Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by clamchowder View Post
    Jimbo, how much is 1 unit to you?
    2% of my BR homie...

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey jimbo ! nice to see you having a thread here! BOL on your season!

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by noles79 View Post
    thanks jbt for the info yeah i got a small bankroll. i did do a 3 team chi ws/yanks/bluejays $25 on it. but i will bet like that was looking around for the units and you told me so thanks again still learning the lingo. bol to everyone
    Be careful with Parlay the payout is good but the risk is often not worth it. For instance today the yankees didn't win so even if your other two do you dont get paid. Very few people are successful betting parlays.

JBT
    Square as a triangle
    JBT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31048

Quote Originally Posted by noles79 View Post
    thanks jbt for the info yeah i got a small bankroll. i did do a 3 team chi ws/yanks/bluejays $25 on it. but i will bet like that was looking around for the units and you told me so thanks again still learning the lingo. bol to everyone
    Just so you know, 1 unit is usually considered 1% of your bankroll, Jimbo, likely based on the experience with his own plays, decided to set it at 2%. $25 parlays with small bankrolls will likely send you to the poor house rather fast. You can get away with it a few times, but sooner than later the luck will turn and you will start loosing more than you can afford. If you like to play parlays every now and then (I do), play them at up to 2% of your bankroll and you should be fine for some time. Unless your bankroll is $1500 or more, you have no business placing a $25 parlay... And generally speaking, no bet should be for more than 5% of your roll (1-5%, depending on the strength of the bet). Of course there are exceptions to this "rule", but with every day bets, this is a good rule to follow. Look up "money management", it is very important and should be foundation for you to build your bankroll on.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Jimbo sets his unit at 2% because he doesn't bet a lot of other stuff. He's done with NBA and is completely focused on baseball, so his roll is not spread out amongst several sports.

Let's make some money!

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Jimbo sets his unit at 2% because he doesn't bet a lot of other stuff. He's done with NBA and is completely focused on baseball, so his roll is not spread out amongst several sports.

Let's make some money!
    you're so funny. last year you were talking for others like this, and here you are doing it again.

lets hope jimbo and you are still friends next year.

oh, and 1 unit = $100. thats pretty standard stuff. if someone bets $50 on a game, it should read .5 units.

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

yeah i got hit with that parlay. i dont do it all the time. just thought i mite get lucky lol. time to bet that wont hurt my bankroll currently got about 250 now in sai and 95 in bookmaker. time to slowly try and grow them. let's make sum money thanks guys for the guidance

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    you're so funny. last year you were talking for others like this, and here you are doing it again.

lets hope jimbo and you are still friends next year.

oh, and 1 unit = $100. thats pretty standard stuff. if someone bets $50 on a game, it should read .5 units.
    Roag is VERY trustworthy... It is very difficult in business or otherwise to find someone that you trust completely...but it is ESSENTIAL...which makes it golden when you do...

Now, Dex you have my respect because you have been here day in and day out...alot to be said for that...

NOW....LET'S ALL RELAX!!! or this will inevitably get ugly... I can feel it..

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo42 View Post
    Roag is VERY trustworthy... It is very difficult in business or otherwise to find someone that you trust completely...but it is ESSENTIAL...which makes it golden when you do...

Now, Dex you have my respect because you have been here day in and day out...alot to be said for that...

NOW....LET'S ALL RELAX!!! or this will inevitably get ugly... I can feel it..
    i've always liked you Jimbo. i dont like the way Roag talks FOR people one day, and then blasts them the next.

Jimbo42

Rob is a great guy bro..

Tex is a great guy too...

Actually I like CK as well...lol

But Rob is my boy...so be nice..or I will have to enter the fray!!

I knew this was going to happen at some point....lol

Hopefully we got this out of our system...

Jimbo42

Grrrr... Not too much damage...but that SD game was annoying...

Moving on..long way to go..don't trip

btw, Huff is awful in left field..

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Grrrr... Not too much damage...but that SD game was annoying...

Moving on..long way to go..don't trip

btw, Huff is awful in left field..
    You mean right field, cuz Burrell is in left. But yeah he's fukkn shit up out there in right . I'll be here along with you this season on the rollercoaster of MLB betting. Hopefully things turn in our favor soon.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Tex is a great guy too...
    he's not talking about me, in case anyone's having a hard time getting to sleep trying to figure this out.

but i am a pretty fukking great guy, though, regardless...

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

the one million dollars thing was pretty funny, btw.

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    You mean right field, cuz Burrell is in left. But yeah he's fukkn shit up out there in right . I'll be here along with you this season on the rollercoaster of MLB betting. Hopefully things turn in our favor soon.
    Yeah right field...derrr... He's got me so aggravated... I can't see straight. LOL

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    he's not talking about me, in case anyone's having a hard time getting to sleep trying to figure this out.

but i am a pretty fukking great guy, though, regardless...
    Tex is a.k.a. SexyMit in this case...

And yes, you ARE a swell guy!

