SSVIR
    SSVIR's Avatar Become A Pro!

8-15 Plays

Not a lot of lines up yet but the one's I do see are tough.

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts.

11:00am Stanislas Wawrinka -300 v Julien Benneteau +250

Benneteau leads the H2H 3-2 but none are very relevant and the last one was a straight set win by Benneteau in Kuala Lumpur in 2013 in the SF (Sousa won - LOL). Stan lost the first set today to Cilic and then Cilic needed the trainer for his arm and lost 11 of the next 12 games. Cilic did go out and play two close sets of doubles so not really sure how bad the injury was vs Cilic small brain. Benneteau had a close first set against Jerzy breaking him on his only BP of the set to win 7-5 and then Jerzy went in the tank for the 2nd set. Not sure you can read much into either match. Stan is the better player but at -300 there is not much value in my opinion.

UPDATE: Took Benne +1.5 sets and the OVER 22.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1:00pm Milos Raonic -380 v Fabio Fognini +315

Raonic was lucky to win today and he looked nervous as shit in the 3rd set against Johnson losing his serve at 5-4 with a chance to close out the match. He was so tentative on the forehand side and his backhand was so damn shaky. Didn't watch any of the Fognini match but it looked like he was in some jeopardy in the first two sets as well. Fog has beaten a choking ERV, Hewitt who couldn't serve, and an average Lu (backhand aside) whereas Raonic smoked Ginepri and held on for dear life against Johnson (who is playing well so no slouch). Raonic probably wins in straight sets but the ML at -380 is too chalky and I don't think Fog has any real chance of beating him for the +315.

UPDATE: Odds have shifted even more toward Raonic at -399. Going with Raonic in straight sets. -1.5 sets at -128.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5:00pm Tommy Robredo v David Ferrer

No match info yet but Robredo is playing ridiculously well and Ferrer has been hot/cold even in the middle of matches. Didn't get to watch so not sure if Youzhny choked the 1st set break advantage serving for the set or Ferrer took it from him. Either way I think the only play is if Robredo is a decent dog or the OVER.
    7:00pm Roger Federer v Andy Murray

Federer is just getting too damn old. He shows flashes of brilliance but seems to be pretty mentally fragile when it comes to the killer instinct. Murray beat shitty Sousa and held on for his life against Isner. Tough to get any kind of a read b/c Sousa is hot garbage and Isner can't rally from the baseline. Murray as a decent dog and/or the OVER is probably the play here.
    1:00pm Serena Williams -700 v Jelena Jankovic +500

Odds are too f'd up to look at this match. Can't fathom Jankovic winning but might grab a set if Serena gets disinterested like she has been.
    5:00pm Radwanska v Wozniacki

No odds. Similar styles of play and both rolling along. I think Wozniacki wins but will be interested to see the odds.
    7:00pm Maria Sharapova -160 v Simona Halep +140

I'm not a fan of Halep's game but she does keep the ball in play a ton and waits for her opponent to make an unforced error which Sharapova is certainly keen on doing during significant stretches of matches. I think the OVER 22 -120 is the play here and hopefully Sharapova neither mashes Halep off the court nor commmits a zillion unforced errors like Safarova did today.
    9:00pm Ana Ivanovic -365 v Elina Svitolina +305

Ivanovic is playing pretty well but Svitolina is playing the best tennis of her life. I think in the end that Ivanovic wins but I'm strongly leaning toward Svitolina +5 games -125 and/or the OVER 20 games -114.
    Last edited by SSVIR; 08-15-14 at 11:47 AM.

koch & balls
    my nipples r so sensitive
    koch & balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 405

I agree with you on most of the matches. BOL brother!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray opened as a pretty solid favorite.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

I'll agree that Fed is getting a bit old. Compared to Fed, Murray has the mental strength of an amoeba.
    Murray is still suffering from his wimbly 2013 hangover. Im on fed baby. all day everyday vs andrew

JohnnyRudeboy
    Bull In A China Shop
    JohnnyRudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4095

Pretty keen on Murray and Ferrer. No read whatsoever on anything else.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The Federer is too old argument keeps coming up but yet he is still destroying 95% of his opponents. 7 finals out of 11 tournaments this year with the 4 losses being a semi-final against Nadal, 1st round to Chardy after the babies were born so not unexpected, Nish in quarter-finals who took down Dimi, Ferrer, then Federer in succession, and Gulbis in a 5 setter in Paris who made the semis.

There are currently only 3 players yet to register double digit losses and they are Fed, Novak, and Nadal. Compared with these two, Novak has made 5 finals in 11 tournaments with Federer knocking out Novak in two of those tourneys and Nadal is 7/12. Only difference is that Federer and Nadal seem to be taking all the small tournaments whereas, Novak is taking the bigger ones.

