CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Why do people like Seattle tonight?

I just can't think of one good reason why or how the Mariners can beat the Rangers tonight.

Please don't tell me because of Bedard. Guy hasn't started a meaningful game in a year...

Mariners defense isn't the problem but their offense is lackluster. Their manager is going to have them playing scrappy ball, but I just can't see it being enough vs Texas.

and this post is coming from a M's fan...very disappointed longterm M's fan

Also, one of their wins vs the A's was gift wrapped from the baseball gods...Oakland committing 5 errors that normally wouldn't happen that let the Mariners open the game right up in the 7th or 8th I believe...heck maybe the 6th. Other than that they were dead. You're going to be relying on the Rangers to commit a bunch of errors?

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

i'm taking the rangers, lineup is just way better, and holland is a lot better at home

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

One thing that stands out to me is, Mariners are as you said are a scrappy ball playign team, a huge disadvantage is that the Rangers have much more power in a hitter friendly park. I guess the question is, is the Mariners pitcher going to give up any long balls.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    One thing that stands out to me is, Mariners are as you said are a scrappy ball playign team, a huge disadvantage is that the Rangers have much more power in a hitter friendly park. I guess the question is, is the Mariners pitcher going to give up any long balls.
    I can see this staying close at the start and then when bedard gets replaced the Rangers will start pounding the ball and open the game right up.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Exactly, if Bedard shows up which he has looked good this spring, they may keep it close for the first 5-6 innings, but Seattle's pen is CRAP. Texas will light it up the last couple of innings. I am all over the Texas Runline.

winningdoc
    winningdoc's Avatar Become A Pro!

What, you don't think that a team averaging 4 runs a game can't beat a team averaging 8.7 runs a game? Even with that being the case, I think the Rangers bats are aren't so hot tonight, I'm putting a little on Seattle...just because.