w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Hedging advice

I've got 2 USO win futures that I need some advice hedging:

Wozniacki $50 to win $1650
    NOT Djoker $1000 to win $1000

I'm really fearing that both bets are going to lose at this point. Serena, and Djok just look too good.

Thanks!

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Only way to hedge Woz is to hope Woz beats Peng and takes first set from Serena.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

told you guys betting against djok was a square play

i'd let the woz ride because she probably has a chance to win, but with that payout you can afford to hedge a bit on Peng and then just hope for the best

as for djok you better just pray he loses unless you like hedging on heavy chalk

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

@ W@lt

I believe Federer is not going to lose another slam final to Djokovic this year unless he picks an injury along the way. I'd hedge Wozniacki , I seriously doubt whether she'll make it to the final. My money is on Peng going to the final round.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    @ W@lt

I believe Federer is not going to lose another slam final to Djokovic this year unless he picks an injury along the way. I'd hedge Wozniacki , I seriously doubt whether she'll make it to the final. My money is on Peng going to the final round.
    Woz's chances are higher than Fed IMO. And I have Fed @7 and Woz @34

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

you put 50 bucks on Woz
    you put 1000 on Djokovic.
    big difference.
    to be honest i don't think either will have any problem whatsoever vs Peng or Nish.
    there is no reason to spend fresh funds on either in this next match because all youre
    doing then is increasing your bet - where the real challenge is in the finals.
    when the finals come you can hedge Woz even though Serena will be favorite because it's 50 dollars
    but 1650 to win - so if Serena is -400 you spend 200 to hedge the 50 but still win 1450 if future pays.
    now with Djoker its a 1-1 bet you made so there will be no opportunity to hedge unless its Monfils.
    you will only have the chance to cancel most of the bet if its Federer.
    if you wait until live betting to hedge then you need the match to start your way with Djoker up a set, etc.
    because if Djoker is down a set to Fed the most you can do is get some $ back with partial hedge.
    also if Nishikori somehow gets up 1 set i still would not hedge because he will be a dog until he's up
    2 sets vs Djoker.
    my worthless opinion is that all the favorites will get to the finals.
    Federer vs Djokovic - rather bet on blackjack
    Wozniacki vs Serena - Serena wins
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Peng to beat Woz. Djokovic for champion.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

I already posted in the Wozniacki thread I hedged with Serena -123 before the Pennetta match. You can still do it at -198. I'd do it. Let's face it Serena is going to win unless she implodes. As for Djoko you are stuck. Nothing you can do but ride that out or start bailing and buy out but you would have to eat a big loss.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Please please please, Sushi Dude!

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Nice hit Dog!!!