PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

The difference between top players and those with talent who will never be top player

BRAINS.

Skill level is the same, but the top players are just smarter than the others. Just watching Murray - Pospisil match now. If anything pospisil has more weapons, but just fades in all the important moments and gets nervous. My main point is top players are just smarter, and more mentally stable. You can see them feel like they are playing children. They just understand the impact of important points, where everyone else just plays on emotion. Top players understand how to play by the percantages. How many times to these lower ranking idiots look good all set, and then start missing their first serves towards end of set because they go for "more" when they didn't need "more" all set. Just my personal opinion. Dont' have to agree with it. But as someone who played sports and thrived not on physical ability but out smarting others, its pretty frustrating this exists at a professional level. But then again most people are pretty stupid I suppose so it makes sense.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Yeah, I agree. Pospisil is 6'4 and loaded with talent. For whatever reason, he's terrible under pressure. Another one was Cuevas up until about June, he's starting to come into his own. You could Put Tsonga in there too