Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Let us not forget who quit the match before it was over last night citing "back pain" after being broken twice in the 3rd set. Pretty classless yourself there stan
    Krygios openly tanked in a couple of matches recently. He has no heart when it gets tough. Won't make it to being a top player imho.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Krygios openly tanked in a couple of matches recently. He has no heart when it gets tough. Won't make it to being a top player imho.
    he could have easily given up last night. the line judge fukked him out of the first set. guy called I think 4 balls out that were right on the line... one crucial one in the TB that made them replay the point on wawa's serve. He has the heart and the skill. once he matures he will be the top guy

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Guy is a big Celtics fan apparently. Probably thinks he can trash talk like KG or something

yeah this is something garnett would say (and he has said in the past)

KG is a scumbag too but in basketball it is part of the culture even if he goes over the line regularly (with vicious insults about anything you can think of).

In tennis, it's not.

yisman

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...s-need-grow-up

There would seem to be little wrong with Nick Kyrgios’s tennis lately. He looks fit and in form, and the gifted young Australian may do some damage in the final slam of the season in New York later this month. But there is a lot wrong with Nick Kyrgios. The kid needs help. The latest in the 20-year-old’s growing list of look-at-me moments – telling Stan Wawrinka in public that fellow player Thanasi Kokkinakis had slept with his girlfriend – was by some way Kyrgios’s worst. It has resulted in a fine, a grunted apology and, if the narrative plays out the way it has done at Wimbledon and elsewhere over the past year or so, there will be another incident up the road soon enough.

On a changeover during the second set of their match at the Rogers Cup in Montreal, Kyrgios told the world No5: “Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend, sorry to tell you that mate.” Wawrinka ignored the insult and withdrew in the third set with a back injury. They shook hands at the net but no amount of tennis etiquette could disguise Wawrinka’s anger.
    Asked immediately after the match in a courtside interview to explain his remarks, Kyrgios justified his jaw-dropper with smug indifference: “He was getting a bit lippy with me, kind of in the heat of the moment. I don’t know, I just said it.”
    Kyrgios knew what buttons he was pressing, though. Wawrinka earlier this year split with his wife, Ilham, and had been rumoured to be seeing the young Croatian player Donna Vekic – as had Kokkinakis.
    Talking to Swiss journalists in French later, Wawrinka responded with measured indignation, revealing he had confronted Kyrgios in the locker room but the Australian tried to avoid him. “It stays in the locker room,” is all Wawrinka would say of their exchange.
    He added: “It’s not the first time that he has big problems on court in terms of what he says and in terms of how he acts. I just hope the ATP will take big measures against him because he is young, maybe, but there’s no excuse. Every match he has problems. Every match he behaves very badly. On top of that, the problem is that he doesn’t just behave badly towards himself, he behaves badly towards the people around, the other players, the ball kids, the umpires. I really hope the ATP will take major action against him this time.”
    None of which seemed to impress the ATP – who made no mention of the incident on its website coverage of the match and then slammed a copyright ban on the footage – Kyrgios’s mother, Norlaila, who endorsed his actions before asking how she could delete her Twitter account, or his brother, Christos, who wondered if Wawrinka had assaulted Kyrgios, a cavalier suggestion coming from a lawyer.
    If he had, there is a fair chance ambulances would have been involved. Wawrinka is a hefty unit, and he had enough reason to lose his temper. He did well not to.
    “I think there are things, regardless of how you are, regardless of the stress you have on the court, there are things you just can’t say,” Wawrinka said later. “And, regardless of whether he sidesteps it, I think the way he behaves on court he has big problems.”
    The catalogue of incidents is getting too long for Kyrgios or his family to ignore. If they care about him as a son and brother, they will have a quiet word. He has used up pretty much all the goodwill set aside for him by well-meaning friends, hangers-on and sections of the Australian media. There are not many excuses left.
    If Kyrgios cares about his career – and sometimes he is so blase about his success, wealth and celebrity he professes to hate tennis – the hip young dude from Canberra who smirks when he should be smiling, who plainly is struggling with fame, needs to understand he is not the only clown in town. He is part of a travelling circus, certainly, but the laughter stopped a little while ago.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

When it gets tough? I mean maybe, I wouldn't classify him as a known tanker just because of a match or 2. I think his skill is light years ahead of the new up and comers, future #1 hands down if he doesn't turn into a Tomic and start partying like crazy. Kyrgios seems to get his jollies off on the court, so if he needs to slam a few rackets, cuss out a few ball boys or tell a player his friend banged their gf then so be it.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Vince McMahon needs to get these 2 on the Summer slam card

yisman

When it gets tough? I mean maybe, I wouldn't classify him as a known tanker just because of a match or 2. I think his skill is light years ahead of the new up and comers, future #1 hands down if he doesn't turn into a Tomic and start partying like crazy. Kyrgios seems to get his jollies off on the court, so if he needs to slam a few rackets, cuss out a few ball boys or tell a player his friend banged their gf then so be it.
    He tanked at Wimbledon.

