DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Anyone watching Ivanovic vs Chirico?

I literally can't tell them apart. They look so similar and they are wearing almost the same thing. I just turned it on and was so happy that the one on the bottom had break points but that was actually Chirico.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Ivanovic has been the best fade next to Lisicki over the last year in WTA.

DR225

Agreed, she's just about the most inconsistent player on the wta. Chirico definitely played well though.

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

F'd me...I live bet and should have hedge after the 1st set....Lost 3 units over this....Damn....

Miavia
    Just Bring it...
    Miavia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

me knowing nothing about tennis...saw that she was ranked 14...big mistake..

DR225

Tennis rankings are worthless man, never look at them again. My method is to see if a player is defending points (if they went to the final last year and they lose in the first round this year, the player loses points and unless they make up the points elsewhere, their ranking will drop). If their ranking drops, they will have to qualify for some events and they will face better competition at the start of the grand slams. And then I look at head to head. The most important thing is to find out if a player will be motivated, as there's way too many events and even top players will tank out of events as big favorites.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Quote Originally Posted by DR225 View Post
    They look so similar and they are wearing almost the same thing.
    I saw it..... Somebody has to find out how could the clothes plus the hair plus the hat could be almost identical

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    I saw it..... Somebody has to find out how could the clothes plus the hair plus the hat could be almost identical
    Both of them were sponsored by Adidas and maybe their tennis line doesn't have very many options? lol. It definitely was distracting and I doubt they wanted to wear the same outfit.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

I literally can't tell them apart. They look so similar and they are wearing almost the same thing. I just turned it on and was so happy that the one on the bottom had break points but that was actually Chirico.
    They should do like we did in high school - "shirts" and "skins".

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Tennis rankings are worthless man, never look at them again. My method is to see if a player is defending points (if they went to the final last year and they lose in the first round this year, the player loses points and unless they make up the points elsewhere, their ranking will drop). If their ranking drops, they will have to qualify for some events and they will face better competition at the start of the grand slams. And then I look at head to head. The most important thing is to find out if a player will be motivated, as there's way too many events and even top players will tank out of events as big favorites.
    Is there a site that gives you quick reference to this? You aren't the first person I have heard say this.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Almost pulled the trigger on Chirico

DR225

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    Is there a site that gives you quick reference to this? You aren't the first person I have heard say this.
    I use a pay site called tennisinsight but honestly, I only use it because I'm familiar with it, the site has gone downhill.

The free alternative is www.matchstat.com. It shows both head to head and if you click on the record before 2015 for example, you can see a players results for the entire past year.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Lisuckiiii
    Weeeee easy winner fading that dumpster