FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

No Wonder Stan Wawrinka sucked this week!

Posted on his twitter/facebook today.

"Stan and Ilham Wawrinka have separated
    After living together for ten years Stan and Ilham Wawrinka have separated.
    "We have enjoyed ten fulfilling years, with all the ups and downs that every couple experiences, but sometimes life is more challenging than one would hope”, Stan Wawrinka explains.
    “Ilham and I were both blessed to create a family when our wonderful daughter Alexia was born in 2010. We have always tried to live our lives as a team and as a family, despite the challenges we have faced due to the demands of my career. To my great regret this isn’t possible anymore.”
    "Ilham will always be the mother of my daughter and a person that I have a lot of love and respect for. We will always remain as a family. Now my priority is to do everything to protect Alexia during these challenging times."
    “I hope that the fans and the media will understand that I’ve always been very protective of my private life and wish to continue to do so not giving any further information about the situation."
    Stan Wawrinka"

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Fade Stan for the immediate future?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Might have had about 5% to do with his performance. I don't really think that has much to do with him overall. They've had issues for years from what I recall. I think they separated at least one other time. And it's not like this was an overnight occurrence. Separations are usually a long time in the works.

I think for whatever reason, Stan just drops his level greatly post-Australian Open. Same as last year - the time in between the Aussie and Wimbledon, he had one or two good tournaments and a bunch of average to below average results. This year is about the same.

I don't think you fade him because of this. I think you fade him because you already were or the match-up dictates so.

For as much as you might think it's a distraction, tennis might be the one place he can focus and not give a shit about his real life for two to three hours a day.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 04-19-15 at 01:47 PM.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

As much as I've always had an impression, that very post of yours right there further reinforces my belief that you are quite significantly above the average intelligence of the American pig demographic.

On topic: My only thoughts on this as far as betting is concerned is that a lot of people might jump to conclusions much like in the fashion of the OP, which will make fading Wawrinka worse, if anything...

EaglesPhan36

I like how you can summarize what I want to say in far fewer words Professor. Concise.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I think it's fadeable. There were rumors before, he denied them, now it's official.
    10 years and a child. How could anyone like this comment:

Now my priority is to do everything to protect Alexia during these challenging times."

What garbage. Making his ex look bad, when she was the family woman.

I don't see him on the ducket for either tourney this week.
    Likely he won't return until he's ready, but it could take months
    before he's comfortable in the spotlight when in the final rounds...
    of course there is a difference between avoiding and actually fading.
    Last edited by Snowball; 04-19-15 at 05:40 PM.

EaglesPhan36

Don't think the announcement has anything to do with him not playing this week. Wawrinka hasn't played Barcelona since 2009. Just a normal scheduled off-week much like Djokovic and Federer.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Remembered ppl here say it wouldn't affect Koukalova and she could barely win a match after that.

Everyone reacts differently to different situations so hard for anyone to really know what will happen until we actually see Wawrinka play.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

This board is becoming like a tabloid paper. more and more everyday.

"....Practicing his shots in training...." was much more serious than this.

Hardcoar

By the way, I should add the following to clarify: The case, roughly as proposed in the OP, is not necessarily insignificant, but I appreciate the effect (of Wawrinka playing worse) to be far lesser than the effect (on the odds) of the market's reaction to this piece of news.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Stan is still a douche...

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Stan is a fukking HUGE douche. Always will be Fuk him, lol..

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Remembered ppl here say it wouldn't affect Koukalova and she could barely win a match after that.

