Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 4/23

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

randy johnson is pitching for the yankees at home. the yankees are 8-0 in day games. the streak ends sunday. i lean baltimore.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm not confident that the soft tossing lefty (Chen) is going to be the one to end it. He did have a couple productive starts (against NYY) in his first two outings of last year (including a CG) but the rest were pretty rocky (coughed up 9 HRs in 25 IN, Yankees batted .286 against him).

Johnson on the other hand pitched pretty well against the Orioles...
    4 starts
    3-0, 27 in, 2.33 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .222 BAA

Other than Johnson struggling his last time out and the fact that a .500 ball club is -240 over a team higher than them in the standings...I can't find a reason to take the Orioles here although I wouldn't mind seeing the Yanks go down.

Good luck with the play if you play it.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 04-23-06 at 10:50 AM.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

HOMER/FADE Alert: I like the Cards quite a bit today so fade away and cash with the Cubbies. Maddux won't have his 40mph blowing HRs back into the ballpark this time around. He does tend to pitch well vs the Cards but without Lee and a slumping Aramis...the Cubs don't have much to support him with. Some probably look at +127 as being a value bet on Maddux, but Maddux's prices has risen quite a bit and I see only laying -135 on Marquis @ Home as having a good bit of value. (

Good luck to both sides

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Yanks will most likely be rained out it has been and still is pooring in NY

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was wondering what the weather report was up there bud.

thanks for the heads up

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Man, what a horrible day. Wish I had gone straight to bed, lol.