HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Carlos Silva set to be released by Cubs

This guy was Cubs only consistent pitcher @ the start of the 2010 season. 10-6, w/80 SO's. He was INJ in the latter of the season, and seems his contributions have been overlooked by the Cubs new coaching staff.

He was traded by the Mariners, who acquired Milton Bradley in the swap. During the months leading up to the All-Star break, Cubs looked to have gotten the better of that trade. Milton Bradley was having his annual mental-meltdown, and Carlos Silva was winning games.

I feel the Cubs are making a mistake, and the Cardinals should be watering @ the mouth. Cardinals need some help in their rotation, as Wainwright is out for good. Silva can be a solid contributor as long as he is in the NL. With the Mariners he was a trainwreck, and I think it was due to the rigors of the AL.

Thoughts?

goblue1988
    goblue1988's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silvas not going to have an impact on the Cubs playoff fortunes either way, so might as well have Cashner as the no.5 starter instead of Silva.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This guy was Cubs only consistent pitcher @ the start of the 2010 season. 10-6, w/80 SO's. He was INJ in the latter of the season, and seems his contributions have been overlooked by the Cubs new coaching staff. He was traded by the Mariners, who acquired Milton Bradley in the swap. During the months leading up to the All-Star break, Cubs looked to have gotten the better of that trade. Milton Bradley was having his annual mental-meltdown, and Carlos Silva was winning games. I feel the Cubs are making a mistake, and the Cardinals should be watering @ the mouth. Cardinals need some help in their rotation, as Wainwright is out for good. Silva can be a solid contributor as long as he is in the NL. With the Mariners he was a trainwreck, and I think it was due to the rigors of the AL. Thoughts?
    thats what i was thinkin when i read this, dave duncan is going to work this guy to 14-17 game winner, will be the cardinals next jeff weaver/lohse/penny type of project.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

I love the idea of the cards getting him

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Carlos Silva was the only money maker for backers of the Cubs.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    thats what i was thinkin when i read this, dave duncan is going to work this guy to 14-17 game winner, will be the cardinals next jeff weaver/lohse/penny type of project.