Everyone reacts differently to different situations so hard for anyone to really know what will happen until we actually see Wawrinka play.
    Comparing the mentality of a woman to a man in this situation very different. Those WTA bitches are already fragile as hell, so in that case perhaps I might think about that - especially if they got cheated on or something. In this case though, very different as I believe Wawrinka has always been the "aggressor" in trying to dissolve this marriage. Remember Stan was the asshole who separated from this chick like a year after they got married to "save his tennis career" ... this was always a doomed relationship.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

lol you guys are clueless or have never been in a relationship or had a significant other. Probably correlates directly with your continuous log in time on SBR, but hey thats none of my business. Relationships have a huge effect on play good/bad, look at Tigers blow up/infidelities, never been the same. On the contrary, Rory Mcilroy destroyed golf after his clash with Wozniacki, while she was awful the months following. Sure everyone takes a break up differently, but I know from experience that it weighs heavy on your mind, etc. Tennis might not be this guys #1 priority at the moment, all im saying.

felix_felicus7
    felix_felicus7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4430

Regardless of all this, on a purely aesthetic level, I find Stan the most fantastic player to watch for the combination of big serving, heavy groundies off both sides & sound volleys. I was happy to see an attack-biased player win a grand slam like he did. In FULL flight he gives Novak the most trouble imo - those 2 aus open epics were among the highest quality in recent history. Many marriages battle on for the sake of children & a certain % just eventuallyy call it a day & move on.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    lol you guys are clueless or have never been in a relationship or had a significant other. Probably correlates directly with your continuous log in time on SBR, but hey thats none of my business. Relationships have a huge effect on play good/bad, look at Tigers blow up/infidelities, never been the same. On the contrary, Rory Mcilroy destroyed golf after his clash with Wozniacki, while she was awful the months following. Sure everyone takes a break up differently, but I know from experience that it weighs heavy on your mind, etc. Tennis might not be this guys #1 priority at the moment, all im saying.
    I think the thing you might be failing to see here though is that this isn't something he just started dealing with. His relationship with his wife has been garbage for five years. My own opinion, what he does good and bad on tour isn't effected a ton by this. Look at his last two season specifically and he has a pattern. He falls off after the Australian Open.

I'm sure he thinks about it, but the guy dumped his wife and kid right after the kid was born - I don't think the mother fukker has that much sadness in this situation.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

This is getting stupid now

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Dilettantes practicing dime-store psychology rarely amounts to a profitable angle when wagering upon professional athletes. No offense.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Guys trust me, I got a degree in psychology.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

That happen when you marry a muslim girl

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Is this the same one who's something like ten years his senior and who he left the family house to focus on his tennis career like 2-3 years ago and then had that performance against Djokovic in 2013 before reconciling with her? Was genuinely curious.
    He seemed to be only in the relationship because of the child anyway and I imagine he will continue to provide for the child. Maybe he made a genuine effort to make it work.
    Dont really care, it's his private life

beefcake
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Is this the same one who's something like ten years his senior and who he left the family house to focus on his tennis career like 2-3 years ago and then had that performance against Djokovic in 2013 before reconciling with her? Was genuinely curious.
    He seemed to be only in the relationship because of the child anyway and I imagine he will continue to provide for the child. Maybe he made a genuine effort to make it work.
    Dont really care, it's his private life
    Trust us Jeff...He is a world class A Hole..

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Just remember Stan is one of two people who stand a chance however small it may be to beat Djokovic on clay.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Trust us Jeff...He is a world class A Hole..
    I don't know where any of you guys are from but here in Australia Stan has developed a bit of a cult following after his breakthrough in 2013. 'Stan the man' 'The Stanimal' etc
    I imagine many don't know a whole lot about his situation but I did hear about the 'leaving her while she was pregnant part' which the Swiss media didn't seem to like a whole lot.
    Me personally...I was just happy he beat Nadal who had to feign an injury to make the win look lesser then it was despite the fact Stan was giving him an ass whooping for a set and a bit.

Snowball

Stan is shagging Donna Vekic, now 18, relationship started when she was 17.
    http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2015...stan-wawrinka/

Hardcoar

Wawrinka is not entitled to "... the Man". Who the f*ck authorized this blatant abuse!?!?!?!?

Snowball

guy leaves his wife and child to play doctor with a 17-year old.
    No wonder why Mirka Federer doesn't respect him.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

This is funny now

beefcake
    Update your status

The moral of this story is be a complete DICK..Then win grand slams..

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Well, he walks "The Walk" because of his inconsistent play, books will always reward us with nice odds.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That 18 year old seems pretty hot

Stan must love the young ones

He delivered