Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5636

1) By "huge", I mean the underdog ML is at least +200.
    2) These are not listed as plays but a way of eliciting a discourse that could be potentially beneficial to the board in deciding either which dogs to back or which favorites to avoid.

Here are my suggestions based on either the vulnerability of the favorite or the unique strengths of the underdog or both:

ATP
    Nishioka +255 vs Anderson
    Schwartzman +725 vs Del Potro
    Dzhumhur +645 vs Tomic

WTA
    Townsend +290 vs Wozniacki
    Crawford +355 vs Bencic
    Zheng +250 vs Puig
    Allertova +215 vs Ivanovic
    Parmentier +305 vs Garcia
    Hibino +225 vs Mladenovic

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

schwartzman

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    schwartzman
    This chap wins games he has no business winning and doesn't even "try" when you expect him to win.

plankton43
    plankton43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

I like Schwartzman, and I don't like DelPo in best of 5 right now. Having said that, I really like DelPo's draw, and I think DelPo will be too much for him. I think DelPo will defeat Stevie Johnson in the 2nd, barely squeak by Fabio in the 3rd, and upset Querrey/Thiem in the 4th before losing to Kyrgios/Stan in the quarter-finals. Worst case scenario for DelPo would be a 2nd or 3rd round loss IMO. I like his chances against Schwartzman and Stevie better in the first two rounds than his chances against potentially Fabio and Querrey in the 3rd and 4th.

I could definitely see Nishioka upsetting Kevin Anderson in the 1st, but I am going with Anderson with a tight 4 or 5.

It wouldn't shock me for Tomic to lose (think he loses to Kyrgios in the 3rd), but I'd still be surprised and don't see it happening to Dzhumur on hard court in best of 5.

As for WTA, I could see close to half of those hitting, but I wouldn't know where to guess which ones. Of the ones you mentioned, I suppose I like Crawford and Parmentier the most. I personally really like Niculescu to upset Strycova.

Conqueror

Nice discourse. Let's keep it going.

Lightning
    Lightning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2229

Out of those, I really like Nishioka. Anderson is a really boom or bust type player, but at the same time, the odds are about what I would've expected them to be. If anything, the value is really on Anderson.

Out of the ones you suggested on the womens side, Parmentier has a really fast paced game that has the potential to catch a few players off guard. Hibino as well is pretty solid.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Out of those, I really like Nishioka. Anderson is a really boom or bust type player, but at the same time, the odds are about what I would've expected them to be. If anything, the value is really on Anderson.

Out of the ones you suggested on the womens side, Parmentier has a really fast paced game that has the potential to catch a few players off guard. Hibino as well is pretty solid.
    Hibino is an all-or-nothing player. She could win in straights or get blown away. I'm hoping the promising Hibino shows up.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

Cant say much in ladies but men picks do not look promising apart from maybe Anderson but i just dont think Nishioka can sustain a winning tennis in best of 5.

Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz22 View Post
    Cant say much in ladies but men picks do not look promising apart from maybe Anderson but i just dont think Nishioka can sustain a winning tennis in best of 5.
    But don't forget Nishioka is younger and would have more stamina.