Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

Dh mlb - 4/3

Picks for April 3, 2011

Detroit Tigers @New York Yankees (1:05 ET)
    Two young pitchers on the mound today, and despite their spring numbers, it is clear at the end of last year one was trending up and the other was flat lining. Phil Hughes is a great pitcher, but if he doesn't get the run support we've seen the past few days, I'm thinking we'll see more of what we saw in the 2nd half of 2010 season form him. I'm using Scherzer's last spring start to nab some value on a guy who could be in the running for Cy Young this year if he pulls it all together.
    Pick: [967] Detroit Tigers +148 (BetJamiaca)
    Risk 1 unit to win 1.48 units

Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies (3:10 PM ET)
    As with all my totals, this is a situational play. Winds are blowing in from center at 20-25 mph and Huston Street won't take the mound to close the game again tonight. (This is a good thing.) Chacin has some nasty stuff that can keep the D-backs guessing, and Tulo and Cargo have been non-factors for the Rockies so far. I see 6-7 runs at most, but then again this is Coors Field.
    Pick: [964] Total Runs Under 9½ -105 (Bookmaker)
    Risk 1.05 units to win 1 unit

Seattle Mariners @ Oakland Athletics (4:05 PM ET)
    To think the Mariners could sweep anybody on the road this year blows my mind, let alone a division opponent. Gio should be able to keep this lefty-dominant lineup in check long enough for Fister to throw a few grapefruits and get the A's on the board early. If that happens, I expect to see the Mariners leave the table early with a 3-game set against Texas looming large tomorrow. With a good bullpen, the A's likely won't blow any teams out this year, but I'd be surprised if this game is close.
    Pick: [980] Oakland Athletics -1½ +135 (Bookmaker)
    Risk 1 unit to win 1.35 units

To see past plays visit www.twowhiteelephants.com
    Last edited by Diamond Hustler; 04-03-11 at 12:33 PM. Reason: updated start time on rockies game

Diamond Hustler
    Diamond Hustler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 340

I hate being on the road and having to go to Starbucks to get internet.

Stinks my favorite pick gets snowed out, but 2-0 is a step in the right direction.