Jimbo42

On Sunday 1-3 (-2.14 units)...

For Monday:

I may be holding off for one more day or two ....still a bit early for my predictor models...

I am in no rush here...

BigMama
    BigMama's Avatar Become A Pro!

great day for all

VicVega91
    VicVega91's Avatar Become A Pro!

best of luck today with your plays !!

JBT
    Square as a triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Please... So If my bankroll is $500, 1 unit should still be $100? Come on now...

Units aren't universally set and are dependent on the size of your bankroll. Likewise, somebody with a bankroll of $150.000 most likely won't be talking about $100 unit size...

Metalspined
    Metalspined's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

A unit can be whatever you want based on the size of your bankroll. Units are just a way for all to relate to the play without thinking about the size of their bets. Let's say I use 250$ as my unit size, and you use 100$...yes...there is a difference in money earned/lost, but we would still BOTH be down 2.14 units if we played Jimbos Sunday.

Although I feel that talking about units are more for the benefit of others, than a real measurement of success...Especially if you use % of your bankroll as your unit size. You can show a positive unit count at the end of a season, and still be down money...

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspined View Post
    A unit can be whatever you want based on the size of your bankroll. Units are just a way for all to relate to the play without thinking about the size of their bets. Let's say I use 250$ as my unit size, and you use 100$...yes...there is a difference in money earned/lost, but we would still BOTH be down 2.14 units if we played Jimbos Sunday.

Although I feel that talking about units are more for the benefit of others, than a real measurement of success...Especially if you use % of your bankroll as your unit size. You can show a positive unit count at the end of a season, and still be down money...
    You are exactly right bro if you are talking about Kelly or any kind of moneymangement which involves RE-CALCULATING your unit size after each win or loss.
    I dont do it that way however.
    I take my bankroll and use a % for my unit size. I then use that SAME SIZE unit win or lose until I am up 25units. At that point, i re-calculate my unit and keep that as the new standard unit size.
    For example :
    Beginning Bankroll: $1000
    1% of bankroll unit size: $10.00 per unit
    When I am up 25 units ($250)... time to re-calculate..
    New Bankroll :$1250
    New 1% unit : $12.50..
    This allows me to continuously increase my unit size while keeping it in GENERAL proportion to my bankroll.

I hope this helps to explain my method.

Metalspined
    Metalspined's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

You are exactly right bro if you are talking about Kelly or any kind of moneymangement which involves RE-CALCULATING your unit size after each win or loss. I dont do it that way however. I take my bankroll and use a % for my unit size. I then use that SAME SIZE unit win or lose until I am up 25units. At that point, i re-calculate my unit and keep that as the new standard unit size. For example : Beginning Bankroll: $1000 1% of bankroll unit size: $10.00 per unit When I am up 25 units ($250)... time to re-calculate.. New Bankroll :$1250 New 1% unit : $12.50.. This allows me to continuously increase my unit size while keeping it in GENERAL proportion to my bankroll. I hope this helps to explain my method.
    That is a variation of what I use, and it works quite well. But the post above was not in any way meant to criticize the way you conduct your thread ...it was a general observation of the use of units as a way to measure success

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Please... So If my bankroll is $500, 1 unit should still be $100? Come on now...

Units aren't universally set and are dependent on the size of your bankroll. Likewise, somebody with a bankroll of $150.000 most likely won't be talking about $100 unit size...

Exactly!

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by Metalspined View Post
    That is a variation of what I use, and it works quite well. But the post above was not in any way meant to criticize the way you conduct your thread ...it was a general observation of the use of units as a way to measure success
    I know bro! You were explaining and teaching...I love it! That is always welcome here! Thanks!

Jimbo42

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post

Exactly!
    BIG DOG IN THE HOUSE!!

JBT
    Square as a triangle

pimike
    TWINS +150
    Gulp...
    you better be wrong about that

clamchowder
    clamchowder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

What's on this menu today Jimbo?

RoagBettor

Jimbo said "I will serve no wine before it's time!"

daneault23

No plays today Jimbo?

Jimbo42

No plays today fellas... Need a bit more data...

I have absolutely no money rolling on anything..

I shut down shop on my NBA season the final week of March every season, as my systems and models fizzle as we enter April.

I order my payout for basketball at that time...so only my baseball Bankroll is available to me at this time and with no mlb plays...I'm just sitting and waiting...

But I am patient..

I cap plays early AM so if I have plays, I have them up early...so you can check early...

daneault23

Cool bro, thanks for the reply.

Jimbo42

Wednesday April 6

New York Mets (+130) 1.00 unit to win 1.30 units

Los Angeles Angels (-102) 1.02 units to win 1.00 unit

GL

RoagBettor

Wednesday April 6

New York Mets (+130) 1.00 unit to win 1.30 units

Los Angeles Angels (-102) 1.02 units to win 1.00 unit

GL
    Plays, we have plays!

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope la hit not mets though. i am on phily.

First 12345 ... Last