VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

National League West Baseball Sucks

I can't believe I'm even watching this garbage. Perfect example:

Torres gets HBP on 2nd pitch of the game. Pitch #3...Sanchez is bunting.

Let these fuks swing the bat...it's the Top of the 1st inning. Giving up an out to move a baserunner from 1st to 2nd in the Top 1st is not smart baseball.

Fuking Bruce Bochy...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its called smallball

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

I Love Baseball

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

You grew up on fake baseball kid, sit back and learn how the game was meant to be played...

Soon , Zitio's contract will expire, they'll have a real pitcher in there and it will all start to make sense...

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

hardest division to bet on IMO

been losing money on NL west games for as long as i can remember

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

i mean they won a world series so it must of worked out

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I can't believe I'm even watching this garbage. Perfect example:

Torres gets HBP on 2nd pitch of the game. Pitch #3...Sanchez is bunting.

Let these fuks swing the bat...it's the Top of the 1st inning. Giving up an out to move a baserunner from 1st to 2nd in the Top 1st is not smart baseball.

Fuking Bruce Bochy...

Yeah that kind of managing wiII never work.....

They pIayed that way Iast year and we aII know what happened...

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry. I don't quite understand this post. This is baseball. The game has different strategies employed in different situations. Part of what makes it the greatest game there is.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It seems I wasn't very clear. I have nothing against small ball and I respect all philosophies of the game. Contrary to what iiford thinks, I'm not some 18 year old kid that only grew up with ARod/Bonds/Sosa hitting the longball. I'm old to enough to remember baseball in the 80s and early 90s (albeit, not the true smallball of the earlier years), but I understand the game.

Now that people understand I know what smallball is and understand the game, I don't agree with bunting runners over from 1st to 2nd with no outs in the Top of the 1st inning. If Torres leads off with a double, I'm fine with bunting him to 3rd...different story. Sanchez is your #2 hitter for a reason, let him swing the bat.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

i like it. i enjoy seeing managers use various strategies. hey the giants strategy is obviously very good as they beat a lot of good teams on their world series run last year.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    It seems I wasn't very clear. I have nothing against small ball and I respect all philosophies of the game. Contrary to what iiford thinks, I'm not some 18 year old kid that only grew up with ARod/Bonds/Sosa hitting the longball. I'm old to enough to remember baseball in the 80s and early 90s (albeit, not the true smallball of the earlier years), but I understand the game.

Now that people understand I know what smallball is and understand the game, I don't agree with bunting runners over from 1st to 2nd with no outs in the Top of the 1st inning. If Torres leads off with a double, I'm fine with bunting him to 3rd...different story. Sanchez is your #2 hitter for a reason, let him swing the bat.
    What's wrong with that? Doing whatever it takes to win. More of a chance Sanchez pops it up and then you still have 1 out with a man on 1B. Bunt the ball and get your man to 2nd and then start swinging. It's a team game and managers are doing whatever it takes to win a scrappy game.