repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Ernests Gulbis to win Malaysian Open +300

Futures. wish me luck

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Good luck but I think he will struggle against all three remaining players. Gulbis's forehand is still looking as fragile as ever and against Nish or Nieminen, who are both going to make Gulbis rally alot, I just don't see him beating either. He won't have an easy match against Benneteau either who has beaten him every encounter.

rmx
    rmx's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think bennetau will kick gulbis

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

this guy should never be trusted

Djoking
    Djoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

LOL. Gulbis unclear player. ATP must banned him for all time. He loves retired from matches when he wins 1set and lead in 2nd but then loses 2nd set

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by Djoking View Post
    LOL. Gulbis unclear player. ATP must banned him for all time. He loves retired from matches when he wins 1set and lead in 2nd but then loses 2nd set
    Not sure what you mean when the dudes only retired 3 times in his career in 11 years.

He lost to Benneteau twice this year already when he was in better form so not overly surprising that he loses again when his form is much worse.

rmx
    rmx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Not sure what you mean when the dudes only retired 3 times in his career in 11 years.

He lost to Benneteau twice this year already when he was in better form so not overly surprising that he loses again when his form is much worse.
    thats why i dont get why ppl bet gulbis.. was easy money for me.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by rmx View Post
    thats why i dont get why ppl bet gulbis.. was easy money for me.
    I personally liked betting Gulbis earlier this year but it's just that since the French Open, his forehand is back to what it was early in his career.

On matchstat his betting rating is still great for the past year but is negative in the past month.

Djoking

other matches he lose 1-2 after leads 1-0

SirtySree

other matches he lose 1-2 after leads 1-0
    Strongly disagree with this. Everyone loses up a set all the time and Gulbis is one of the only players going around that actually wins once he's up.

His last loss after winning the first set is all the way back in February 7 months ago against Dimitrov in Acapulco where Dimi won the tourney (not counting 5 setters but there's only 1 against Thiem). Then in the whole of 2013, he only did it 3 times with 2 against Nadal and 1 against Ferrer where he was expected to lose in straight sets.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Strongly disagree with this. Everyone loses up a set all the time and Gulbis is one of the only players going around that actually wins once he's up.

His last loss after winning the first set is all the way back in February 7 months ago against Dimitrov in Acapulco where Dimi won the tourney (not counting 5 setters but there's only 1 against Thiem). Then in the whole of 2013, he only did it 3 times with 2 against Nadal and 1 against Ferrer where he was expected to lose in straight sets.
    Why do Russians somehow always seem to insist upon further reinforcing the negative stereotypes of themselves?

SirtySree

Also just to show how good Gulbis is at winning matches after he is won the first set, I will show you the comparison of the top 10 ranked players.

Gulbis has lost 2 matches this year when up a set.
    Djokovic has lost 3 matches this year when up a set (out of only 7 losses).
    Nadal has lost 2 matches this year when up a set (but hasn't played many matches).
    Federer has lost 6 matches this year when up a set.
    Wawarinka has lost 6 matches this year when up a set.
    Ferrer 3.
    Raonic 3.
    Berd 7.
    Nish 3.
    Cilic 3.
    Dimi 3.

So infact compared to the top 10 ranked players, Gulbis is the best at winning when up a set.

Djoking

Why are you looking at only this year. See 2009, 2012 and other years. He is shit and he always would be it. His father rich man and Gulbis didn't have nothing in tennis

Djoking

I always hate players such Gulbis, Verdasko, Tipsarevic, Davydenko, Troicki, Fognini.

SirtySree

Why are you looking at only this year. See 2009, 2012 and other years. He is shit and he always would be it. His father rich man and Gulbis didn't have nothing in tennis
    Because looking beyond two years is completely pointless when he only really became a regular in the ATP tour last two years. Regardless, had a quick look and it's nothing out of the ordinary beyond those years. Seems like you just hate Gulbis cause you likely lost a few bets here and there rather than for any proper reason.

I don't dislike or like Gulbis but calling him a fixer and saying they should ban him for life is pretty ridiculous when there's nothing to suggest such a thing. Seems like you just have a delusional view of Gulbis.

SirtySree

Can't believe I wasted my time doing this but here a comparison between Federer and Gulbis during 2009-2014.

Federer lost 81 matches in that period, 27 was when up a set.
    Gulbis lost 134 matches in that period, 29 was when up a set.

Won't waste my time doing more comparisons but you can do that yourself if you want. Pretty clear the hate on Gulbis is not justified.

Djoking

Thiem D. - Gulbis E. 4-6, 3-6, 6-4, 6-3, 6-3
    Stakhovsky S. - Gulbis E. 6-4, 6-3, 7-6
    Haider-Maurer A. - Gulbis E. 3-6, 6-3, 1-6, 7-6, 6-4
    Hajek J. - Gulbis E. 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
    Brands D. - Gulbis E. 7-6, 6-3
    Bautista-Agut R. - Gulbis E. 7-6 retired
    Greul S. - Gulbis E. 6-4, 6-2
    Bubka S. - Gulbis E. 6-4, 6-4
    Matosevic M. - Gulbis E. 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
    its only for 3years. odds on opponents was very HIGH

SirtySree

I could pick out any player not novak, nadal, or fed in the last 3 years and the majority of them would have more than 9 bad losses in the last 3 years

edit: actuall u cn add those 3 names in too. Every loss by those 3 players r high odds majority of the time

Djoking

Gulbis retired in 2nd against Klizan

Djoking

Lose 1set to Youzhny. yeah. real shit player

Djoking

4-6 1-4 well done Youzhny. finish him

Djoking

22.10. 14:25 Coric B. - Gulbis E. 2.79 1.42 AHAHAHAHAH yes Gulbis great player. great shit

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

22.10. 14:25 Coric B. - Gulbis E. 2.79 1.42 AHAHAHAHAH yes Gulbis great player. great shit
    he was injured (shoulder)

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

You do realize he's had slot of personal issues over the years right? When's he's "Right" ask Berdych how hard he is to beat. You can blame a man for living the way he does. Think about it, if it's just a job, thens he's still making solid money. He also injured himself vs Thiem and Coric played a decent match... Coric defeated Golubev today who I think is a top 30 indoor hardcourt player.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Can't**

felix_felicus7
    felix_felicus7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4430

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnmJ5WP-QU8

Yeah, last week in moscow he really struggled, managing only 3 break pts v seppi then agut. One of the better backhands & serves going around...and definitely the funniest guy since safin for me. Anyone remember him dominating nadal last year in indian wells & rome only to end up crumbling in 3?

Djoking

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    He also injured himself vs Thiem and Coric played a decent match... \
    yes "injuried"