UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Steve bartman the only true cubs fan

2 years ago when espn was makingthere promo videos for the "30 for 30" series they had a commercial called what if i told you....

Anyways in a clip of the commercial it showed bartman interfering with a alou catch that we all know about.

In the commercial when showing the clip it said. " what if i told you hes the only true cubs fan". Espn originally was suppose to add this to thier 30 for 30 series called " catching hell" but it was scratched late last year.

What cud the 1 hour documentary be about. I wasnt a big baseball fan around the time but what was there angle going to be in proving what he did makes him a true cubs fan? Besides the obvious of course that a fan wants to catch a fly ball.

Cudnt find anything googling it and this has never been discussed anywhere so thought id start here.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    2 years ago when espn was makingthere promo videos for the "30 for 30" series they had a commercial called what if i told you....

Anyways in a clip of the commercial it showed bartman interfering with a alou catch that we all know about.

In the commercial when showing the clip it said. " what if i told you hes the only true cubs fan". Espn originally was suppose to add this to thier 30 for 30 series called " catching hell" but it was scratched late last year.

What cud the 1 hour documentary be about. I wasnt a big baseball fan around the time but what was there angle going to be in proving what he did makes him a true cubs fan? Besides the obvious of course that a fan wants to catch a fly ball.

Cudnt find anything googling it and this has never been discussed anywhere so thought id start here.

Maybe after all of that garbage he's gone through, he still roots for them and attends games?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

He may attend games now, but I live in Chicago and can assure you he wasn't at games for a few years after that. Right or wrong, He was pretty hated around here.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Persona non grata.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

i think people cleared him once alou said he wouldnt of caughted it anyway

MurrDogg4
    MurrDogg4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

I think they are still going to air the documentary, but left it out of the 30 for 30 run. Sort of along the same lines as the Fab 5 doc and the upcoming 'Brady 6'.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68195

He got a very raw deal.
    Unbelievable.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1951

10 fans reached for the ball give the guy a break

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Bartman was a moron twice. First for interfering with the catch. But his second moronic move was worse. He should have given interview after interview nationally, locally, and everything in between. By disappearing its much easier to hate the guy. If he goes on TV and spills his heart about his long-time love affair with the cubs and the heart ache he felt after the play he'd be in a much better position today. People are forgiving, but you have to ask for forgiveness. And as I said, it's easy to hate a stranger and Bartman chose to be a stranger.