Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Kyrgios vs. Dimitrov and Garcia vs. Ivanovic

Kyrgios +185 is capable of beating anyone... He really has all the tools except discipline. I think this is kind of a breakout year for him, move up a little higher advancing a little further, winning matches like this one.

(Monday play)Garcia +230 is solid, but its more about how Ana is playing... also, Garcia did just beat her 6-1 6-4 a week ago.

any opinions....or thoughts?
    Points Awarded:

picopico101 gave Timmah2483 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

waste1
    just donking around
    waste1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

kyrgios is a troll. i dont see him winning against a solid dimitrov. i agree thwt he might fire up a little bit but wont be enough for dimitrov.

i also think, that the odds are set perfect in this match up.

in regards to wta, is there anyone who has a winning record? betting wta is lightning money on fire

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Dimitrov is value here at -210. I feel firm that he wins today. He got his bad match
    behind him (although Harrison is really upticking) and is in a relaxed but confident
    form after the Madison Square ex. over Fed.
    Kyrgios is a spook who is challenged by anyone of upper talent who pushes him
    into the errors that always seem to come sooner or later. He has a lot to work on
    and Grigor can do everything he can do just as well.. and more consistently.
    Concerning Garcia, I thought about her also, however I don't see enough weakness
    in Ivanovic right now, who's going to choke ? probably Garcia.

davidg123
    davidg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

I feel Nick will win a set, do you all agree?

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by davidg123 View Post
    I feel Nick will win a set, do you all agree?
    no, i can't agree with that.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Quote Originally Posted by waste1 View Post
    in regards to wta, is there anyone who has a winning record? betting wta is lightning money on fire
    It really does depend on the individual.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I've attached my record this week. It was a pretty cruisy week, and it was primarily WTA.

Every single women's match I bet on won 2-0 in sets.

Some say it's unpredictable, but the matches in my winning legs were:

6-4 6-2
    6-4 6-2

^^ Odds of 2.99 & 2.29

6-1 6-3
    6-1 6-1
    6-4 7-6
    6-1 6-1
    6-3 6-1

What would the average tennis punter say to me if I told them I'd be betting almost entirely on WTA for the week.. with plenty of short priced favourites? I'm pretty sure they'd think I was foolish. But as you can see, they all came through ridiculously easily. I genuinely didn't have to stress in the slightest they were that smooth.

There were plenty of other matches I could have been tempted to place, but at the end of the day it's all about the match-up. You just need to know what to look for.

Betting on women's tennis is definitely "different". But it doesn't have to be stressful and difficult.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kyrgios could be worth a pop. Not the fastest surface where he will have the best shot to win, but Dimitrov has been in less than stellar form - so no one could blame you for trying. Steering clear myself because I'd rather have another match to gauge Kyrgios' form. The match against Kudla didn't yield too much info on how he can do in these conditions as Kudla is pretty average in all categories.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Garcia will get REKT. Kyrgios has a fair chance but the odds are correct IMO.

Timmah2483

All good info, but Im not sure why the people who say Ivanovic wins, would say its not even close.. a week ago they played and Garcia won 2-0. Only had one match since to really judge performance, and Ivanovic had a far more weak opponent. Ivanovic has been awful in 2015. I dont know what anyone could have seen yet to think she wont crumble again

Hardcoar

Ivanovic was shit, whereas she was good in her 1:st round here and should (theoretically) like the surface. Garcia had a standout performance in Mexico, which she is unlikely to have again (disregarding the surface change, which only makes it even more unlikely).

Timmah2483

Good in her first round, against #107 ranked... She is still has 8 wins in 2015.. but they are mostly against 100+ranked. Its the 4 losses already that is worrisome. Not beating any true competition yet in 2015 I just dont know how u can say Ivanovic is looking solid yet. She hasnt beaten a top 30 opponent yet, I believe she is 0-3 against top 30.

I understand I could be wrong, and Ivanovic could be back on track, but she hasnt given us a reason not to doubt yet, imo.

Hardcoar

You don't get it. I'm not saying I know she will win, I'm saying there is absolutely no value in Garcia odds in this spot.

For your bet to win, the following is necessary:

– Garcia to have another stand-out performance
    – Ivanovic to have another whoreshit performance despite looking good in her round prior
    – Garcia dealing with a court that clearly favors Ivanovic more than Monterrey (theoretically)

On top of that, the odds on Garcia are only 55% of what they were in Mexico. That means your bet has to be almost twice as good to hold the same value (negative or positive) as Garcia in Mexico.

Keep in mind I'm only trying to help you (for free, even!); there is no way in the world that Garcia at these odds is a good bet. She might win, but by no means is she more likely to than the odds reflect.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-15-15 at 01:49 PM.

