beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Saw Dr.Ivo at +300 to have most aces....

He had the most last year..Played the most matches for him in a long time due to being healthy. As long as he does this is a great price. In years where he had played 50 or more matches he has had the most. This is a bet on him getting injured or not basically.

Saw the bet at Intertops.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's the line for Raonic? It's Raonic or Ivo anyway.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

where can I bet that he doesn't even play half of his matches this season? those odds say it all. most aces last year yet he's +300?

beefcake
    Update your status

Intertops.eu..

Tipsa...here ya go!!!

ATP Tour 2015: Most Aces Closing Date: Jan 03, 2015 23:00 GMT -5
    Odds for other players on request
    Option Win Odds
    Milos Raonic +110
    John Isner +150
    Ivo Karlovic +300
    Samuel Groth +2200
    Sam Querrey +2500
    Kevin Anderson +2800
    Marin Cilic +3300
    Ernest Gulbis +4000
    Stan Wawrinka +5000
    Roger Federer +6600
    Novak Djokovic

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather take Raonic at a little above even odds on that. Younger and he wasn't that far behind Karlovic last year. I don't think you can bank on Karlovic playing a lot of matches at age 35. To me, it's a health question between Isner & Raonic for this honor and I think Raonic has been a bit healthier than Isner over the past couple years. Raonic should also get some extra best of five set matches at Slams by going deeper than either of these other two in general.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well said Mr.Eagles.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Great play Beefer if Ivo plays close to the same schedule. I agree with EP a little bit, but IF he is healthy this year - he will play his ass off.. At 35 it is about getting all you can out of your body bec he won't be doing it at 40. Kind of that do or die, now or never attitude. I see Ivo giving another year or two maybe at full steam and then he winds down hard & exits the tour.. Maybe he did that last year?? But IF he didn't and he wants to give another big go at his age, bec it is now or never for him to play at a high level, then those odds are fantastic. That's just how I see it. I don't know his current health issues at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him start blasting aces to start the year. Best of luck on this one man!!!

beefcake
    Update your status

Thanks Dmoney!!

Like everyone said. Its all dependent on Ivo's fitness. After a healthy year last year I am willing to risk 1 unit to win 3 on the bet at such a good price. We will see in November if it is a winner!!
    Last edited by beefcake; 01-04-15 at 05:56 PM.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would also back Raonic, he'll play way more matches that Ivo... Isner is declining, don't fancy his odds.

beefcake
    Update your status

Could be a dam special year for IVO!!! 19 aces and only once deuce game on serve vs World #1 is dam amazing. By the way Ivo is 750-1 to win the aussie!!!

beefcake
    Update your status

penetrate it...Ivo to win Aussie Open..Risk 1 unit to win 750 units...Hedge the penetrate out of it if he makes QF.. He will be seeded to with a manageable draw this is possible. I know need to wait for the draws.. but this price will not last..Could be down to 300-1 maybe by start of Open.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    penetrate it...Ivo to win Aussie Open..Risk 1 unit to win 750 units...Hedge the penetrate out of it if he makes QF.. He will be seeded to with a manageable draw this is possible. I know need to wait for the draws.. but this price will not last..Could be down to 300-1 maybe by start of Open.
    He served really well today. Doing that against Djoković, who can get a racket on pretty much anything, when it comes to return, adds more credit to this performance. But it's almost impossible to serve like this match after match, so don't overreact on it. Winning AO? C'monn... Regarding that hedging strategy. Even if he gets to the QF, you will not get much by hedging out. 5-10 units maybe.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

lol how long do you think old man ivo can keep this up tho? I've never seen a guy reach (basically) his prime at such an old age

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    lol how long do you think old man ivo can keep this up tho? I've never seen a guy reach (basically) his prime at such an old age
    karlovic is going well at the moment but wouldnt say he is in his prime. he always starts the year well then falls away during clay season and then comes back again at the end of the year for indoor matches

his best years was in 2007/2008 where he reached his career high ranking and won against Novak and Fed in 2008, as well as coming close to beating Nadal

also karlovic doesnt exactly need to move that much so his game won't get affected by age as much compared to others

brodie
    you got the juice now

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    karlovic is going well at the moment but wouldnt say he is in his prime. he always starts the year well then falls away during clay season and then comes back again at the end of the year for indoor matches

his best years was in 2007/2008 where he reached his career high ranking and won against Novak and Fed in 2008, as well as coming close to beating Nadal

also karlovic doesnt exactly need to move that much so his game won't get affected by age as much compared to others
    havent watched him once this year, but last year was one of the most consistent years of his career. do you really think john isner will be in the top 30 when he's karlo's age? I doubt it. dude stepped his game up and it's more than just serving, he shocks me in rallies sometimes.

