JESSE1014
    JESSE1014's Avatar Become A Pro!

420 Feet to the Wall

This will be a season long thread that I am starting here to help track my baseball bets over the season. Hopefully it will be a good season with some high proffits accumulated at the end. I will start off by saying I am a die hard Phillies fan but do not purely just bet on them. I actually picked the yanks to win the WS bc I liked the 6-1 odds. I would rather the phills win the WS but if the Yanks win which is always a possibility I liked the value that was offered. If the phills win I will be extremly happy either way. Fade or follow the choice is yours. One unit=$25

Early Games-

Arizona +134 vs Cubs
    - Took arizona yesterday and they shit a brick but have a better feeling about them today bc I still like what I saw yesterday. Each team had 8 hits, but AZ left a shit ton of guys on bases (11)! I have to give Randy Wells credit for getting out of some difficult jams, but I do not see the cubs getting that lucky again. Look for Kelly Johnston to hit a bomb today and go 2-4 against the cubs rookie. Also Carlos Pena is probably out for cubs today which will help the cause.

final pick 1.5 units DBACKS

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I haven't really looked into bases yet this year, but liked the price I saw on Arizona today and was thinking about that as a possible play.

Good luck with the play and the season

JESSE1014

So far down 2-1. Still have good feeling Dbacks take it down

JESSE1014

As I typed last comment Tyler Colvin cracks 2run homer lol. Oh well down 4-1 now. Let's wake up Dbacks.

JESSE1014

It's about time the bats woke up to tie the game with a 3 run 7th! Willie bloomquist is the only guy though that apparently can hit with risp. About my k Johnston prediction earlier boy was I off 0-4 now! Let's finish this strong zona!

JESSE1014

Tough loss! Taken 1.5 units on padres. Look for harang to rebound now that he's in big park

Paradroid
    Paradroid's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm i like bumgarner in this spot

JESSE1014

Snuck in two bets in the bathroom during a family dinner last night. Bet against my phillies Bc had good feeling bout chris young back to his padre days and I feel taller pitchers have moe umph! Plus hamels had awful career numbers against mets. Small bet .788 units (19.17). Then made one unit bet on blue jays -1.5 which lost. Won 2 and lost two yesterday but still made little profit so can't complain.

MLB record 2-2 [+.552 units]
    Last edited by JESSE1014; 04-06-11 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

JESSE1014

Nothing like a bunch of early baseball games to watch when your sick and can't make it to work today.

First bet of the day is 2 units on the angels -110 vs the rays. Rays have lacked severe power since they lost Crawford to the sox as well as Pena to the cubs. And then longoria out on the dl really kicked them in the nads! I do like what I saw from Jeremy hellickson last yr but he's going against dan haren whose already proved that he is a star pitcher. Bobby Abreu and howie Kendrick are off to a torrid start and they have mark trumbo filling in for that moron kendry morales (ouch my foot!) who has power and major potential, total sleeper pick if he continues to play. Good luck to all.

JESSE1014

Line jumped to angels +104 Interesting!!!

JESSE1014

Second bet today. Felix Hernandez and the mariners over the rangers. This game is going to be a close one but I liked the way Felix pitched in the first game with a cg. He's in the zone look for him to cool the hot rangers bats.

Taking 1 unit mariners.

JESSE1014

This sick day is allowing me to get some bets in!

Third bet of the day taking Wsox-103 for 1.5 units over the royals. The Wsox have the talent to score a lot of runs. Jeff Francis is a solid pitcher but he will not pitch as well as he did in his first start. Buerhle looked shaky his first start but still managed to get the w. Look for him to rebound and make the royals look like fools, royals come back luck runs out today.

JESSE1014

Totally wrong about seatle game, Felix was off and mariners have issues with offense and defense!

Buerhle looked like shot while Francis was on pt.

I think I just shit my pants watching the ninth inning of this sox royals game. Soria comes in with 3 run lead gets two quick groundouts, then sox miraculously score 4 runs with two outs to take a 7-6 lead and end up blowing the save! Now 7-7. Wild game which I don't deserve to win.

Wow it's quiet in this thread!

JESSE1014

As my gf would say winner winner chicken dinner. Didn't deserve to win this sox game got mad lucky but I'll take it

JESSE1014

Quick bets. One unit each on phillies and tigers run line. 1.5 units on marlins straight up and reds run line.

JESSE1014

What a day/night yesterday went 6-1 ...Ever since that miraculous WSOX comeback during the day games, the night went even better with 4 out of 4 correct picks (wish I would have parlayed those but not complaining!, no need to be greedy!)...Thoughts on games last night below.

