ZGatorGuy
    ZGatorGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big game for boston with Lester on the mound, if he can pitch as well as he did in his first start they should be fine. No way the rays put up 16 runs tonight . Only forseeable problem could be Boston's bats, if they can't hit David Price this could be a very risky play

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

hope you continue to get it turned around gator

since you said you are new to the gambling end of it I will note that betting big units on big favorites can dig a big hole in a hurry when they fail to cash

I personally like playing the -1rl when I like a big favorite. It does add the potential for a push, but it also takes away a lot of the risk with the lower odds

BOL

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    hope you continue to get it turned around gator since you said you are new to the gambling end of it I will note that betting big units on big favorites can dig a big hole in a hurry when they fail to cash I personally like playing the -1rl when I like a big favorite. It does add the potential for a push, but it also takes away a lot of the risk with the lower odds BOL
    All of the games RL is always 1 1/2, do you buy a 1/2 point to make it 1?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by ZGatorGuy View Post

All of the games RL is always 1 1/2, do you buy a 1/2 point to make it 1?
    you stagger your stakes so that your RL stake = your ML to win. so, for example, if you want to take Giants -1 tonight at 5D (-172 ML, +135 RL), you lay 172 to win 100 on the ML and 100 to win 135 on the RL. your overall play is 272 to win 235 on SF -1 (about -116). if the Giants win by 1, you win your ML play and offset your losing RL play. i do this a lot with home faves, given that you essentially lose the bottom of the ninth for covering your RL bet (unless there's a multi-run HR).

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Yeah, what Biff said

I am attaching a spreadsheet that will do it for you

Just enter your odds in column B for the side that you want. IOW, if you want the favorite you enter the ml odds in B3 and the -1.5 odds in B5. You enter the money you want to win in cell C12. That is it. You can enter the other odds if you wish (dog in this example), but it is not needed.

Attached Files

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    Yeah, what Biff said I am attaching a spreadsheet that will do it for you Just enter your odds in column B for the side that you want. IOW, if you want the favorite you enter the ml odds in B3 and the -1.5 odds in B5. You enter the money you want to win in cell C12. That is it. You can enter the other odds if you wish (dog in this example), but it is not needed.
    Awesome, thanks for the help. I might play around with that on my own before I post any of those plays

ZGatorGuy

5-7 (-6.89 units)

raiderfootball46
    raiderfootball46's Avatar Become A Pro!

You riding twins ?

ZGatorGuy

OK, got 2 plays today, I'm going to try playing the O/U. Nothing too risky today, just trying a couple of different plays; so it's your decision to play or not. So here are my takes for today:

Pittsburg +100 (1.0 to win 1.0)
    Toronto/Seatle OVER 7 (total) -110 (1.0 to win 0.9)

ZGatorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfootball46 View Post
    You riding twins ?
    Actually I have a small play on the side with the twins in the -1rl thing that balls2walls and Biff were talking about. I think the twins should win easily, something like 9-5 or 8-3

ZGatorGuy

WOW sorry about that, MAJOR internet difficulty there. Back to the races...

ZGatorGuy

6-8 (-6.99units) But Hey! Look at how Boston has turned it around Now it's my turn

ZGatorGuy

Okay, picks for tomorrow are as followed......might be crazy to some, but for my threads pride we need to get back in the + category

Yankees -200 (5.0 to win 2.5)
    Nats +110 (2.0 to win 2.2)

ZGatorGuy

One more....

Texas/Toronto U 9.5 (1.0 to win 0.9)

First 12