Timmah2483

Im not into it for Value... Im in it for a Win. If I get the win at +230 or +100 if My units go up, im good.

Thanks for ur opinion, but I dont really do moral victories in Betting. One pays, one doesnt. Any value with a win, is a win.

Hardcoar

You don't f*cking get it: If there is no value you will lose money on average. Thereby, you are per definition in it for value. It has nothing to do with moral victories.

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Live In-Play Tennis Money Line
    BNP Paribas Open - Live In Play wagering during every commercial break - Internet Only
    winner must win 2 sets for action
    Sun 3/15 177 Nick Kyrgios -390
    3:45PM 178 Grigor Dimitrov +320

Best/only value I saw on this match was live right after Kyrgios rolled his ankle.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Unfortunate for kyrgios. I lucked out with dimitrov

Timmah2483

Kyrgios was in posotion to win when he rolled it... shame we couldnt see an clean finish, but smart to grab Dimitrov there

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

No kidding. Hence the odds. But given that he won the game in the process of injuring himself +320 was absurd.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

He definitely still had me nervous. He never threw in the towel

Snowball

he's still a big baby and poor sportsman.

Timmah2483

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    he's still a big baby and poor sportsman.
    LOL. not the only poor sport in tennis... as for big baby.. I cant agree with that at all. mostly because he didnt stop play and played thru... He is immature and 19, but baby i.e. whiny, I dont think so.

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    You don't get it. I'm not saying I know she will win, I'm saying there is absolutely no value in Garcia odds in this spot.

For your bet to win, the following is necessary:

– Garcia to have another stand-out performance
    – Ivanovic to have another whoreshit performance despite looking good in her round prior
    – Garcia dealing with a court that clearly favors Ivanovic more than Monterrey (theoretically)

On top of that, the odds on Garcia are only 55% of what they were in Mexico. That means your bet has to be almost twice as good to hold the same value (negative or positive) as Garcia in Mexico.

Keep in mind I'm only trying to help you (for free, even!); there is no way in the world that Garcia at these odds is a good bet. She might win, but by no means is she more likely to than the odds reflect.
    Garcia is playing like shit.

And still up 4-2 in the first set.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Garcia to beat Ana twice in a week?

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Garcia to beat Ana twice in a week?
    Garcia should really be up a break at the very least. Had 0-40 on Ana's serve in the first game this set.

Then just then she had 15-40 on Ana's serve and had a easy forehand passing shot but didn't get her footwork right.

Could have easily been 6-2 *4-1 here.

We'll see if those missed opportunities cost her soon. Usually it does in WTA.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Koko big balls. Gonna be a slam champion one day.

JC1186

I hope those on Garcia laid off when she was serving for the match.

This one has Ana written all over it now imo.

Hardcoar

Garcia looks hurt. Keeps feeling her ankle, back or back-thigh.

Timmah2483

You don't f*cking get it: If there is no value you will lose money on average. Thereby, you are per definition in it for value. It has nothing to do with moral victories.
    U dont f*cking get it.. I dont do it often.. Ur talking about statistically if I do it everytime... Im talking about once... with +230...and it paid.. both would have won if Kyrgios doesnt roll his ankle before serving for the match. and dont "for free even!" me.. I should be the one "charging" u apparently lol. its a thread about betting tennis. Im not looking for free betting tips, im looking to talk tennis.

thanks for ur input but dont "for free even!" me! I wasnt looking for help... I said "opinions or thoughts?" jackass move. just talk tennis, dont be the "pay for my services" asshole...

great win tho. Ana is shook and should be faded till proven top 5... Its Valuable

Hardcoar

Yes, it happened to pay. Congrat's on the win. I still think it was a terrible bet. That Garcia happened to win doesn't change this.

You are looking for free betting tips. It wasn't a jackass move; I never implied said you should pay for my services.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 03-17-15 at 12:16 PM.

Timmah2483

I'm only trying to help you (for free, even!)
    That is implying I should be grateful its free, i.e. paying is the alternative.

I already made those bets before I posted this... I just wanted to hear opinions about my bets when I made them. nothing more.. I wasn't looking for betting tips. just opinions of other bettors.. Ive been betting for 15 years, I don't need "help" but I do like to talk about it with fellow bettors. I dont know if you guys are used to people needing someone to follow, but that's not this guy. I just want to talk bets. I dont have alot of friends that enjoy betting, and Im the only one in my circle that likes tennis... so I look to forums to talk about them.

Hardcoar

I agree entirely. That is not the equivalent of saying you should pay me, lol.