Jerimjob
    Jerimjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

3 plays for tonight

Bouchard +1.5 sets (-120)
    Makarova +1.5 sets (-120)
    Berdych +160

Bouchard and Makarova could both win straight up, but I'll take the safer road and hoping to have them win at least 1 set
    Berdych has played some great tennis in my opinion.
    This is not Nadal's best surface, and see Berdych pulling the small upset.

Even if 2 of 3 hit, profitable night.
    BOL to all

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Jerm, thers a reason why Berdych never beats Nadal.

Reasons:

- Berdych is a very average 1st serve returner. IF he gets anything on Nadals wide serve to Berdych's backhand, Berdych will leave it in the middle of the court for nadal to hammer. Tomic was very Passive vs Berdych, expect Nadal to be aggressive.

- Berdych's service games are very predictable.

- Berdych does not move well enough laterally to beat Nadal... However, he does stand a chance if he ends points after 3-4 shot rally's... He has too, or he's done.

- last point... Does Berdych believe he can beat Nadal... He's mentally weak. Nadal absolutely owns him. Until Berdych proves otherwise, I would hammer nadal

I think Makarova wins...

GL man

Jerimjob

Hey Matt, you bring up good points, but I think Berdych has a shot of beating Nadal tonight.
    Berdych hasn't lost a set yet, and is playing great tennis.
    Yes he's predictable, but nobody has done anything about it thus far. I understand Nadal is at a higher level than who Berdych has faced so far, but I'm really liking his form.
    He just played Tomic and had the crowd against him all match and looked pretty focus, so I'd like to think his mindset going into this match with Nadal is fine

Federer was 10-0 vs Seppi, and owned him up until this tourney.
    This tourney has been pretty unpredictable, so you never know what will happen.

I've been liking your picks and feedback on other threads, but going against you on Nadal haha
    BOL to you too

matt1216

Lol, no problem bro... Your right, Berdych has played well. I hope he wins tonight, he needs it. It's just a bad matchup IMO for him. Good luck man

AboutThatLife
    AboutThatLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Lol if Berdych beats Nadal tonight I'd be willing to send you $100 through paypal--Jerimjob

Matt is 1000% right - Wasn't Berdych supposed to beat Ferrer a short time ago yeah I forgot hes weaker than a child in the head

Jerimjob

I get Berdych isn't a popular pick, but the way this tournament is going, I have no problem taking Berdych at plus money.
    It'll be closer than most people think

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Jerm, thers a reason why Berdych never beats Nadal.

Reasons:

- Berdych is a very average 1st serve returner. IF he gets anything on Nadals wide serve to Berdych's backhand, Berdych will leave it in the middle of the court for nadal to hammer. Tomic was very Passive vs Berdych, expect Nadal to be aggressive.

- Berdych's service games are very predictable.

- Berdych does not move well enough laterally to beat Nadal... However, he does stand a chance if he ends points after 3-4 shot rally's... He has too, or he's done.

- last point... Does Berdych believe he can beat Nadal... He's mentally weak. Nadal absolutely owns him. Until Berdych proves otherwise, I would hammer nadal

I think Makarova wins...

GL man
    Agree Matt.

There is ONE MORE REASON why Rafa doesn"t like Berdych and he hasn"t lost against him since 2006(that special moment that will Rafa always remember) and i believe that Rafa will never ever lose against Birdshit again. Just look the video those of you who don"t know what i am talking about.

My bets for today are: 1.)Rafa + Halep + Bennetau/Vasselin
    2.)Rafa vs Birdshit Over 3.5 sets + Sharapova + Chan/Zheng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eog0TaQ1o3c

fcmb

Quote Originally Posted by Jerimjob View Post
    Hey Matt, you bring up good points, but I think Berdych has a shot of beating Nadal tonight.
    Berdych hasn't lost a set yet, and is playing great tennis.
    Yes he's predictable, but nobody has done anything about it thus far. I understand Nadal is at a higher level than who Berdych has faced so far, but I'm really liking his form.
    He just played Tomic and had the crowd against him all match and looked pretty focus, so I'd like to think his mindset going into this match with Nadal is fine

Federer was 10-0 vs Seppi, and owned him up until this tourney.
    This tourney has been pretty unpredictable, so you never know what will happen.

I've been liking your picks and feedback on other threads, but going against you on Nadal haha
    BOL to you too
    I agree what you"ve written but...

1.)Tomic was playing really bad that match, his serve wasn"t working well, he had low 1st serve % and his movement was really bad.. Abput support at that match.. support was 0 = zero(if you compare it to matches of Kyrgios or Bagdhatis vs Dimitrov)

2.)Roger vs Seppi.. Seppi has played match of his life so far, really brilliant while Roger was nowhere close to his level. Anyway he wasn"t far away from taking match into 5th set( he had 5:4 advantage and 2serves in Tie Break of 4th set but lost both points on own serve)..

Rafa is playing better and better. He has raised his level very much since match with Smyczek. He is very motivated after all injuries and he feels comfortable on the court what is obvious from his game play. Rafa feels that he has chance to win that GS and with current level of his game i dare to say he will be at least finalist there but that"s only my oppinion.

Anyway it should be tight match tonight vs Czech but Rafa should win it.

Jerimjob

Quote Originally Posted by fcmb View Post
    I agree what you"ve written but...

