cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Tennis Leans - 21st July

*Strictly for FUN*

I will post my lean on every ATP & WTA match on the tour today offered by my book and we will see how well we can do...

This is mostly to stir up some discussion on some pick you all might have and maybe we can come to a consensus together

ATP Gstaad~

Bellucci @1.40 - I see this being close but this is Thomaz' best surface so I will give the 4th seed the edge.

Youzhny @1.18 - Not a big fan of Mikhail but his opponent will need to be flawless to come out with a win here.

Zeballos @2.00 - Coming off a title in Bastad is a huge confidence boost even though his opponents were light. I really thought T de Bakker would see off Haase but I can see him falling to the raised man here.

Simon @1.24 - The 2nd seed and probably my favorite French player. Hes had a tough year and his best could quite possibly be behind him...I still like him here over a very hot Monteiro...if there is one value dog though it could be him today!

ATP Umag~

Carreno Busta @1.32 - Very close match but CB is a much better clay player...he trails the H2H 0-1 as well.

Elias @4.50 - This might be a stretch but the no1 seed Cuevas lost a final the other week and tournaments lost always weigh heavier in the legs. Having come away empty handed I think Elias has an opportunity to steal one.

Klizan @1.19 - Fellow countrymen meet for a spot in the quarters...Klizan has been tremendous and I think there is no stopping him right now...2-0 @1.60 might be worth a look.

Sousa @1.83 - This is probably a stinker...both annoying players with severe inconsistencies. If Joao can reclaim his form from Madrid and Nice I think he can come away in this coin flip...beware

ATP Kitsbuhel~

Pavlasek @1.6 - This guy must be well rested while Basilashvili squeezed in two challengers between Wimbledon and this event. I like his style of play especially on clay and hes beaten the better players so far.

Khachanov @2.10 - You dont see off the no2 seed in straight sets by accident. He is playing very well and must be over the moon right now bursting with confidence. I also hate Lajovic because he is a match fixer***

Lorenzi @2.00 - The Italian is a very experienced clay player...Tough match to call but I will back the higher seed defending points on his final tour years.

J Melzer @1.66 - I took him yesterday @+5.5 game spread...Thiem was given Nadal status by the bookies...BAD MISTAKE. He faces his younger brother here so that complicates things. I watched the match and his shots we very powerful and accurate...If he played 3 sets I could see him fading today but he should have enough left to show the boy what got him to the no8 world rank!

ATP Citi~ 8 Picks

Johnson @1.26 - Stevie is an excellent player having an excellent summer.

Ivo Karlovic @1.83 - The Doctor is in folks! Baker pushed the 2nd set to tiebreak but he could've been broken in two of the games. Tomic usually has his number but Ivo is riding Newport and I expect him to win a tough game...First set is key, Ivo may fold to rest some legs or Bernard may implode.

Isner @1.30 - This is home...and he is ramping up towards the US OPEN. Also 7-0 H2H, some might say hes due for a loss but not today.

Sock @1.28 - Another juiced line on an American favorite. If Evans beat the Dimitrov of 2014 I would turn my head but frankly he is a shadow. Sock played well and I like his game when his brain is functioning normally lol

Zverev @1.20 - What an exciting talent that has emerged this year! Alexander has enough power to hit with Jaziri and his control will cause problems...Hes young so we cannot quite expect him to perform like this every match but I will back him for another round.

Coric @2.45 - Another talent? Wasn't this kid supposed to be top 20 by now? He can create problems and the last thing Gael needs is another tricky player that can mix up his shots with a decent serve to boot...I love Monfils but his performance vs Lu was too good.

Sam Querrey @1.56 - He is more than capable of finding a way to win this match.

Paire @2.45 - Where will you get a 4th seed for that dog status...my instincts tell me the bookies have some vital information...and maybe its my fatigue from writing all these picks but Paire is ready to end the Muller summer jamz.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTA Stanford~

Bogdan @3.20 - Another stretch but I think she has the skillset to cause problems.

Cibulkova @1.12 - This would be devastating if she lost here.

Vickery @3.00 - Two young Americans who played not so long ago. 6-4 6-0 for the 17 yr old but I think Vickery responds after adjusting to this surface.

