 average 2 homers and 6 RBI's. Orlando Cabrera has been an important addition to the Indians this season hitting for a .360 average so far. Most importantly the bullpen has been clutch and they have 3 rested key bullpen pitchers who are ready for tonight after getting the night off with the Indians destroying the mariners last night. Tony Sipp has performed well in his 7th inning relief role, and set up man Rafael Perez has been lights out in clutch situations. Closer Chris Perez has been shaky in his 3 appearances, but has gotten the job done and finished games off. The bullpen will be rested coming off their 3 game series sweep of the Red Sox earlier this week, and Justin Masterson should put together another solid outing of 6-7 innings.

Justin Masterson is pitching very well right now and will start the game tonight vs. the Seattle Mariners. He is (1-0, 1.29 ERA) on the season thus far, and gave up one run in seven innings of a 7-1 win over the White Sox last Sunday during his first start of the year. Masterson is 2-0 with a 1.16 ERA in three starts and three relief appearances against the Mariners. He faced them once last season, giving up one hit in six scoreless innings of a 9-1 home win Aug. 15.

The Mariners are trying to stop a 5 game losing streak, the starting pitcher for the M'S tonight is Doug Fister (0-1, 3.18). Fister lasted 5 2/3 innings at Oakland in his first start last Sunday, giving up three runs and eight hits in a 7-1 defeat. Fister is 0-1 with a 4.63 ERA in two starts against Cleveland. He gave up four runs and seven hits in 5 1/3 innings of a 6-3 home loss against the Indians Sept. 2. last season.

For all of these reasons I am going against all of my common sense and betting 7 units on the Moneyline for the Indians tonight, to beat the Mariners. But....follow with caution, I am currently down 5 units on the season and hold a 8-12 betting record so far, maybe you should fade my pick
    I'm glad someone else has been grabbing the Tribe. I've rode Cleveland game 1 and 2 of the series. I knew they'd pound Eric Wedge. He is an awful manager. I live in the Cleveland area and could not stand anymore of that guy. I'll play them agian with Tomlin on the mound. I'm seeing them right now at +108. They're up against Bedard, he's a lefty and a lefty should give the Tribe trouble but I'm not too worried. The way Acta has been managing, this team is playing tremendous. I'd say 2 units on them tomorrow

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Tribe seem great value in the Sunday game as well. I'm taking 2 units too.