ZGatorGuy
    ZGatorGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gator's 2011 MLB Picks

I have always been a great Fantasy baseball player winning over 50 various titles over the past 5 years. I play on Yahoo, ESPN, and CBSsportsline. This year I have moved my focuses into the gambling world and I will be testing the waters on making various baseball picks throught the year.

Throughout the year I will post various leans, that will be clearly stated; and my picks will always be in BOLD with the multiplier by it. I repeat, I will have several leans a day, but the one or two picks I have a day will be in BOLD with the multiplier of (1x-5x) next to it.

If you choose to follow this thread, keep in mind that this is my first thread, but I am very knowledgable about baseball and baseball statistics. I do not have a system to my madness, but I will optimally be shooting for around a 60% winning percentage. Also, I will keep my record up-to-date every week.

Best of luck throughout the 2011 season!

ZGatorGuy

Brewers ML -105 (2x) LOCKED

The Reds were first dubbed the "opening of openers" back when Opening Day was about Politicians such as William Taft publicly "showing their stuff" to the fans. However, with this the Reds must have been given a curse. There opening day record is pitiful, 61-67-1 dating back to 1882. When Opening day is on March 31st, the Reds are 0-3. In the past 10 years they are 3-7 on opening day and in 2006 gave up the most runs ever on opening day in Reds history to the Cubs (L - 16-7).

With the past aside, I would look at this game to be a great pitching battle. Voloquez came on strong at the end of the year last year, however was rather terrible in the 1H of the season. Gallardo, on the other hand is expected to have a great season this year.

stef57
    stef57's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck for ur topic !!!

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Both pitchers have had control problems, but I think Gallardo is better now and for the future. Really like the brewers in general this year, with the addition of Marcum and greinke, and Fielder being in a contract year. Get it

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZGatorGuy View Post
    Brewers ML -105 (2x) LOCKED

The Reds were first dubbed the "opening of openers" back when Opening Day was about Politicians such as William Taft publicly "showing their stuff" to the fans. However, with this the Reds must have been given a curse. There opening day record is pitiful, 61-67-1 dating back to 1882. When Opening day is on March 31st, the Reds are 0-3. In the past 10 years they are 3-7 on opening day and in 2006 gave up the most runs ever on opening day in Reds history to the Cubs (L - 16-7).

With the past aside, I would look at this game to be a great pitching battle. Voloquez came on strong at the end of the year last year, however was rather terrible in the 1H of the season. Gallardo, on the other hand is expected to have a great season this year.
    Meaningless, meaningless, meaningless, meaningless.

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    Meaningless, meaningless, meaningless, meaningless.
    Like I said, this is my first thread, I don't have the best write ups in the world. They're still stats and that's what I'm going off of, decide to follow if you like.

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Both pitchers have had control problems, but I think Gallardo is better now and for the future. Really like the brewers in general this year, with the addition of Marcum and greinke, and Fielder being in a contract year. Get it

Ya, I've grown up a Cardinals fan, but I think the Brewers are going to be good this year. Greinke is on the DL starting off the year however, could be a start of an injury prone year. Brew crew are going to have one of the best bullpens this year too. Fielder is hitting the ball better, and seems to be hot in spring training (yes, I know it's just spring training but you have to start somewhere right?). The reds could also be promising with a very young young team with a lot of talent. Don't be surprised to hear Votto's name in the 3Crown race at the end of the year too.

ZGatorGuy

So many possibilities!!! I can't wait for tomorrow

ZGatorGuy

Brew crew put up 3 runs in the 1st. Seasons off to a good start

ZGatorGuy

Wow....well with the brewers bullpen choking in the 9th, I have started the season off 0-1 (-2.0 units). Looking at the games for tomorrow.

ZGatorGuy

Leaning towards rockies with ubaldo jiminez pitching at home....more info to come

ZGatorGuy

ok got 2 picks for you today to try and get us back in the green (~4u:2u):

Cubs -172 (2x) (2u:1.1u)
    Over the last three years the pirates have gone 6-43 as a road underdog of +150 to +175. Correia also ended last year on a terrible drought losing his last 3 games giving up at least 6 ER in each game and didn't make it out of the 4th inning once. Dempster on the other hand is taking up the big role of being the Cubbies "ace" this year. Dempster hasn't faired too well against the Pirates he has lost his last 3 starts (2 of the losses against P. Malholm). I think this game will be decided by whoever doesn't suck more.

