imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Astros -119/-1.5 +185

LA DODGERS (10-11) AT HOUSTON (14-6)

KEY STAT

PEREZ is 0-3 when starting against HOUSTON with an ERA of 13.75 and a WHIP of 2.660.
    His team's record is 0-4 (-4.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-4. (-4.3 units) Houston has a .341 BA also

Some other stats to consider with Perez
    Career on Road:

W 13 L 17 ERA 4.73 .284 OPP BA
    WOW!!!

Houston @ Home 11-4
    Last 3 yrs 121-69

WANDY RODRIGUEZ is a fvckin stud! Have you seen
    his stats this year?

3-0 2.52 ERA

Batting wise
    Dodgers .265
    Astros .282

HR
    Dodgers 17
    Astros 30

Astros will try hard as hell to win their last home game
    til 5/3/2006

Well any thoughts would be appreciated
    Astros 4-0 this year as ML fav of -100 to -125

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

GV, as you and I have discussed before, I'm not necessarily a good source for a 'feel' about my beloved Astros. But a couple of items to point out, nonetheless.

1) Wonder if Lidge is available for this one? Considering how he's pitched the last two nights, that might not be a bad thing. And with a day off tomorrow, perhaps Garner will throw him a third day in a row (and fifth day out of six). My gut says that after 55 pitches the last two nights combined, Lidge gets the day off. Breaking in a new closer for this one, if the game is close, could be volatile.

1a) Ezequiel Astacio is probably the long reliever for this one with Qualls the middle man, Springer the setup and Wheeler the closer. Gallo can probably spot a LH bat or two, and that's it, with Borkowski out after four innings and close to 60 pitches last night.

2) Look for Ausmus to not start the game as Eric Munson has been slotted as Wandy Rodriguez' catcher this year. Munson is nowhere near the defensive catcher or signal caller that Ausmus is. Giving Ausmus his regular day off here also has the benefit of giving the old backstop two days off in a row.

3) Shortstop Adam Everett could also miss this game after getting plunked on the hand last night. Again, this might not be a really bad thing since I feel his replacement, Eric Bruntlett, is at least par with Everett if not better on offense. But Bruntlett is not the defensive player Everett is.

4) If Everett were available, I'd bet on Garner giving Biggio the day off. That probably won't happen now because of Everett's condition.

5) The last two games, in my opinion, have been more mentally draining on Houston than LA.

Now, after all of that, it should also be noted that Houston has won every series so far this year except one. The one they didn't win was in San Fran when weather shortened it to two games and the Astros/Giants splitting.
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 04-26-06 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typist I was dictating to is all thumbs on the keyboard.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love over here. Perez struggles with the Astros, as you mentioned, and the Dodgers are crushing left-handed pitching so far this year, averaging over 7 rpg in games started by LHPs. Rodriguez is nowhere near as good as his early numbers show. Not to mention that this is being played in a great hitter's park.

imgv94

Willie after everything you have said kinda makes me like the Dodgers now.
    Well I only bet 1/2 unit so far cause wanted to see how my Reds bet went
    and cause game starts @ 5pm PT. Thanks Willie I think over Razz's bet
    looks good!!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Perez 0-3, 13.02era, 2.57whip against Houston in his career in 18.2 IP.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Perez 0-3, 13.02era, 2.57whip against Houston in his career in 18.2 IP.
    Helped his ERA a bunch tonight huh?? Got blasted!
    '

YEAH BABY!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's looking like you got this one wrapped up IMG.

maybe your getting back on track bud.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    it's looking like you got this one wrapped up IMG.

maybe your getting back on track bud.
    Kind of feels like it. Thanks!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

With that 14 inning game last night, they werent going to take Perez's sorry ass out to soon. Just left him in there to get hit around.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking real good up 8-2. Nice going im.