Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cards -191

I know its the Pirates but I can't believe Suppan is laying that much chalk. I think he'll get things turned around at some point but if you are going with the trends then I'd bet against him...he was awful in the spring and he's been awful so far this year (he did have one acceptable start @ Home against the Brewers). Probably a no-play for me but just wanted to make a note of this....just seems like the line is way too high. I'll play Carpenter -400 before I'd play Suppan -200 right now.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

GL I hope you win!!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice hit Wassy.

Wassymac

Well nothing like the Pirates to get things ironed out. Suppan looked like his old self tonight...nothing spectacular but chewed up innings.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try the cardinals tomorrow. The Cards are in the middle of a 21 day strech without a day of rest. I expect LaRussa to use the 'B' lineup against Duke and the Pirates, especially after winning the first two games. Stat Fox already has an edge on the Pirates. Look for it to grow as the Cardinals are favorites and have been winning.

Wassymac

Trust me I'm glad Suppan pitched well today...I didn't play the game. If I tried the Cards tomorrow it would be for them to win. A good chunk of the regulars will probably be playing...Pujols rarely takes a day off, Rolen had today off, Molina had today off. LaRussa moved Mulder up in the rotation because of his success against the Pirates (.187 BAA in 44 innings). Duke probably has some value here but honestly I still would have rather played the Pirates at a better price today against a struggling pitcher than tomorrow against Mulder who has owned them.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 04-26-06 at 01:37 AM.

Wassymac

Wanted to add I was probably incorrect about Rolen. He has bronchitus and has been ordered to stay clear of the team. Unlikely he will be back today.