FredMadison
    FredMadison's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

TennisInsight Central Thread

To all former members of TennisInsight.com which has brutally shut down a few days ago, please join this thread, post your username and spread the word to other members so we can stay in touch and we have a place we can discuss any subject related to the site (possible reopening, alternatives, etc).
    I will post here all the latest news I have.

JossBeaumont

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

Why was it shut down? I frequented often, but do not think I was a member. If I ever created an account, it was not active.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Basically the guy who ran it admitted that the redesign was a clusterfukk that along with time issues brought it down. It's a fairly common mistake in many businesses. Rush for change instead of making sure the change is needed or wanted ... and then for fukk's sake, BETA test shit before you go live.

I work at a job where something similar happened. People are hell bent on making changes, instead of making GOOD changes that are tested and shown to be working correctly. Been working for five months at my job now fixing a continual series of F ups from the lack of a beta test on a system switch and probably be working several months into 2015 before things are fixed.

It's a shame. I wouldn't bet against a relaunch in 2015, but the guy's note to everyone on Twitter sounded like he's totally burnt out. But downtime and itchy fingers and a new tennis season, ya know ...

marniblitz
    marniblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

It's a real shame that this attempt to improve a great product ended up ruining it. I hope someone decides to buy the current owner out and resurrect, even in some modified form, the old site.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11464

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Basically the guy who ran it admitted that the redesign was a clusterfukk that along with time issues brought it down. It's a fairly common mistake in many businesses. Rush for change instead of making sure the change is needed or wanted ... and then for fukk's sake, BETA test shit before you go live.

I work at a job where something similar happened. People are hell bent on making changes, instead of making GOOD changes that are tested and shown to be working correctly. Been working for five months at my job now fixing a continual series of F ups from the lack of a beta test on a system switch and probably be working several months into 2015 before things are fixed.

It's a shame. I wouldn't bet against a relaunch in 2015, but the guy's note to everyone on Twitter sounded like he's totally burnt out. But downtime and itchy fingers and a new tennis season, ya know ...
    People want change for a lot of reasons that don't always equate to what is best for the company. 1) A person in a decision making position feels threatened with their job and perhaps being squeezed out because their job has become non-vital, so they create projects to make for themselves, and show they are a go-getter. Create shitty website, implement too early to hit deadline, screw company. 2) A company isn't doing well, and losing business, so they come up with a fantastic new business idea to generate cash and loans from friends/family/creditors. They have to at least make an attempt at it, even though cash is going to save their failing business. Business goes in shitter anyway because they aren't good business people.

Not saying that's what happened here, but I too work in a similar role of cleaning up fck ups. The life of being a systems guy in a company still operating like it's 1990. But a lot of times it's not incompetence, but misplace priorities.

To add on to my rambling, alot of times things get fcked up with implementations like this is not because the computer guys 'decided' not to beta test or didn't do their due diligence. It's 99% of the time that the business people, who have no clue what it takes to get anything done that actually runs their business make ridiculous deadlines and demands. 100 Accountants? Why the fck not? Everyone needs accountants, right? IT people? What are they? Oh yeah hire like 2 of them to run the financial system for thousands of people around the world,because that makes sense. Not to mention the guys who build the programs so a monkey could smash buttons and get work done are the true accountants who need to understand the rules and needs of customers. Business people think if they think something it should just exist, and don't realize all the work involved as far as computer/websites, etc go. Rant done. For now.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It's over.

HockeyGuruNHL
    Bugatti over b__chez
    HockeyGuruNHL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

jake3
    jake3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Ah I remember checking the website out a lot during grand slams... Messy yes but manageable. Hmm, I will keep an eye out for it