Phillies- Love them to death and when they were winning 7-0 thought that game was in the bag especially when I had it at -1.5. Then Fat Joe falls completely apart in the fifth inning and the mets rally to tie it 7-7 again I think I shit my pants this time in awe! Anyways thanks to howards awesome night 4-4 and some great bullpen pitching from Bastardo and Contreras they win 10-7, bank it.

Reds- Volques lets up 4 runs in the first inning but you can never count those reds out, they are so offensively talented and can comeback in any game. Im worried about them come October even though we (the Phillies) spanked them in the first round of the playoffs, still thinking of that Halladay no hitter makes my day! They then go and dominate the rest of the game and score 12 unanswered runs for the W, will look to bet on them more as the days go by, bank it!

Marlins- Down 3-0 at one pont then offense wakes up midway through game, coghlan and ramirez have huge nights and they win 7-4, bank it!

Tigers- about time they sent those orioles packing, orioles do have some potent offense but I dont think there pitchin is as strong as people think, they have potential but are very young and inexperienced which can severly hurt them in the long run.

A lot of day games today, cant wait to see whats in store, will post plays/leans a litte later. Show some love in this thread and lets win some money this season and celebrate 420 style, theres no icon for that but love me some celebration beers!
    MLB record 8-3 [+8.3084 units]

JESSE1014

Todays Early Bets-

RSOX -1.5 (-125) for 1.5 unit- Facing Fausto who showed me in his last appearance that he cant keep the ball down over the plate and he is supposed to be a ground ball pitcher. Red Sox are due to break slump and gonzalez and crawford are starting to heat up. Look for sox to cruise buy at least 4 runs...

Reds- -1.5 (+135) for 1.5 units over Astros- Astros didnt show me shit in the first three games against the phillies nor did they show anything last night. Taking a guy who has had only 7 career starts for the reds but am also ridding their hot bats. Myers gets rocked today.

Blue Jays straight up (-120) for 1.5 units over athletics- Bottom line Romero is a stud and I know Cahill had great numbers last year but I just dont think their offense is quite up to par with the jays.

Blue Jays -1.5 (+170)- Love romero to keep low score but this is a true feeling lucky gamble so id be carfeul. More then likely my 2 blue jays bets will go 1-1 but we will see.

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by JESSE1014; 04-07-11 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Accidentally hit enter before finishing.

JESSE1014

Todays Early bets awful lol. 0-4 ...Luck ran out from yesterday, oh well still up a little bit, will calculate that amount after night over beacuse im leaning marlins.

RSOX dont even no what to say, congrats to Fausto, pitched a hell of a game, to bad he didnt even get the W he deserved it. Cant score any runs when you cant hit and boy are they in a slump right now 0-6 no one could have guessed that! chalk up an L

reds- Myers was dealing, cant be mad he kicked but and their bats cooled off which was eventually going to happen, oh well, chalk up an L

Blue Jays- looked good till they pulled Romero in the 8th with a one run lead and Jason Frasor chokes, Cahill is a lot better then I thought and totally got greedy on that double bet on this game with the RL, thought batista would play and Aaron hill cant get a hit to save his life and he used to be a double machine!, chalk up a double L

Rough afternoon and ******* tired. Will post later.

JESSE1014

MLB record 8-7 [+2.8084 units] still profitable but a loss of 5.5 units today thats a bummer

JESSE1014

2 units on tigers- Tillman almost had no hitter his first game but that was against Tampa who as we know can't hit the broadside of a barn right now! Tigers had 12 hits last night and I believe that will continue against the rookie. Brad penny got off to rough start but I'm looking for him to rebound like Fausto carmina did today!

JESSE1014

One unit on marlins -1.5. Love Johnson today and marlins looked alive yesterday.

Also First parlay of the season taking tigers pick and marlins RL. Hopefully there will be some 420 style celebrating tonight if these hit!

JESSE1014

Got seriously rapped last night, 0-7! oh well cant let that get me down, now down on the year, just have to suck it up and come back firing today. I was riding a 6-1 streak the day fore then the complete meltdown of 0-7 last night. Took some bets I probably should have thought more about but value wise but was feeling lucky off of hot streak and admit I got cocky. I do not regret any of the bets I took just should have been smarter about the unit wagers. Today I will rebound.

MLB record 8-10 [-1.1668 units]

JESSE1014

Going against the posts and taking the Yanks +125 over the socks. Sox have shown me nothing and phil hughes wil rebound from awful first appearance. Bet 2.6952 units on Yanks. Good Luck to All.