1.)Tomic was playing really bad that match, his serve wasn"t working well, he had low 1st serve % and his movement was really bad.. Abput support at that match.. support was 0 = zero(if you compare it to matches of Kyrgios or Bagdhatis vs Dimitrov)

2.)Roger vs Seppi.. Seppi has played match of his life so far, really brilliant while Roger was nowhere close to his level. Anyway he wasn"t far away from taking match into 5th set( he had 5:4 advantage and 2serves in Tie Break of 4th set but lost both points on own serve)..

Rafa is playing better and better. He has raised his level very much since match with Smyczek. He is very motivated after all injuries and he feels comfortable on the court what is obvious from his game play. Rafa feels that he has chance to win that GS and with current level of his game i dare to say he will be at least finalist there but that"s only my oppinion.

Anyway it should be tight match tonight vs Czech but Rafa should win it.
    All fair points, and I agree it should be a close match.
    Looks like I'm alone with Berdych lol
    Will be a fun match to watch

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Matt brought up some good points about Berdych-Nadal matchup. I would like to add one more. Playing conditions. I believe that Rafa will enjoy playing in the middle of the afternoon much more, then if they would play in the evening. Weather is much warmer, which means that tennis balls are slightly bigger, fluffier and bounce higher. They don't skid through the court, like in the bit colder conditions. That will help Nadal a lot and allow him to play his game.
    If I'd had to pick a winner, I'd give edge to Nadal. But, since I made my line somewhere between -2,5 and -3, there is no enough value for me ta back him at current odds. Think that books did a good job at setting up the line.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

you should feel better about your birdshit bet now. nobody saying he even has a chance?? just look at the price. it says it all.

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

Quote Originally Posted by fcmb View Post
    Agree Matt.

There is ONE MORE REASON why Rafa doesn"t like Berdych and he hasn"t lost against him since 2006(that special moment that will Rafa always remember) and i believe that Rafa will never ever lose against Birdshit again. Just look the video those of you who don"t know what i am talking about.

My bets for today are: 1.)Rafa + Halep + Bennetau/Vasselin
    2.)Rafa vs Birdshit Over 3.5 sets + Sharapova + Chan/Zheng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eog0TaQ1o3c

He didnt seem to fear him, And the Nadal/Berdych exchange looked minor.

girlscoutcookies

when have we ever not seen nadal -500 against birdshit?

fcmb

Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
    He didnt seem to fear him, And the Nadal/Berdych exchange looked minor.
    Translation please..

Who would have to be affraid of who and why? Who was talking about fear or exchanges?

It looks like you"ve missed the point.

If anyone than Birdshit should be affraid of playing vs Rafa because Rafa is 18-0 vs him since that match in Madrid 2006

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

18-0 and only lost 3 sets that is pretty funny. I had never seen that video clip before

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    you should feel better about your birdshit bet now. nobody saying he even has a chance?? just look at the price. it says it all.
    Berych has confidence, and he's playing better, however, Nadal will be miles better than Tomic was. Tomic was trying not too lose the match. Had Tomic been aggressive, that match would have been 4 sets for sure. Maybe he was intimidated a bit, who knows. The books do this every once in awhile. They get you scratching your head on a line where Nadal should be -500... I think the line is the way it is for 2 reasons:

A.) the books truly don't believe in Nadal vs a quality opponent anymore or

B.) Maybe Birdych will finally figure Nadal out?

This is. Very bad matchup for Berdych, the stats prove this... At the same time Nadal is regressing somewhat, and maybe Berdych being focused will help him finally get over this obstacle. I have my doubts though. Personally the odds are not fair on Berdych.

Jerimjob

Makarova with a really nice first set. Already a winner for me unless one of these broads retire.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by AboutThatLife View Post
    Lol if Berdych beats Nadal tonight I'd be willing to send you $100 through paypal--Jerimjob
    I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    when have we ever not seen nadal -500 against birdshit?

if raffy wins it will be in 5 sets. otherwise berdy is taking him down

AboutThatLife

Only applies to the threads author - he didn't take me up on it so its a no-go

Lol yall must be new to this, in reference to Nadal going 5 - Nadal owns this guy.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Only applies to the threads author - he didn't take me up on it so its a no-go

Lol yall must be new to this, in reference to Nadal going 5 - Nadal owns this guy.
    oh wow you're so smart. must be an old pro. I would have never thought to look at the head to head

hunsi
    hunsi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennis sucks!

Jerimjob

Was expecting more from Bouchard, but Sharapova outplayed her big time.
    Thought Bouchard could take a set, but she was never really a threat.

Time for the boys to steal the show. Expecting a beauty of a match

AboutThatLife

Lol expect a losing night - maybe like me thats what you should expect

Jerimjob

Took Oakland and Army in college hoops, so not a losing night regardless of outcome in Berdych match.
    Maybe you should stop doing live bets... doesn't look like you're doing too good at those... plus too much juice...

Jerimjob

Matt is 1000% right - Wasn't Berdych supposed to beat Ferrer a short time ago yeah I forgot hes weaker than a child in the head
    Great end to the night finishing on the plus side.
    Rafa wasn't his normal self, but Berdych played unbelievable, and outplayed Nadal significantly.

Since you felt so generous, I'll take that $100 bud

girlscoutcookies

Points Awarded:

Jerimjob gave girlscoutcookies 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice Peaks OP