Betpoints: 1899

haase/mannarino +175
    donald +5.5 +119
    gulbis +133
    duckworth +244

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

What's up GS??! Wow man, I was a total sucker too today & took goofy dumb fuk retard Haase as well in a small parlay. Thank god I didn't do anything big on him. He is such a flake fing loser man. Bageled third set? Wow. What a pos. Lol...

Hope all is well man. I'll try to be back soon. Laters..

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

lmao fking dmoney. never fails to put a smile on my face

Joenaes
    Joenaes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

You are being missed man, whats up?!

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Joenaes View Post
    You are being missed man, whats up?!
    been busy with real life , had to take break ill be making some bets this week

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

the next time the urge to face those real-life concerns head on (you know...to the detriment of your gambling responsibilities) we trust you won't make the same mistake again...

glad you'll be firing up the old live-dog sniffing unit again, scout...single best thread around here for plus-sign loving degens

fellow variance-hating super-chickens might want to consider betting all the dogs in this thread TO WIN (not risk) 1 measly unit as I do...so the bigger the dog, the cheaper is the ticket...much lower drawdowns when the dogs slump as they must inevitably do...so not as euphoric (but just as profitable) when they rally (equally inevitably)...and make suffering thru the preceding slump all worthwhile

i find that "losing in fractions/winning in ones" is gentler on the roll and the blood pressure than
    "losing in ones/winning in multiples"...a pussy way to size your bets i suppose, but thot' i'd throw it out there for discussion since i haven't posted anything in a while to earn my betpoints...

whether to risk 1u as posted (or to win 1u as I suggest) on each play is not so important as that you pick one and stick with it consistently...i agree whole-heartedly with scout that flat-sizing + patience is the surest way to live long and prosper
    ________
    ok, done with the egghead stuff...start postin' some fukkin' winnazz for us, scout...or we'll withhold our subscription fees!
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-09-15 at 11:39 PM.
    Points Awarded:

girlscoutcookies gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

girlscoutcookies

ouahab +113
    klizan/almagro under 21.5 +100

fitguy67

pouille +338 (over Thiem on Monday at Monte Carlo) triggers my "spidey sense"...

just can't see Pouille having a less than 23% chance to win here in this first meeting of two impressive young players (Thiem obviously moreso at this point)

but i haven't fully factored in the potential "frenchiosity" of the situation, as Pouille hasn't struck me yet as being very high on the Monfils-Chardy "Walmart Tent" scale

also my tennis "spidey sense" on its very best day tends to be dreadfully unreliable
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-12-15 at 01:19 AM.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    pouille +338 (over Thiem on Monday at Monte Carlo) triggers my "spidey sense"...

just can't see Pouille having a less than 23% chance to win here in this first meeting of two impressive young players (Thiem obviously moreso at this point)

but i haven't fully factored in the potential "frenchiosity" of the situation, as Pouille hasn't struck me yet as being very high on the Monfils-Chardy "Walmart Tent" scale

also my tennis "spidey sense" on its very best day tends to be dreadfully unreliable
    I think Pouille is too reliant on his serve at the moment and has too many games where he has a lack of concentration or misses his 1st serve and gets broken. Thiem on the other hand has a game which I think makes him adaptable to all surfaces but clay would be his best surface as he likes to return far behind the baseline, which is something that will also nullify Pouille's serve especially on this slow surface.

I think Thiem wins here 3 out of 4 times so minimal value there. Pouille would need to serve well and then still need Thiem to have a bad day.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I agree. Those odds are about fair to me as well.

Had Theme-Park not been playing so ridiculously well in Miami (my mami) I would likely have shared your opinion, Fit.

Dmoneytx

, as Pouille hasn't struck me yet as being very high on the Monfils-Chardy "Walmart Tent" scale
    Lmfao!!!!! That was hilarious Fit

fitguy67

yeah, key word i was careful to include there is "yet"...

there's gotta be a gene that separates the Spaniards from the Frenchmen that makes the former much more reliable for betting on as similarly-priced favorites...

who'd you rather bet on as a -150...RBA or ERV?
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-12-15 at 05:12 PM.

girlscoutcookies

stakh +3.5 -107
    jerzy +160
    kukushkin +282

Dmoneytx

What up GS???!!! I got some Oregon stinky stanky smelly super good last night I hope you are doing well! Good luck on the plays man. Damn, I was gonna take Stak last night, but that guy just makes me mad looking at him, so I laid off. Good call there man. Gotta run, have a good day brother!

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Hey smoke up buddy!!

girlscoutcookies

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    What up GS???!!! I got some Oregon stinky stanky smelly super good last night I hope you are doing well! Good luck on the plays man. Damn, I was gonna take Stak last night, but that guy just makes me mad looking at him, so I laid off. Good call there man. Gotta run, have a good day brother!
    thanks bud. everything cool over here. gonna make money this week, i guarantee it lol
    heading to the dispensary myself today..very excited lol

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    ...gonna make money this week, i guarantee it lol
    gotta love a guarantee like that, especially when it's backed by that absolutely unconditional full (and instantaneous) refund of all subscription fees!

kohl at plus money over RBA tomorrow?

girlscoutcookies

ramos +1.5 sets +558
    chardy -1.5 sets +149
    klizan +1.5 -111
    vesely +213
    kuznetsov 1st set +253