Rockies -195 (2x) (~2u:1u)

Same as before, the diamondbacks are 4-21 as a road underdog of +175 to +200 over the last 3 years. Ubaldo looks like he could be preparing for a cy young type year. As a sinkerball pitcher in the non-pitcher friendly stadium, Jiminez is going to need to keep the ball low and make batters chase, leaving anything up in the zone or if he has any control issues, could see his ERA inflate. The rockies have been great at home over the past three years winning 104 games, while only losing 62. I can see the rockies winning this game 7 or 8 to 0.

ZGatorGuy

rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....0-3 (-6u) well this year is off to a good start

ZGatorGuy

Marlins -139 (1x) (1: .7)

Florida is 63-37 against left handed pitchers over the last 3 years. With Neise doesn't have the best stuff in the world, however if the mets bats get going, this thing could be over quick with a new look marlins team that doesn't have that much "pop" in their line up. I believe that this game will be low scoring (maybe 4-2) with Nolasco going at least 7 strong innings.

ZGatorGuy

0-4 (-7u) not a great start

illfuuptn

Bro you suck. Now you'll NEVER be +units this year.

ZGatorGuy

Haha, good one man (NOT, just go kill urself )

illfuuptn

Why would I kill myself? I'm not 0-4 picking huge favorites every time.

ZGatorGuy

Yankees -175 (1.1 to win 6.6)

Can possibly see yankees going 0-4 to start season, and they're playing at home tonight and they're on espn tonight. Gonna step up in the spotlight, ARod 2HRs?

illfuuptn

First of all, what is 1.1 to win 6.6? How the fuk does that work for a -175 favorite? Second, the yankees are 2-1 not 0-3(good job). Third, being "in the spotlight" does nothing to affect player performance. You're a fish. You can give me your standard bitch retort OR you can actually take a look at your handicapping methods objectively and realize you are bad. It's a fork in the road man. You can lose the rest of the season or you can be honest with yourself and get better.

ZGatorGuy

at this point i am doing this for myself and for fun (and yes, with real money), so choose to follow or not that is up to you.

ZGatorGuy

With the yankees win at .6 units (not 6.6). I am now a spectacular 1-4 on the year with a net loss of 6.6u.

ZGatorGuy

Redsox -155 (2.0 to win 1.3)

ZGatorGuy

(1-5) -8.6 units

Guess this isn't turning out as well as I'd hoped.

ZGatorGuy

Dodgers (even) (1 to win 1)
    Last edited by ZGatorGuy; 04-06-11 at 12:56 AM.

ZGatorGuy

No worries though, I will just call my thread this years' Red Sox

ZGatorGuy

1-6 (-9.6u)

ZGatorGuy

Brewers -114 (1 to win .88)

San Francisco -144 (1 to win .69)

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

nice pair of winners yesterday hope u get back in the black gator, gl the rest of the way

ZGatorGuy

3-6 (-8.03u)

Thank Checker, off to a rough start this year, but hopefully it will come around.

ZGatorGuy

Rockies -124 (3 to win 2.4)

ZGatorGuy

OK so, the Rockies are -124 against the Pirates (Chacin vs. McDonald). In Chacin's first start this season, he pitched a gem (7IP, 5h, 0ER, 2:1 SO/W ratio). He is a good, young pitcher in this league now in his 2nd year. If he can keep his cool and locate his pitches like he did in his first win this season, this game will be over by the 5th inning. On the other side of thigs McDonald only went 4.2 innings in his first game of this season, allowing 2ER and had as many walks as K's (4:4). The Pirate's bats have also seemed to cool from their "explosive" start this season. Prediction......Tulo hits another HR, Chacin goes 7 with 7 K's and the Rockies win 7-2.

ZGatorGuy

4-6 (-5.62u) 3 wins in a row

ZGatorGuy

Taking the day off, more picks tomorrow

ZGatorGuy

Chicago WS -122 (1.5 to win 1.23)

Boston -175 (2.5 to win 1.43)
    Last edited by ZGatorGuy; 04-12-11 at 11:16 AM.

12 Last