and let's not act like you didn't just scour the atp website to find that info

it's called an exaggeration. obviously 28 year old ivo would rock a 35 year old ivo

SirtySree

havent watched him once this year, but last year was one of the most consistent years of his career. do you really think john isner will be in the top 30 when he's karlo's age? I doubt it. dude stepped his game up and it's more than just serving, he shocks me in rallies sometimes.

and let's not act like you didn't just scour the atp website to find that info

it's called an exaggeration. obviously 28 year old ivo would rock a 35 year old ivo
    of course i looked up those stats. 90% of the stats from ppl, including me is searched up obviously.

i agree with u that karlovic has more than just serving. karlovic has never been a pure servebot. ive mentioned it before that players like isner and karlovic hav more to their game than wat ppl giv credit for and hence why they are ranked much higher than someone like Groth or Olivetti who both serve almost as fast. that being said, his serve is still 90% of his game and his movement has always been subpar.

beefcake
    Update your status

I have seen all I need two see with beating novak and taking ferrer all the way to the limit for Ivo.Still think that price is a hell off a get.He wont win like I always say..but he needs a good draw but with his good play this week the oddsmakers are going to give a better price when he plays the top players.Five setter or not you really think he will be a 12-1 dog vs novak again?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eh, it's only week #1 of the season. Have to factor that in - no one has seen serves this big in how many months? These guys have no prep to face serves like Milos or Ivo this early. That changes as the season goes and prep gets better. That's why you can see the odd upsets early in the season IMO.

Best serving I have seen so far was Milos against Kei yesterday. That was incredible, especially considering he was a bit average by his standards the day before against Groth.

beefcake
    Update your status

Update...Ivo with an incredible 327 going into Acapulco.Basically a 100 ace lead already on raonic.He is going far into tourneys including winning delray which helped.Fingers crossed no injury.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

good tip

I didn't see this thread earlier

comes down to how many tournaments he plays

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Update...Ivo with an incredible 327 going into Acapulco.Basically a 100 ace lead already on raonic.He is going far into tourneys including winning delray which helped.Fingers crossed no injury.
    Slams will be very important. Some games go to 5 sets and guys who go deep will boost their ace records.

Raonic will own Karlovic in slams, unfortunately. Karlovic loves 3 set-format games

beefcake
    Update your status

Slim lead going into Bucharest for Ivo. Two matches played is not what I wanted to see...But still leading!!

SirtySree

Looking good for Ivo. He might fall behind a bit after the clay season but if the gap is still close, he should take this once the indoor hard matches come around. Also just hope he gets Brands as his opponent at some stage.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

: )

kdawgy
    kdawgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

I watched a couple of Ivo's matches last week and his serve is huge, his forehand is solid, but god is his backhand weak on clay. He did not hit a single topspin backhand the entire match he lost to Jiri Vesely. Does he not have one at all?

beefcake
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy View Post
    I watched a couple of Ivo's matches last week and his serve is huge, his forehand is solid, but god is his backhand weak on clay. He did not hit a single topspin backhand the entire match he lost to Jiri Vesely. Does he not have one at all?
    Don't think he ever has..

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I was going to disagree with you, Beef, but then I realized I was thinking of Lopez...

beefcake
    Update your status

Ivo behind by 26 aces to isner..but does not include this weeks tourney,he had 24 vs Hasse and 25 vs ITO .So ahead by 23!!!.Come on you fukker..don't get hurt!! Raonic foot surgery is helping this bet though!
    Last edited by beefcake; 06-13-15 at 07:12 AM.

brodie
    you got the juice now

why would you want to wait a full year for +300 odds lmao. u guys are crazy

Dmoneytx

why would you want to wait a full year for +300 odds lmao. u guys are crazy
    Because it's solid odds and you get to sweat a small side bet for an entire year!! That's fun as hell IMO.
    Why is that crazy by any means?? That to me makes no sense. It's not like he can bet on Ivo in some future tment to out ace everyone for +400.. Beefer put in a great play that will have action all year & have a great chance of cashing..
    Good luck Beef 😜

Ivo dropping bombs again today! Lol..

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

You guys see Muller dropping 40 aces on youhzny.

Dmoneytx

He did???? Holy fuk!!! LOL!!!

beefcake
    Update your status

Another 3 set win for IVO today..rack em up baby!!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneytx View Post
    He did???? Holy fuk!!! LOL!!!
    Yeah dude, youhzny has had no luck at all. He needs a few easy opponents to get back into the grind but he keeps getting solid opponents

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

ivo against Zverev?

12 Last