imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Last edited by imgv94; 04-21-06 at 03:36 AM.

imgv94

Another thing

Bullpens have been screwing me all year. I have lost tons of games
    where the team I had lost the lead in the 7th or 8th inning.

Bullpens must be the bread and butter of Baseball.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94

Bullpens must be the bread and butter of Baseball.
    by george i think you've got it IMG

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    you can depending on the juice...but baseball is really it. In fact, I am 41-45 for the year and still on the positive side (barely though). I suspect I could hit 43-45% of my games I could still churn a profit but it's not easy.
    Of the three big sports (football, basketball and baseball) The books make the least off of bases. I wonder if any book will give you a truthful answer. I can't wait to see the response.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Squares do lose during baseball, but any semi-sharp cleans house every year. Since most squares only bet football/basketball it's my opinion that books lose during baseball since only your hardcore gamblers bet it.
    I hope you are not including me in this group. Cause
    I am far from square.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am far from square.
    No, not at all im.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

I am far from square.
    Of course you're not.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    Of course you're not.
    Thanks taco. I appreciate it!!

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good discussion on betting baseball.

Just on blind luck in any sport you should be able to go 50/50 over time. In baseball you avoid large favorites (over -150). Mix in small to medium size dogs every day (big dogs win too). Do not OVER value starting pitching! Most starters don't last half the game! You do have to go multi unit from time to time so you better win the majority of those plays. It is a long season so don't wear yourself out crunching numbers all day long. Ride teams that are playing well and fade teams that are not. I don't like totals due since there is probably a dog somewhere that has just as good a chance at winning as the total play and the payoff is better. Playing and winning with dogs is what makes baseball work.

The rest involves managing your bank roll. If I have a winning day the next day my unit is larger. If I lose day the unit gets smaller. When you do that you maximize your win streaks and minimize your losing streaks. No such thing as a BIG game, GOY, or Lock of the Year. If you put 50% of your bankroll or worse one it's just a matter of time before you step on a land mine.

That's baseball according to me but as you can see it's real simple and that's how you need to keep in since baseball is a very long season. You also gotta love the game and be interested as a fan otherwise I don't see how a guy can keep up.
    Last edited by Alamorich; 04-21-06 at 10:15 AM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Of the three big sports (football, basketball and baseball) The books make the least off of bases. I wonder if any book will give you a truthful answer. I can't wait to see the response.

of the three i sent emails too....only pinnacle responded stating they wished not to respond to the question. Betjm and 5dimes have yet to email me back. Oh well....i guess i'll think what i want and you think what you want but perhaps we are asking the wrong questionn....maybe the question should be what percentage of people who bet bases win and the answer is very few.

Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read somewhere that the books make the least in baseball but that might be because there is more of a concentration of sharp players than there are in the other more popular betting sports. I know the books LOVE football, especially the NFL. What does that tell ya.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    I read somewhere that the books make the least in baseball but that might be because there is more of a concentration of sharp players than there are in the other more popular betting sports. I know the books LOVE football, especially the NFL. What does that tell ya.

I read somewhere that it's the opposite...how do you think books fared this past season in the NFL Alamorich...what does that tell ya?

imgv94

I have heard from knowledgable people that books lose $ from baseball.

I know one thing for sure. Books are way up so far this year..

First ... 4567