Our NHL expert shares some compelling moneyline team betting trends around the league. The situations included are extensive and assuredly will help you to make more successful NHL picks. All statistics are reflective of games played through Feb. 12.
Teams with Profitable Betting Situations
- The Carolina Hurricanes are 15-3 during their previous 18 home games.
- The Buffalo Sabres are 5-0 this season in NHL betting following a home loss by 3 goals or more.
- The Washington Capitals have won 12 straight home games, and their previous 10 home wins have come by 2 goals or more.
- The New York Islanders are 21-5 in non-conference home games during the past 2 seasons.
- The Chicago Blackhawks are 8-1 in their last 9 road games, and that includes winning 5 straight on enemy ice.
- The New Jersey Devils have gone 8-1 in their previous 9 away games.
- The Minnesota Wild are a sizzling hot 25-6 in their last 31 games. The Wild have also gone a perfect 7-0 in its last 7 following a loss. Furthermore, Minnesota is a terrific 14-2 during their previous 16 away games.
- The Boston Bruins are 3-0 since firing former head coach Claude Julien, and replacing him with Bruce Cassidy.
- The St. Louis Blues are 5-1 since firing former head coach Ken Hitchcock, and replacing him with Mike Yeo.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets are 16-4 this season in home games when NHL betting odds displays a total of 5.5.
Teams To Fade & When
- The Carolina Hurricanes are a dismal 7-22 this season on the road.
- The Dallas Stars are 3-16 during this 2016-2017 NHL regular season campaign when playing their 3rd game in 4 days. Additionally, Dallas is a pathetic 0-9 this season on NHL odds following a home win by 2 goals or more.
- The Colorado Avalanche have dropped 8 straight away games.
- The Buffalo Sabres are 6-20 at home during the past 2 seasons after winning their previous game.
- The Winnipeg Jets have lost 5 consecutive home games.
- The New Jersey Devils are 1-8 in their last 9 home games.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs are 2-10 this season following a game in which there was a combined 4 goals or less being scored.
- The Detroit Red Wings have lost 8 straight on the road.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets are 1-7 in their last 8 games following a win.
- The Montreal Canadiens are 4-9 during their previous 13 home games. The Canadiens have also gone a dismal 0-7 in their last 7 games following a win.
- The Washington Capitals have scored 5 goals or more in 11 straight home games.
- The Edmonton Oilers have scored a combined 5 goals during it previous 5 games. They've also been held to 1 goal or less in each of their last 4 outings.
- The Winnipeg Jets have allowed 3 goals or more in 19 of their last 21 games.
- The Montreal Canadiens have scored 5 goals or more on 13 separate occasions this season. However, they went 3-10 in their next game after accomplishing that feat.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have scored 1 goal or less in 5 of its previous 6 games.
- The lowly Arizona Coyotes have scored 3 goals or more in 8 of their last 9 games