pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Epic Muguruza meltdown

Up 4-0 in 3rd set, has a match point at 5-2, proceeds to lose 5 straight games. Won a single point in her last 2 service games

Unreal

Hangoverblack
    Hangoverblack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6735

Had $1500 on Mug. Painful doesn't cover it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I got lucky, had quite a bit on Plis who started playing less agressive in the 2nd set after getting up a break. I had her to win 2nd set so gave back some. Plis was still kinda giving up after being broken in the 3rd but what spurred her on is the lines person kept calling her balls out that were in after she challenged, she was getting kinda mad then and became more focused. Needed some help from Muggy though lol, she crashed that match point into the net being a foot away. Women will give you a heart attack, I watch matches like this every day pretty pathetic.

picopico101
    picopico101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

I heard that she has respiratory disease.

Hangoverblack

I missed the entire third set working. I'm glad I did, or CNN would be covering a mass homicide/ suicide.

(To NSA: it's a joke assholes)

Hangoverblack

Have been gambling for years, certainly used to the WTA bad beat. Won a few I shouldn't have as well. But do you all notice that Mondays tends to be good for chalk? In tennis I suppose it makes sense since you are early in tournaments. But I'm talking all sports. NBA, NFL, RLM is totally worthless Mondays. I wonder if lines makers throw the pubes a bone to get their confidence up early in the betting cycle. Personally I lose on Mondays at a serious clip.

Maybe I'll start a Monday Fade thread

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Berdych was big chalk today and also lost. I had him and Nishikori in a parlay. Loaded up llive on Berdych's opponent early 3rd set when I saw he was winning total points 54% - 46%. He got up 4-1 then gave back the lead before finally winning. I hate backing a 101 player against the top 10 bc the lower ranked guys seem to choke.

Berdych has lost 3 straight matches to lower ranked players for the first time since 2012. I didn't know he had lost the prior 2 or I wouldn't bet him. These tennis players get on bad streaks and there's no telling how badly they can continue playing.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5674

She has fallen!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

told you long time ago she is trash.

i cashed my ticket today

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post
    Have been gambling for years, certainly used to the WTA bad beat. Won a few I shouldn't have as well. But do you all notice that Mondays tends to be good for chalk? In tennis I suppose it makes sense since you are early in tournaments. But I'm talking all sports. NBA, NFL, RLM is totally worthless Mondays. I wonder if lines makers throw the pubes a bone to get their confidence up early in the betting cycle. Personally I lose on Mondays at a serious clip.

Never gave it any consideration, Ill keep that in mind.

pattymayo

I never get to watch these early matches, what exactly happens to complete melt down like that? She wasn't even winning points on her serve at the end there and Pliskova was holding basically to love each time. These meltdowns fascinate me but I never watch to see how their attitude or motivation changes when things go bad. DId anyone watch?

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Hangoverblack View Post

Funny you mention that, I'm not sure I've noticed it's better for chalk but for whatever reason Mondays tend to be my worst day across all sports.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    I never get to watch these early matches, what exactly happens to complete melt down like that? She wasn't even winning points on her serve at the end there and Pliskova was holding basically to love each time. These meltdowns fascinate me but I never watch to see how their attitude or motivation changes when things go bad. DId anyone watch?
    I watch these matches alot. Different for different players and who they are playing. Today to me it appeared that after Plis got up 3-1 in the 2nd set she was content with being up a break, she took her foot off the gas. Meanwhile on the other side Muggy being down and seeing a loss in sight went in "last stand" mode, she started to dial in more and got more focused and went up 5-3 from being down 3-1. I was steaming at Plis by now lol. Plis got back focused you can just see it in their play, more surety in her shots, a little less risk taking and she got the break back and held to tie at 5-5. But Muggy had that match point at the net and somehow dumped it into the bottom of the net and all downhill from there.

I made bet on Plis before the match but I got kinda iffy when they interviewed her coach and he was talking about the surface and how its kinda sticky to the feet as in itll slow you down, he then said we wont have that problem because we will serve and volley, Muggy is pretty good at the net from doubles so I thought thats a great strategy to beat Plis. Lol but she never did once serve and volley in this match and was hardly at the net.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Basishivili was worth a shot,

burtonrider726
    burtonrider726's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6656

Yeah berydych has been abysmal. So hard to follow all the previous matches cause of how many players there are

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

Muguruza is always a joke...
    When she is on fire, she can beat Serena. When she wants to choke, she can lose a match that she should win

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

She always chokes against weaker competition. A prime example of a mental midget.