johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Why do baseball streaks stop at 10??

Now, I've been hearing for a long time that baseball win and lose streaks stop at 10. Few weeks ago I bet against Cinci Reds who were on a 10 game win streak. I bet the Pirates against them and the Pirates actually won breaking Cincy's 10 game win streak. Another time some team had a 10 game losing streak and I bet them to win and they actually won snapping their 10 game losing streak.

Now today, I want to bet Toronto ml and -1.5 runline with Holladay on the mound but I just saw that Toronto is on a 10 game win streak so I'm pulling back and not betting on this game. Damn, I want to pull the trigger on this game so bad but that 10 game win streak scares me. Is this 10 game streak thing for real or is it just baseball fairy tale. I will skip this game and just sit back and watch the outcome to see if this streak is correct..

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7524

i don't have the past #'s of teams on a 10 game streak compared to other streak #'s, but i would say that at a 10 streak is the same as a 9 or 11 streak. basically the team is extremely hot or cold at any streak of that size.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats possibly the stupidest thread ive ever seen
    there is no evidence of this, other than jonnys two streaks he noticed
    jays win today

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19416

Thats okay, Johnny. That's a freakish stat. Every once in a while, I get a freakish stat, but I got to look at the game. So, look at the game.
    Halladay and BJ's on a 10 game streak.
    Why are the Whte Sox gonna win, Buehrle?
    Quentin's out .
    Toronto is on fire, and look like they love baseball, again.
    If the Reds can hold on to the upset, I'll take my winnings from that and go Blue Jay run line.
    Halladay can make this 11 in a row, and we might be looking at last years' Rockies.
    Halladay 5-0 last 5 starts.
    Buerhle was good on Friday, but shelled, the previous game in Fenway.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymapalo View Post
    Now, I've been hearing for a long time that baseball win and lose streaks stop at 10. Few weeks ago I bet against Cinci Reds who were on a 10 game win streak. I bet the Pirates against them and the Pirates actually won breaking Cincy's 10 game win streak. Another time some team had a 10 game losing streak and I bet them to win and they actually won snapping their 10 game losing streak.

Now today, I want to bet Toronto ml and -1.5 runline with Holladay on the mound but I just saw that Toronto is on a 10 game win streak so I'm pulling back and not betting on this game. Damn, I want to pull the trigger on this game so bad but that 10 game win streak scares me. Is this 10 game streak thing for real or is it just baseball fairy tale. I will skip this game and just sit back and watch the outcome to see if this streak is correct..
    When were the Reds on a 10 game winning streak? The Reds might not have had a 5 game winning streak this year. Just curious is all

johnnymapalo

God Dammitt, I was correct. Good thing I never bet this game because I was gonna put alot of loot on this game.... this 10 game streak thing is for real..

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

they didnt lose bc it was a 10 game streak though
    they lost bc they lost

johnnymapalo

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    they didnt lose bc it was a 10 game streak though
    they lost bc they lost
    Say what you want but I've been noticing lately that baseball win/lose streaks stop at 10. I was gonna play the Jays heavy but remembered about this streak and decided to pull back and see what happens. I was correct. Freakish but the streak was correct...

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymapalo View Post
    Say what you want but I've been noticing lately that baseball win/lose streaks stop at 10. I was gonna play the Jays heavy but remembered about this streak and decided to pull back and see what happens. I was correct. Freakish but the streak was correct...
    Funny how that works huh? The stros should run into trouble soon if it is correct lol. One thing though, the Reds were never on a 10 game win streak this year. They havent even won 5 in a row?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Dodgers streak stopped at 8. Agreed, coincidence with your other bets. Good on you though...but you should have loaded up on the White Sox if you were so sure about this trend.