lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

Nick Kyrgios v Andreas Seppi

can i get some suggestions,

was leaning kyrgios some public plays has started to get me to reconsider.

also taking murray and berdych.

bol. some insight into all game would be appreciated

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

Kyrgios won their only match to date, which was at last year's US Open,
    although it was close: 6-4, 7-6, 6-4 and during a period where Seppi
    was not at 100%. He retired from Metz shortly afterward.
    There is an 11 year difference in age. Seppi has seen it all. There is no
    style he hasn't encountered along the way in his career. He is in top form
    and is coming off beating RF, Chardy, and Istomin in this AO. Kyrgios has
    beaten DelBonis, Karlovic, and Jaziri.
    The crowd will be behind the Australian, Kyrgios. It is unknown how the pressure
    will be dealt with by Kyrgios, who has been known to be hasty and hotheaded
    during matches whereas Seppi will be the calm collected plotter. I think Seppi
    is in strong form to take this match and will be giving it massive effort to go deep
    in the AO. He is almost 31. Kyrgios is almost 20.
    The other side of the argument is that Kyrgios could make Seppi work too hard and
    if he can stay away from errors and df's he has a strong chance to win. I have futures
    on both as I believe on their best days either can beat most anyone but I put the actual
    bet on Seppi today because of the experience edge and he just beat Federer.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

the line on berdych is inflated too much imo. i've seen the guy do what he's doing(hasn't lost a set yet) too often and then come out and lose, thats why he's the bird dik. i think he gets it done but it could be really close.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Krygrios serves well, he wins IMO. An honest assessment is that Seppi played pretty well, maybe as well as he can play against Roger and still needed an off night from Federer to truly win that match. Obviously well possible that Kyrgios as a youngster could have his ups and downs too, but Seppi also isn't likely to replicate some of what he did last match.

If Nick is serving at an A-level, then Seppi is pressured in every service game to match and his serve is still a weaker part of his game overall. Best chance for Seppi is to be able to get the serves back in play and force Kyrgios into rallies where he can construct points and force errors.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-24-15 at 12:57 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg

waste1
    just donking around
    waste1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

hard game to bet. i would wait watch the game a few minutes and then place a bet. i think seppi is the more clever player whereas kyrgios is still a kid and if he doesnt start well it could get mental for him.

btw. seppi played the best match of his career imo against fedex. hitting every ball left and right. form should be fine.

if i think about it i would lean towards seppi

AboutThatLife
    AboutThatLife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

If you've seen the level of cool exhibited by this kid - I expect him to serve well - I'll set my plate for the first set going o9.5 games and I'll be watching the first set to make a decision.

There is money to be made tonight and I'll do it with the women - Berydch/Murray parlay seems almost automatic but I'm staying away from birdshit and I'll parlay Murray with Halep - Nadal ML paired with Murray is safer

Bouchard 2-0

Sharapova u19 games lol at Peng doing the bullshit she has done to get here (2x)

I expect Makarova to win haven't factored how I'll play her in if at all

Personally don't see Seppi winning this match and its not 50/50 if Kyrgios is healthy

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3768

my bet on Seppi is light one unit style.. since there's no way i can watch this match
    or react live. I'm just not as bullish on Kyrgios being a 'beast' as most are.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Players coming off a major upset win tend to bomb in the next round; Seppi is usually mentally weak too. Kyrgios or no play. That dude looks like he will relish the crowd support and added pressure.

EaglesPhan36

I usually like that fade structure on marquee wins, but I think it's tempered a lot when you're talking about a tour vet who isn't going to be star struck by one win and you also take into account I think the way in which the match was won. If Seppi had to go 5 and pulled it back after blowing a 2-0 lead, I think he'd be much more likely to be flat today. He was in control of that match for the most part with Roger, so his emotions were not as high as they might have been in a different outcome.

I still like Kyrgios to win, but his back still worries me a bit too much to back him. He keeps saying how it tightens up at different times during matches, so he has to get treatment like he did against Jaziri. That's what would worry me this match because Seppi will make him work if they get into rallies.
    Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Seppi is a vet bed-sh.tter. His last match was probably the only match of his career in which he did not crumble on a big stage. What are the chances he will repeat that performance ? But yeah, the youngster's injury is a bit of a concern.

PS That was Seppi's first ever win over a top-10 player in a Grand Slam. He has been on a tour for like 15 years. Seriously ?

PPS I am not going big on Kyrgious. But I think anybody trusting Seppi to beat anybody who is better than the likes of Sela, i.e. pretty much anybody, is not going to make a profit in the long run.

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

cheers guys, some similar perspectives. might still take a small parlay.

AboutThatLife

I'm playing name the score with bouchard match betting .25 units for Bouchard to keep breaking

AboutThatLife

I've played name the score with some of my opponents before its a fun game to play even had a few golden sets in my career.

