wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

will they fix it?? absolute highway robbery. lost Ferrer -230 to win 1st game 2nd set

I won't say which book and put them on blast cause I don't want to have any issues getting paid.

but listen to this bullshit. live betting after 1st set tie break...Ferrer was -230 to win 1st game of second set...so I assumed with that line Ferrer was SERVING out the first game...(I wasn't watching the match, which yes is my fault and I shouldn't have assumed) but how the fuk are you gonna hang -230 to BREAK in a championship match just after a first set freaking tie break and +171 to HOLD SERVE..from the line indication I thought for sure Ferru was serving...(oh not to mention Ferrer is getting smoked and about to lose the match now so its not like he was destroying Mayer by any means)

here is some convo with live chat..
    me: please don't think I am being rude towards you or giving you an attitude cause I am not but I am really shocked right now...I took a live wager in the Ferrer Mayer match...and I believe you guys hung a wrong line..the bet was Ferrer wins 1st game of 2nd set..the line was -230...now all the times in these circumstances when the line is this high in means the player is serving...not returning....especially after the 1st set was just a tie break in a championship match....so I took the line under the assumption Ferrer was serving the 1st game...then to my surprise the players walk onto the court and hes returning, NOT SERVING
    me: -230 to break serve in a championship match in the 1st game of 2nd set after the 1st set was a tie break has got to be a wrong line

me: there is no way in heck that i would ever ever took the bet at -230, to break serve...do u know what im saying
    me: all the time in those cases with that juice it is to hold serve
    me: thats just high way robbery
    book: Actually sir is correctly graded.
    book:http://www.soccerstand.com/match/UJt...int-by-point;2
    book: You can check in that link
    book: the information that you need to know about this match
    me: i understand exactly what happened
    me: i dont need the link
    me: im saying that the fact that you guys hung -230 to break serve is and +171 to hold serve, IMO is down right wrong...is there manager i could speak to
    book: Sir, I'll transfer you to ....
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'book'.
    You are now chatting with 'book'
    book: Welcome to our online Customer Service! How may I assist you today?
    me: Hi
    me: are you able to see the previous conversation or do i have to explain again ( i dont mind or mean that in asshole way) just curious
    book: Your bet was D.Ferrer wins game 1 of set 2. The first game from the second set was won by Mayer .
    book: So your bet loss
    me: exactly...
    me: the point is that I was tricked into thinking Ferrer was serving out the first game the line was Ferrer -230!
    me: to BREAK
    me: that means the player to hold serve was +171
    book: The line reads very clear .
    book: your bet lost
    me: take a look at your history...you guys do not ever ever hang lines for players to break serve at -230

me: your not understanding what i am saying
    me: i understand i lost
    me: but the line indicated that ferrer was serving the 1st game
    me: not returning
    me: i would have never ever took the bet if i knew he was returning...-230 indicates that he is serving
    book: the line is still saying D.Ferrer wins game 1 of set 2 \
    book: it's live betting
    book: we can use any line we want
    book: your bet has action
    me: so your telling me that you just give away free money
    me: +171 to hold serve
    me: is insane
    book: The line was very clear . You confirmed the bet that is in your account .
    me: because the -230 indicated that FERRER was serving the game not returning
    book: Just a moment, please.

book: Tennis department will review your bet when the game is over . So contact me back later today .

me: alright
    me: thanks
    book: You're welcome.
    book: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    me: that's all...just hopefully to get this right..hope to speak with u soon...tahnks agian
    book: You're welcome.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

is that 5prikks? get tony to come on he'll surely have sand in his vag and take out his anger on you

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Hapened to me too. I thought ferrer was serving first but was mayer.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Hapened to me too. I thought ferrer was serving first but was mayer.
    fuking ridiculous right?!!?

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    fuking ridiculous right?!!?
    Yep I had to hurry and bet on mayer to get my money back. I was watching the match too i just assumed person serving would be favored unless it's WTA.

wagerjunkie

Yep I had to hurry and bet on mayer to get my money back. I was watching the match too i just assumed person serving would be favored unless it's WTA.
    you think they will fix it? I'm shocked he even said the tennis dpt is going to review it.

wagerjunkie

wow it's back in the pending wagers now..after they had cancelled it...so maybe they are doing something...holy shit. might actually get something correct here

Demonata

Well mine was graded but now back pending. I asked them and they said informing tennis department. wtf

wagerjunkie

Well mine was graded but now back pending. I asked them and they said informing tennis department. wtf
    hey man at least it's actually back in pending and we actually have a chance it and they aren't just telling us F U

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what book

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Asains man, you get fcked everytime.... It's like talking to a brick wall.

Demonata

Still pending. OMG

Demonata

They fixed it and gave me the win for the wrong guy heavily favored to hold.

kdawgy
    kdawgy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

You have to pay attention when you're doing the live betting. If for no other reason, than you can actually take advantage of "bad" or loose lines sometimes. I've only once have a live bet wager cancelled for a bad line, and that was 5 dimes back in the day. I've been paid on several bad lines from other sites (which will appropriately remain nameless, lol).

I think some of these sites outsource the live betting application too. So that makes it much more complicated to get things corrected.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Man you must have costs some people who took advantage of the error big itme!

The only reason they reversed it and settled you as a winner was because after your moaning on live chat they must have realised that the error actually cost them in a big way.

It's always some dummy who ruins it for the people who actually had a clue, knew what what going on, and took advantage of it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYRin09

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

So the smart ppl who took the right side would of lost??

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    So the smart ppl who took the right side would of lost??
    Yes. Because those on the wrong side would have complained (after the event) and thus brought it to the attention of the books.

The books would have looked it over and done whatever was in their best interest. In this case there must have been enough people "with it" who took advantage of the error and backed accordingly.

So yes, those on the right side would have been settled as loser (evident by the OP having been settled as a "winner" instead of a "refund") and faced a dilemma.

Do they contact the bookie and insist on a refund in which they would be entitled to? The dilemma is that this would probably mean getting your account limited due to an obvious error.

More than likely the mistake of the bookie would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

So yeah, whenever something like this happens it's usually the small fish who backed the wrong side because they're not clever enough to pay attention or know the rules on tennis, who complain, bring it to the books attention, and get the result reversed. Costing the smart ones.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

The correct thing to do would have been to void the bets. With an inverted line there can be no mistake that it's a mistake, and all bets should be refunded.

JC1186

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    The correct thing to do would have been to void the bets. With an inverted line there can be no mistake that it's a mistake, and all bets should be refunded.
    Exactly. Which is why I believe the book noticed they received some unusually big bets on the wrong line and they're trying to make a gain from it.