boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Live Play on Fed...

So Fed is down 2 sets and the live play bet for him on 5Dimes to WIN is +149? Wow. Seems like short odds for a guy down 2 sets regardless of who he is at this point in a Slam.

Metaphor
    Metaphor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fed will win. Book it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Until Monfils started clowning on his shot selection, I would not have thunk it - but Roger showing some energy finally and a little fortunate that Monfils played like shit after he got gifted the break back. Of course, I dumbly took Monfils to close out the third set lol

boss_of_um

Now up a break in the 3rd he is favored to win the match. No respect for the French clown...not that I would take him even up 2 sets though. Just was hoping for a better line on Fed based on the score line.

EaglesPhan36

Federer serving much better now, that has made a big difference. His serve was wack in the 1st two sets.

boss_of_um

Over/Under on total games is 46.5. If Fed wins, wouldn't this have to hit just about? Will be at 29 games if Fed holds here to close out the 3rd set. 2 sets to get 18 games?

zec
    zec's Avatar Become A Pro!

You never know with Monfils, he could completely fall apart in the 5th if it went that far.. He is weird

EaglesPhan36

4th set will tell a bit I think. If it's the old Monfils, he'll keep clowning with some of these shots and let Federer seize control. 5th set though is always a crapshoot unless one guy is just totally mentally beat down which Monfils would probably be if he blows a 2-0 lead where Federer had NOTHING working for two sets and he gifted him an early break that changed every thing and then blew it when Fed gifted it back to him.

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Federer is still missing those shots, giving away cheap points.. last time he did that he lost to Tsonga bitterly. I'd stay away if I were you. Or play Federer now, hope he wins the 4th and hedge your bet in the 5th.

Metaphor

Federer has cut down the unforced errors, had only one in the third set. How many did he have in the first two? Monfils is a clown of the highest order, pound Fed!

Metaphor

And there's the break, cmon ROGER!

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

If monfils holds the rest of set he will serve first and if he doesnt break early he will choke

Metaphor

Gifts is right back

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Show some balls monfils

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Roger can't be upset about the umpiring not calling new balls, because the new balls are due after the 34th game. There had only been 32 games played.

Metaphor

That's the Monfils we all know, wasting two match points then handing the break with two consecutive double faults

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Monfils is done. Mentally shot.

thehoorse
    thehoorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monfils meltdown

thehoorse
    thehoorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

And now Fed will lose in straight sets in the semis

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by thehoorse View Post
    And now Fed will lose in straight sets in the semis
    what

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

This match pretty much showed why Federer has won a number of grand slams while showing why Monfils hasn't won anything significant despite having the talents of a top 5 player.

Federer played those two match points against him perfectly and nothing Monfils could've done but the collapse after that is why Monfils isn't in the top 5 despite having the talent to match with the big boys. Federer also stepped up big time after those two match points much like he did against Novak when down a break in the 4th set at Wimbledon and countless number of other times as well.

Only thing separating Monfils from having as successful a career as Federer is that he is mentally weak while Federer is mentally the strongest player in tennis. Although he did strangely get rattled during a thing points in this match.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

^this. I swear the French need to have weekly mental evaluations starting in elementary school.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    ^this. I swear the French need to have weekly mental evaluations starting in elementary school.
    The French do choke a lot but to be honest, 99% of tennis players struggle with the mental part of tennis. It's not an easy sport to play when you are the only one out there and the crowd is against you at times. Novak, the number one player in the world even struggles at this and admitted it before.

Only one who I have seen deal well mentally is Federer but even he can get rattled as we saw today. Other then that, maybe only Robredo comes to mind but there are probably a few others out there.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Until Monfils started clowning on his shot selection, I would not have thunk it - but Roger showing some energy finally and a little fortunate that Monfils played like shit after he got gifted the break back. Of course, I dumbly took Monfils to close out the third set lol
    That is pretty stupid, yae.