SCI
    SCI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5766

The thing I don't like about backing Kyrgios tonight is the fact that Seppi has played Istomin, Chardy and Federer. These guys are near vet versions of Kyrgios IMO.

Kyrgios will have the crowd, but so did Fed in a big way.

This is a tough match to predict IMO, but I lean Seppi.

EaglesPhan36

I wouldn't put Istomin or Chardy anywhere near Kyrgios. His serve is miles above both of theirs when he is fully fit. Think his groundies are at-worst, equal to theirs but maybe better already.

SCI

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I wouldn't put Istomin or Chardy anywhere near Kyrgios. His serve is miles above both of theirs when he is fully fit. Think his groundies are at-worst, equal to theirs but maybe better already.
    They all play a similiar style. Chardy smoked Seppi last year. Kyrgios will need to serve well, just like if Istomin served well, he probably would of beaten Seppi and for sure Fed and Chardy like last year.

SCI

Seppi made Chardy and Federer both uncomfortable bigtime with his play. Now he plays the kid with pressure in front of his home crowd at night where conditions will be much slower than that of New York. Should be a fun match.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by SCI View Post
    They all play a similiar style. Chardy smoked Seppi last year. Kyrgios will need to serve well, just like if Istomin served well, he probably would of beaten Seppi and for sure Fed and Chardy like last year.
    Just because they play a similar style doesn't mean they should be lumped together. Chardy and Istomin are not very consistent from set to set. They show flashes of their best, Kyrgios shows it more consistently. His serve is borderline Raonic-Isner-Karlovic status more often than not. Chardy and Istomin lack that weapon to any level like that. Certainly his back can bring him down to a less consistent serve, but we'll see.

I just think every match is different and Kyrgios brings more electricity to the court than Chardy or Istomin do. It's the power I think he has more in his shots than those two.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 01-25-15 at 12:15 AM.

SCI

Just because they play a similar style doesn't mean they should be lumped together. Chardy and Istomin are not very consistent from set to set. They show flashes of their best, Kyrgios shows it more consistently. His serve is borderline Raonic-Isner-Karlovic status more often than not. Chardy and Istomin lack that weapon to any level like that. Certainly his back can bring him down to a less consistent serve, but we'll see.

I just think every match is different and Kyrgios brings more electricity to the court than Chardy or Istomin do. It's the power I think he has more in his shots than those two.
    I'm talking about if they all serve well against Seppi, they win, if not, they probably lose.

SCI

Kygrios reminds me more of a Tomic on serve, then a Raonic or Isner.

SCI

Yeah, Kygrios reminds me of a Tomic, Gulbis or Istomin on serve more than a Raonic, Isner or Ivo. His placement seems better than the former though.

domz248
    domz248's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 808

Lol he's done lol throwing his racket like a girl

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

This kid is Lil biotxh. Wish I knew before I put money on him. Jeez grow up

SCI

He's only 19 man.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by SCI View Post
    I'm talking about if they all serve well against Seppi, they win, if not, they probably lose.
    Well that would be about every player, if they serve well against someone they would win. Kyrgios looked like ass in the 1st set. Not sure if it's the back or jitters or what. But he's playing poorly.

EaglesPhan36

Seppi deserves credit though, he's playing well and serving well too.

SCI

Kyrgios reminds me alot of Gulbis actually. I wonder if Kyrgios will keep his head and reach his potential that Gulbis seems to not care about.

SCI

I didn't bet this match, too much to think about. I did say I leaned Seppi, but stayed away. Love Murray later though.

EaglesPhan36

Attitude-wise, he is a spot-on young Andy Murray. Talking and yelling at himself. I love that personally.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Biggest joke ever. This kid...

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Seppi is playing so insane right now. Reminds me of the run Cilic did to win the US Open. Long way to go for Seppi but the way he is playing, it is going to be hard for anyone to take him down if he keeps playing like this.

SCI

Seppi is playing too solid again. Impressive run for Seppi.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Seppi is playing so insane right now. Reminds me of the run Cilic did to win the US Open. Long way to go for Seppi but the way he is playing, it is going to be hard for anyone to take him down if he keeps playing like this.
    He's playing well, but Kyrgios is playing like a teenager. Poor tactics and rushed play. Seppi just has to be steady against someone playing like this. Put the ball back in play and let the kid kill himself.

I think Seppi's weaknesses would come out against someone like Murray, but who knows - maybe it is just magic time.

SCI

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Seppi will get beat by Murray. Murray is a much better version of Seppi.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

He's playing well, but Kyrgios is playing like a teenager. Poor tactics and rushed play. Seppi just has to be steady against someone playing like this. Put the ball back in play and let the kid kill himself.

I think Seppi's weaknesses would come out against someone like Murray, but who knows - maybe it is just magic time.
    Seppi is doing what he did to Federer to Kyrgios. Every time you think they hit a winner, Seppi makes some insane return/passing shot.

Don't see what Kyrgios is doing wrong personally but I have never been a fan of his regardless though.

12 Last