ProDane
    ProDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4526

Prodane - Week 34 picks

I have got a feeling, that this is going to be a good betting week for me. For that reason I have started this thread, and if things are going well I will update it with daily picks.

New Haven
    Sevastova - Gibbs

Gibbs is 25/8 on hard this year, beating the likes of Mladenovic, Keys and Shvedova. She played 3 qualifying matches for this tournament, and in total she played 31 games here so she should feel fresh, and at the same time she now has a feeling for the conditions here in New Haven. Furtheremore she has the home court advantage.

Sevastova is 12/9 on hard this year, beting literally the likes of no one of notice. 14 of her 21 matches has been qualifying matches, and she is not used to getting far in the WTA tourneys. She qualified through 3 matches her, all in 3 sets - and she has already played a total of 81 games, so she could feel a little tired

Pick - Gibbs at 1.75

Winston Salem
    Edmund - Ram

Mr. Ram comes here with great confidence after his mixed double silver with Venus from the Olympics. This year he is 11/7 on hard, beating the likes of Anderson, Dimitrov, Tomic and lately Gulbis and Pouille in Toronto. He has recieved a wildcard for this tournament, and that indicates that he is interested in progressing far in this tournament - and furthermore he has the homecourt advantage. Also, this week he only has the singles tourney to focus on, which is a incitament for giving it all here.

Edmund doesn't have much momentum with him for this match, his best wins on hard this year has been against Klizan, Stepanek and Vesely. He is 12/9 on hard this season. I really can't find any reason why Edmund has been favoured THAT much from the bookies in this match, in my eyes: he is just one of the nextgen guys, but in contrast to the other nextgen guys - edmund has close to nothing special about him. Neither has he a big serve, flat backhand, super topspin forhand, experience or anything. What is going on with these odds here

Pick - Ram at massive odds 2.40

Good luck to anyone who trails, and fingers crossed for this to be a great betting week in the US

ProDane

Bad start, 0-2

Gibbs got smoked, while Ram was dealing with and injury - and seemed to not care at all..

ProDane

Winston Salem

Fratangelo 1.58
    Carreno-Busta 1.58

ProDane

Frantangelo
    Carreno-Busta

2-2 this week, more picks to come tomorrow.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Much better, thanks for sharing!

How long have you been doing this? Is 1.6-1.7 a normal price for you to play or do you also bet underdogs regularly?

ProDane

I have been betting for like 5-6 years now, but I mainly do it for the fun of it.

Yes, the betting range you suggest is very normal for me, but if I feel like bookies are wrong I wont hesitate to take an underdog.
    Moreover, I almost always parlay my plays - today I parlayed Fratangelo and Busta with a Monaco victory at odds 6.xx for 1 unit = good day

ProDane

2 unit parlay for today

Opelka - 1.85
    J. Souza - 1.60
    Yen H-Lu - 1.48

Total - 4.38

ProDane

Boom- easy win from Souza, Opelka and Lu.

5-2

ProDane

US Open Qualification double:

Alejandro Gonzales 2.05
    Matthew Barton 1.52

Total odds 3.11 and betting 4 units

ProDane

Bad luck with Barton, and so typical that the pick with the lowest odds misses...

Now 6-3

Adding Carreno Busta at 1.72