Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

Dh mlb - 4/4

Picks for April 4, 2011

Atlanta Braves @ Milwaukee Brewers (2:10 PM ET)
    Beachy has earned every bit of his rotation spot, posting a 21/4 K:BB ratio this spring with a sub 1.00 ERA in 20 IP. On the other side, the Brewers once again look to have a horrible bullpen with an erratic closer. Combine that with Narveson who tosses fastballs at over a 60% clip (allowing a .300+ BAA), and you've set the table for the Braves to come in and dominate. I'm always weary of rookie pitchers, but in this situation with the teams trending in different directions, Beachy has the stuff to get through the lineup a couple times with little or no damage. Braves are my pick to win the NL this year, and this is definitely a game they should walk away with.
    Pick: [901] Atlanta Braves -1½ +160 (5Dimes)
    Risk 1 units to win 1.6 units

Detroit Tigers @ Baltimore Orioles (3:05 PM ET)
    Tigers just came off scoring 19 runs at Yankee Stadium, and with a win in their final game they should be ramped up to take on the Orioles and get back to .500. Orioles have been playing well, but it remains to be seen what the back-end of this rotation can really do. Off day tomorrow, so Tigers should let it all hang out today. If the Orioles are leading they'll put Gregg in to give the Tigers one last chance. Anyway you cut this one, I see Porcello and the Tigers as a slight favorite getting plus odds.
    Pick: [907] Detroit Tigers +111 (BetJamaica)
    Risk 1 unit to win 1.11 units

Minnesota Twins @ New York Yankees (7:05 PM ET)
    We are all aware of how horrible the Twins record has been in NY the past few years. Gardy is hitting below .200 against this club, and has admitted he hates playing here. Is that grounds for motivation? I guess so, but with a defeatist attitude, it is also grounds to pick your fights. With Nova's hot spring it makes sense to play the percentages in this one and take the runline in what should be a game that should at least come close to double digit runs. Tex and A-rod are swinging well early and should give Nova enough support for the Twins to roll over and come back tomorrow even more desperate.
    Pick: [910] New York Yankees -1½ +125 (Bookmaker)
    Risk 1 unit to win 1.25 units

Records and past plays posted at www.twowhiteelephants.com
    Last edited by Diamond Hustler; 04-04-11 at 11:31 AM.

Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

Never fun to get burnt by the runline twice in one day.