Vandeweghe @1.24 - Im in love with the Coco. Not much info on these last few pairs but I like her form.

WTA Bastad~

Beck @1.83 - Will be tough against an improved Sevastova but she will sneak this.

Larsson @1.44 - Home girl will prove too much for the qualifier.

Kerber @1.40 - World no2 getting some value after a shaky opener vs a determined Lister. Legs are always heavier after a finals loss but I think she will be reinvigorated to chase this one after a great recovery in sets 2 & 3

Goerges @1.50 - Both players not stellar but Mattek-Sands managed to beat Kiki. I think she returns to earth....fast.

WTA Citi~

Mladenovic @1.80 - Ever so slight lean to Kristina. Lisicki is a power player and could bully her into some break points but she isn't the same player from a year ago to do that comfortably. Very close call.

Puig @1.26 - I capped this game to back Davis but this will be the bookies wildcard. Missing info that they feel is relevant to represent this line...Lets see if they just baiting the gamblers...My heart wants to say Davis @3.30 though lol

Ozaki @2.10 - Dismantle Sloane and are a dog in the next round? I see value here.

Giorgi @1.36 - POWER POWER POWER. She held Genie which isn't saying much these days but she has it in her to get through another round.

And that wraps up the ~Daily ATP/WTA~

Ill record the score after and feel free to discuss these leans below...gl
    Last edited by cryptocap; 07-21-16 at 02:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

kidthrillz gave cryptocap 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Lightning
    Lightning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2229

Monstrous work mate. Agree with most of these. Re. Paire, he's $2.45 because he can produce absolutely shocking performances mixed in with moments of magic. He usually rises for the tougher clashes, though. Muller always looks like he's two seconds away from an unforced error every point.

I took Broady purely because I like how she plays. Beating Sloane is great, but beating her 6-1 6-2 means there is something else going on. Either she has an injury or her mind is elsewhere or is simply out of form. Either way, she wasn't playing a quality player. Other than that, you've nailed pretty much everything. I think Cuevas will win but that's pretty obvious. I also hope Berny gets through as an aussie

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

Lorenzi@2.00.. I am leaning more on Struff.. Struff record so far this year is 19-9 on clay including wins against Montanes, F Mayer, M zverev, Vesselin and looks more composed to me..

cryptocap

Struff is 3-5 in tour main draw though...A lot of these will be close as evidenced by Belluccis' implosion lol

cryptocap

A lot of implosions today...Many of the picks won the first set and lost their mojo...a few managed to claw back so interesting experience to a relatively shocking day to pick games...totals:

ATP Gstaad 1 for 4 - Bellucci implosion, Zeballos unlucky and as I hinted Monteiro is on pace to beat Simon unfortunately.

ATP Umag 3 for 4 - HUGE lean on Elias who outlasted the no1 seed and everything else pretty smooth until Klizan got back to his old ways.

ATP Kitzbuhel 1 for 4 - Pavlasek and J Melzer took the first sets and then completely packed it in, unlucky...Lorenzi managed to hold and was never going to pick Lajovic because I hate him.

ATP Citi 4 for 5 - Not including Zverev up a set...Paire and Querrey still coming up...Only Coric fell...Monfils could go far.

WTA Bastad 3 for 3 - Girls went perfect here, wont include Kerber because they didnt even play a point.

WTA Citi 2 for 3 - Mladenovic and Ozaki deservedly through while we wont count Giorgi who got through on a withdraw...Here is the bookie game! I said I had capped Davis to win but Puig was the heavy favorite. The lean worked out as it revealed the bookies were wrong as Davis won comfortably...

WTA Stanford 1 for 2 - Coco still to play and Vickery likely heading into a 3rd set in what looks like to be another 3 set comeback by a player losing the 1st set...

Overall wonky day but Im glad it was really close...Probably an awkward day to bet which is why I am glad I did this...Womens went very well and ATP Citi with ATP Umag...

It was fun.

cryptocap

15 for 25 which could improve with the matches still to play

5 games in progress which could get us 15-30 or 20-30...

66.666666666666r is the devils number in betting...always stay above this average and you are sure to be in the black