slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

SlimPickins Baseball 11

Thought I would start a thread to keep my Baseball picks all in one place.
    I hope I can keep up with a thread and record keeping but some night games and weekends I often don't post in the forum, hopefully I can do a better job by having my own thread to track.

Had an amazing year last year in Baseball ; started off poorly though so I am going to take it easy in the first month or maybe 2 to gauge what is going on.
    Last year I lost money in April and May but then was even in June and absolutely made a killing in July and August. Sept and OCt was a rollercoaster of ups and downs and finished even in those months but had big swings.
    This season I plan on going small once Sept 1st and the callups come becuase that seemed to change everything or play only dogs after that point as they really did well in Sept.

Betting style: I like to follow the trends, ride hot teams, hot pitchers, etc..
    Fade cold teams, cold pitchers, etc...
    I often will play an over if the over hit the day before in the same series or the 2 games before in a series.
    Hot bats tend to stay hot and same thing with unders when the bats go cold.

I vary my units depending on how much I like a bet and do my best to not ever chase.

Baseball is the one sport I am very knowledgeable about. Beside being a huge fan I have played competitive Fantasy baseball for more than 10 years. I play fantasy for good amounts of money and have done quite well.
    Most of my knowledge is in the AL so I tend to bet on those games more but there are a handful of teams in the NL I like to bet on as well

Started off yesterday with 1 play:
    Angels/KC under 8.5 ; just thought it was a great value in that Weaver would dominate and Hochevar I thought could keep the Angels in KC from having a big inning. All worked out, Angels bullpen looks wose than I thought and almost blew it, which reminds me to stay away from really high unit bets in baseball where anything can happen.
    I did post this pick on another thread but was not my thread ; anyway season off to a good 1-0 start, plus 4 units.

For today I like:
    CWS ml 2 units
    BOS ml 1 unit
    BOS rl .5 unit
    SEA/OAK under 6.5 2 units
    Also playing FLA ml for 2 units
    (I don't like laying this much chaulk but Sonny from the Dugout thread is big on this one so I am going to tail) The Mets are likely a good fade and when healthy J. Johnson is as good as anyone.

I often will play the RL for half or the same amount as I would win on the ML
    if the RedSox win by 1 run and I only win .5 unit I will be happy and of course if they win by 2 or more I win 1.70 units or so.
    Units are always bet X to win above unit if on favorite and bet unit amount to win X on dogs.

I liked yesterdays play better than anything onj the board today.

Good luck all on a successful year!

slimpickins
    slimpickins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cws and fla win but
    bos and my sea under loses

I will update units after the weekend
    I like the twins for the price today with liriano on the mound
    red sox and mets seem like good values today as dogs
    cws also looks like a good value but going to take it slow in April
    only play today
    min ml 2units

good luck