poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Weather and the Murray/Djoker match

Found this on another site:

"Brad Gilbert said he would pick the winner based on the roof being open or closed. Forecast calls for possible showers, but, more importantly, wind:

Day: 67 degrees 60% chance of rain, becoming windy in the afternnon. Winds ssw at 20-30mph.

Night: 59 degrees 10% chance of rain. Winds ssw 15-25 mph."

I think if it is open and windy Murray has a big edge. Love Murray in this match regardless. Great form, body language, hunger, etc...

He is basically the same player (in terms of talent, when properly motivated) as Djoker and you are getting him at +200. That is what I call value!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Similar player, but Djokovic does everything just a bit better. Updated forecast I saw does not look like rain will be an issue. I don't see any reason it won't be open based on what the weather says. Wind effects everyone IMO. It's a matter of who gets to serve with the wind in the "right" direction at critical times or responds to it better. I think that's more of an in-match adjustment that you will have to wait and see about.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I'm assuming that Gilbert thought that Djokovic would have an advantage indoors. I am not as miffed by Djokers performance against WaWa as others- Wawrinka plays like a bull & Djokovic seemed to try to just outlast him and hope for mistakes (hence the non-exsistent winners for the most part). Murray does not consistently put the thump in the ball so Djokovic will feel far more comfortable with what he can do versus Murray. Murray is obviously one of the best movers, but so is Djokovic. Murray would have to serve awesome for 3.5 hours for me to feel as confident in him compared to Djoker who has served great all tournament. Djoker finally got his first test last match and I think he will be ready for Murray.

barry cougar
    barry cougar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16200

Its raining here in melb. Looks like weather is here to stay

toga toga
    toga toga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8347

Wawa has always played joker tough. Think djoker wins but doubt it's easy.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Murray better in windy conditions.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roof is closed for Mixed Dubs Final

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Crap!

barry cougar