I would personally back Federer to win or at least make the finals of the US Open pending his draw.

In terms of my opinion on the Murray/Fed match, I'm not a fan of betting on tournaments prior to a grandslam as motivation levels are questionable for the players. I had Murray to win this tournament cause I think he is motivated but there is no way of knowing that unless I am Murray himself.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer has been the most consistent men's player this season. Only one tournament all year where he failed to win multiple matches. Besides that one (Rome), Miami (QF)& the French where he lost in the 4th round, he has made the semis or better every tournament. Truly remarkable. If anyone deserves the US Open, it's him for his hard work.

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

I'm hoping Benneteau can bring it today.

Benneteau +250 for me

SSVIR

11:00am 125 S.Wawrinka/J.Benneteau Over 22 Games -130* to win 2.5 units
    11:00am J BENNETEAU +1.5 sets -102 v S WAWRINKA to win 2.5 units
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1:00pm Milos Raonic -1.5 sets (-128) v Fabio Fogninito win 2.5 units
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3:00pm 101 Tommy Robredo +159* vs David Ferrer
    3:00pm 522 Caroline Wozniacki +110* vs Agnieszka Radwanska
    7:00pm 561 Maria Sharapova -109* vs Simona Halep to win 3 units
    7:00pm 563 M.Sharapova/S.Halep Over 22 Games -130* to win 2.5 units
    7:00pm 161 Andy Murray +102* vs Roger Federer to win 3 units

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -
    New Haven Qualifiers are to win 1 unit each. I usually hit these at a good clip and then get mushed on one or two chalky picks and only end up slight positive.
    10:00am Qualifying 1507 Jana Cepelova -260* vs Anna-Lena Friedsam

10:00am Qualifying 1510 Julia Glushko -155* vs An-Sophie Mestach
    10:00am Qualifying 1501 Varvara Lepchenko -475* vs Aleksandra Wozniak

10:00am Qualifying 1505 Silvia Soler-Espinosa -210* vs Claire Feuerstein
    10:00am Qualifying 1504 Belinda Bencic -170* vs Donna Vekic

10:00am Qualifying 1511 Mona Barthel -155* vs Kiki Bertens
    11:15am Qualifying 1528 Zarina Diyas -210* vs Irina-Camelia Begu
    12:30pm Qualifying 1529 Francesca Schiavone -280* vs Tsvetana Pironkova
    12:30pm Qualifying 1531 Shahar Peer +190* vs Kaia Kanepi
    12:30pm Qualifying 1534 Paula Ormaechea +150* vs Johanna Konta
    3:00pm Qualifying 1552 Danielle Rose Collins +363* vs Su-Wei Hsieh

Last edited by SSVIR; 08-15-14 at 08:45 PM.

w@lt

Fuk. Doesn't look good for Benne.. Stan smacking the ball around.

SSVIR

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    Fuk. Doesn't look good for Benne.. Stan smacking the ball around.
    Facking French guy

w@lt

Well, what do we have now? Break by Benne in the 2nd. Stan is still going to have to lose this, rather than Benne winning.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Great job as usual bro, I enjoy your threads a lot, keep up the good work

Goldenshowers
    Goldenshowers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

mucho excellente

SSVIR

Lepchenko is now officially my least favorite women's player. Makes the SF of Stanford and then loses today in a 3rd set TB in qualifiers to Canadian Wozniack after fighting off match points down 5-2 in games.

Got a push on the OVER 22 b/c Wawrinka is a bitch and didn't give a shit about holding serve. How does a men's match go three sets and not go OVER?!?

w@lt

WOW. Atta boy Benne!

FoxMulder
    FoxMulder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3121

Quote Originally Posted by SSVIR View Post
    Lepchenko is now officially my least favorite women's player. Makes the SF of Stanford and then loses today in a 3rd set TB in qualifiers to Canadian Wozniack after fighting off match points down 5-2 in games.

Got a push on the OVER 22 b/c Wawrinka is a bitch and didn't give a shit about holding serve. How does a men's match go three sets and not go OVER?!?
    Same happened in a Seppi match, Seppi lost 1-6 6-1 1-6.. I have seen a WTA match end 6-0 0-6 6-0 (Jovanovski if not mistaken) but of course that's wta. shit happens.

SSVIR

Quote Originally Posted by w@lt View Post
    I'm hoping Benneteau can bring it today.

Benneteau +250 for me

w@lt

Dammit, Fogs. Don't you dare retire and void my Milos 2-0 bet.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Benne can has trophy ? finally ?

w@lt

Quote Originally Posted by SSVIR View Post
    Going with Raonic in straight sets. -1.5 sets at -128
    Easy!
    Last edited by w@lt; 08-15-14 at 12:58 PM.

SSVIR

Murray is a feg and Maria owns Halep.