FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Golubev +187 Vs Monaco Tuesday

Monaco just lost a depressing final a few hours ago now has to get up and pack for Austria(although close). I think he never gets off the bus and walks through his first match vs Golubev.

Golubev is 0-3 vs Monaco but I just don't think the motivation will be there for Monaco and he'll earn his first victory.

Someone wanna talk me out of this?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

don't over think it. Sure Monaco lost this final but what do you think he's going to be crying all the way to Austria?

Monaco has won Kitzbuhel before, and made the finals last year. Golubev is average on clay, has hardly any noteworthy clay wins this year.
    This is the time of year Monaco can win some matches and make some money.. would be shocked to see him tank, especially given his past successes in Kitzbuhel

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Monaco just lost a depressing final a few hours ago now has to get up and pack for Austria(although close). I think he never gets off the bus and walks through his first match vs Golubev.

Golubev is 0-3 vs Monaco but I just don't think the motivation will be there for Monaco and he'll earn his first victory.

Someone wanna talk me out of this?
    Have you watched Golubev lately?? Monaco hasn't done shit all year. This is his time.

mamamonkey
    mamamonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Golubev is an error machine. He goes for winners every 2 shots in a rally. No patience. When he's losing he gives up. When your money is on him and you watch him play you want to slice your wrists and crawl into a cold bath.

When he's on he's actually really hard to beat but that's once every 5 months or so.

You said talk you out of it.

BOL

fukk tannehull fuk the phins.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Players coming off finals either do really well or lose in the 1st two rounds of the next tourney.

In Monaco's case, if you have a look at him coming off finals, he tends to lose in the 1st round straight after although there are a few times where he went on to do really well.

mamamonkey

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Players coming off finals either do really well or lose in the 1st two rounds of the next tourney.

In Monaco's case, if you have a look at him coming off finals, he tends to lose in the 1st round straight after although there are a few times where he went on to do really well.
    so you're saying sometimes a player coming off a final does well, and sometimes he doesn't.
    and monaco sometimes does well, but sometimes he doesnt.
    that's cool.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by mamamonkey View Post
    so you're saying sometimes a player coming off a final does well, and sometimes he doesn't.
    and monaco sometimes does well, but sometimes he doesnt.
    that's cool.
    rofl wont bother explaining if ur reading skills arent up to scratch

mamamonkey

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    rofl wont bother explaining if ur reading skills arent up to scratch
    lmao just busting balls.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

so this looks like version where Monaco does not show up?

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Missed this

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Missed this
    maybe you haven't missed anything.....as Golubev starts playing like he always does....and Monaco isn't forcing errors so much

Primer
    Primer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Don't have any money on this match but it boggles my miND how someone can lose after winning a set 6-0. Just curious what is going through their mind lol

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz22 View Post
    maybe you haven't missed anything.....as Golubev starts playing like he always does....and Monaco isn't forcing errors so much
    good point

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Glad I didn't take this after all, would be so pissed to see Golubev donut Monaco first set and then lose lol

RHB041000
    RHB041000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 945

Did not miss a thing lol, I put a bill on Monaco live in 2nd set knew he would pull it back together

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO

also did not see the first set, but Golubev for sure started to play worse and worse, hitting too many errors.