RE: basketball

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_K...#Personal_life

He is of the Greek Orthodox faith[10][11] and always wears a gold necklace with a cross on it.[12] Kyrgios was a promising basketball player who had represented the Australian Capital Territory and Australia in his early teens before making the decision to focus solely on tennis when he was 14 years old.[13] Two years later he gained a full scholarship at the Australian Institute of Sport where he was able to further develop his tennis. In 2013, Kyrgios relocated his training base from Canberra to Melbourne Park in an attempt to further his career with better facilities and hitting partners.[14] A year later Tennis ACT announced a $27 million redevelopment of the Lyneham Tennis Centre in Canberra to lure Kyrgios back home and host Davis Cup and Fed Cup ties.[15] Kyrgios confirmed in January 2015 that he would be based out of Canberra and donated $10,000 towards the redevelopment.[16]
    Kyrgios is an avid fan of the Boston Celtics in the NBA[17] and Tottenham Hotspur in English football's Premier League.[18] His sports idol is NBA player Kevin Garnett.[19] His idols growing up were Roger Federer, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, LeBron James, and Michael Jordan.[20]

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

If Wawrinka talked any trash he shouldn't complain about taking some; IMO, there should be no rules regarding trash talk.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    He tanked at Wimbledon.

[/SUP]
    I know, I watched it. Whats your point? He let a few serves go by him vs Gasquet who ended up going to the Semis

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

And lets all be clear here....Kyrgios was down and out of that match already. Gasquet was playing like a man possessed, as his semi final appearance also shows.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Wood plow

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

"Kokkinokis is THIS big"

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Snowball

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

apparently she is impressed with large chocolate.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Alright Bear, shutup

yisman

I know, I watched it. Whats your point? He let a few serves go by him vs Gasquet who ended up going to the Semis
    My point is he has a track record. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If Wawrinka talked any trash he shouldn't complain about taking some; IMO, there should be no rules regarding trash talk.

Wawrinka doesn't talk trash.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a kid

lol no biggie

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Do he beat isner today?

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Do he beat isner today?
    Yes

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I really could care less what he said to Wawrinka but I do have a problem with him acting like a betch every single point he loses. I remember when he beat Federer this year I could not believe how he was acting. There's times where the ball is clearly way out and he sits there and cusses at the line judge. Tennis doesn't need him but I would definitely agree he would bring in more ratings if he keeps this up.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

I personally love it. Kid is fiery, and hilarious at times. Last night Stan would hit a brilliant winner and Kyrgios would jump up shouting "YEAHHHHH" like he actually won the point instead. Was hilarious, its all to get in the opponents head, nothing more.

As far as yelling at the line judges, he had good reason last night, they sucked. But he can chill out a bit on that in other tournaments/yelling at ball kids. Uncalled for

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Yes
    You running hot flip....scale of 1-10?

Only reason is my chart say isner with slight edge

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

My biggest plays today were Karlovic then Halep. Kyrgios 7/10 just because Isner can hang in there with serve, kyrgios will find opportunities though, and Isner could be fatigued after all the tennis he's been playing

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Heard they got a little physical in the locker room.

mehwokie
    mehwokie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Heard they got a little physical in the locker room.
    Yeah, I heard that about Thanasi and Donna too.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Absolutely, lacks heart for sure and gives up very easily.
    Kyrgios is great to watch and he will get tennis some more attention now, but as for his game, he's going to just be a better waste of talent version like Fognini is.
    Will most likely be banned from tennis eventually after multiple blowups and infractions.
    IT's sad because when hes focused and playing good, hes one of the funnest players to watch and can beat anyone except Joker.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Damn, Vekic must have a magical vag

mehwokie
    mehwokie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Absolutely, lacks heart for sure and gives up very easily.
    Kyrgios is great to watch and he will get tennis some more attention now, but as for his game, he's going to just be a better waste of talent version like Fognini is.
    Will most likely be banned from tennis eventually after multiple blowups and infractions.
    IT's sad because when hes focused and playing good, hes one of the funnest players to watch and can beat anyone except Joker.
    he's 20 years old and has enormous wealth and fame. difficult to manage if maturity isn't there. give the kid a break.. Maybe he will learn and grow

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

One of my GFs bangs a lot of folks...but at least she is working

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

First 1234 Last