SlaytheBook
    SlaytheBook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2575

Konjuh vs. Cornet

Cornet would rather frolic in a field with a puppy than play tennis on grass and it shows in recent performances. She has no confidence on this surface and will be making a predictable early exit at Wimbledon.

Konjuh is 17 and barely has grass on the field. She just won her first tournament on this surface and will carry strong form and momentum into a major. I expect a 2 set romp, but will play it safe with a -200 ml.

large-ish play for me.

nothing special with a hefty favorite but hope to see you at the window.

BOL

SlaytheBook

So far this match is a fat misread on my part... so I'll take a knock-down drag out 3 set battle. Possibility of a complete dud in the making.

Konjuh, do your homework kid! Brush your teeth.

GLTA

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Konjuh in high form and loves grass.. but she's a marginal ITF/WTA mix player
    just recently making her inroads... so no guarantee against a wily determined vet like
    the Frenchwoman who can have her moments of insane effort.

SlaytheBook

Note to self...fade this tool whenever he posts. He displayed an uncanny ability to buy high and sell low in the same play and took an absolute bath.

Not that anyone followed but sorry for wasting space in the forum with this 3rd grader analysis. I will come back with something stronger or nothing at all.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by SlaytheBook View Post
    Note to self...fade this tool whenever he posts. He displayed an uncanny ability to buy high and sell low in the same play and took an absolute bath.

Not that anyone followed but sorry for wasting space in the forum with this 3rd grader analysis. I will come back with something stronger or nothing at all.
    don't be so hard on yourself, WTA anything can and does happen all the time.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by SlaytheBook View Post
    So far this match is a fat misread on my part... so I'll take a knock-down drag out 3 set battle. Possibility of a complete dud in the making.

Konjuh, do your homework kid! Brush your teeth.

GLTA
    I don't know that I'd call it a mis-read, as I'd honestly imagine nobody (literally nobody) could have read this match much differently. The only thing in Cornet's favor is her last Wimbledon, potential fatigue for Konjuh (physical or mental) and random WTA-enhanced chance. I don't think your assessment of the match is at all unrealistic; it's only a mis-read to the extent that the circumstancial (actual) outcome is unlikely.

With that said, I don't know that I think it was a good bet.