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Like your picks for today (and this thread in general). Definitely going to tail you on this Kuznetsov 1st set play. It should be the smartest way to go in that match. Good luck!
    Points Awarded:

girlscoutcookies gave Honeybadger44 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

girlscoutcookies

nice call fitguy

girlscoutcookies

granollers +289
    granollers +1.5 sets +115
    agut -3 +114
    agut + feds 2-0 +154
    paire/simon under 21.5 -111
    Last edited by girlscoutcookies; 04-15-15 at 02:16 AM.

girlscoutcookies

dimitrov +184

Last edited by girlscoutcookies; 04-16-15 at 02:39 AM.

fitguy67

simon +484 worth a shot against ferrer imo

it's easy for me to take dumbass shots like this cuz my shots on big dogs are chicken-liver sized (based on "to win" rather than having to stake a whole unit)...

so for me, it's just 0.2066u to win 1u

thanks for the nice hit on dimi
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-16-15 at 05:30 AM.

girlscoutcookies

simon +484 worth a shot against ferrer imo

it's easy for me to take dumbass shots like this cuz my shots on big dogs are chicken-liver sized (based on "to win" rather than having to stake a whole unit)...

so for me, it's just 0.2066u to win 1u

thanks for the nice hit on dimi
    had simon against ferrer couple weeks ago. putting ice picks through my testes would have been more enjoyable.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    had simon against ferrer couple weeks ago. putting ice picks through my testes would have been more enjoyable.
    i'll add that one to my "witty painful-genitalia metaphors useful in a gambling context" file, along with EP's "i'd rather put my dick in a pencil sharpener" line (probably about betting on a Chardy-match)...

problem with dogs playing well enough to force a deciding set in tennis, i find, is exactly analogous to a dog in college hoops getting into overtime against a heavily-favored opponent...seems they're satisfied with the consolation "victory" of surprising most with a better than expected/creditable performance... and very often fold with little resistance at the business end of the contest

funny how these tennis dogs will fight like hell (full of pride-driven tenacity) to not get straight-setted...then, once that's done, seem to be quite ok with/almost welcoming of the loss (often of the bagelled/breadsticked variety)...

take-home lesson: next time I think "simon at plus-odds" instantly visualize "ice picks" and "pencil-sharpeners"...Anderson's exactly the same way, for example...these two guys (and many others) may be consistent can-crushers but always seem to fall short of turning any surprise good-showing into an actual "W"...the big odds on them are often enticing, but we gotta remember these guys will often tease but very seldom actually deliver...(now i understand why you use the +1.5sets bet so often)
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-16-15 at 05:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

girlscoutcookies gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

i'll add that one to my "witty painful-genitalia metaphors useful in a gambling context" file, along with EP's "i'd rather put my dick in a pencil sharpener" line (probably about betting on a Chardy-match)...

problem with dogs playing well enough to force a deciding set in tennis, i find, is exactly analogous to a dog in college hoops getting into overtime against a heavily-favored opponent...seems they're satisfied with the consolation "victory" of surprising most with a creditable performance... and very often fold with little resistance at the business end of the contest

funny how these tennis dogs will fight like hell to not get straight-setted...then, once that's done, seem to be quite ok with/almost welcoming of the loss (often of the bagelled/breadsticked variety)...

take-home lesson: next time I think "simon at plus-odds" instantly visualize "ice picks" and "pencil-sharpeners"
    I understand where your coming from, but Ferrer makes you work for everything. It eventually takes it's toll, especially against someone similiar in playing style. It took all of what Simon had to win that 2nd set breaker. He had little left physically for the 3rd set. It had little to do with accepting defeat. Guys like Nadal and Ferrer have been wearing/grinding players down for years now. That's how they make a living.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

fitguy67

ur right, it is what's known as "embracing the grind" in combat sports...long known that good skill + outstanding physical-stamina/mental-tenacity usually prevail over outstanding skill + good physical-stamina/mental-tenacity...

spanish players, in general, whatever their level of skill are seldom weak in this tenacity department...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-16-15 at 11:28 PM.

girlscoutcookies

you get the perfect storm of frustration watching & backing simon vs ferrer cuz of all the pushing back n forth.
    gilou gives a glimmer of hope too cuz he'll break ferrer a bunch of times, but he just refuses to hold serve. plus he's french. it's just very sad and not fun.

girlscoutcookies

raonic 1st set +140
    dimitrov/monfils under 23 -104
    cilic +1.5 sets +339

Dmoneytx

Nice to see you get the bailout on first set Raonic there GS!! Lol, that sucked bec I had $350 on Berdych ML, arg!!! Sucks giraffe couldn't struggle one more game and then quit, oh well.. At least I put 150 on Monfils ML, had to jump on +100 bec I thought he might actually be the small fav with that win against Fed yesterday. I just got up, wow Dimitrov must of shit the bed hard this morning huh??? Lol, oh well have a good day man, I'll hit ya up later..

fitguy67

nvm
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-17-15 at 06:06 PM.

girlscoutcookies

nice monfils hit d$.

another break even night, blah. not sure why i keep betting novak to lose a set.

Ralphalph
    Ralphalph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1423

Nice picks, girlscout... It was a wash for me today as well. I took Cilic +6 and Monfil +1.5 Anywho, tonight I think Djokovic loses. He's been playing marshmellows this whole tournament. He won't cover -3 against Nadal. I also like the bird tonight moneyline. Got any thoughts? GL!

First ... 9101112131415 ... Last